Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had this year's ago with Betfred when a horse was 66/1 with them, and best price 20/1 everywhere else. They claimed palpable error, cancelled my bet and restricted a losing account to less than minimum bet.

The horse was stuffed for what it's worth but it has made me wary of taking prices that a hugely out of line with everyone else.

Good luck RC - hope you slip through the net

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
      We'll see, I managed to get 40 on at 25s, was declined for another tenner. Hoping it will stand as not sure they should be able to void a bet just because they were too slow to change their original price (admittedly they held the price for far longer than they should have). Different from when I had Footpad at 10/1 for the Irish Arkle when Sportingbet had clearly mixed their odds up and was subsequently voided...haha! Anyway if I don't comment again you can assume the bet stood.
      Absolutely, my advice would be do everything you can to stay under the radar, bring attention to your acc and and it might bring bad news.
      Only when you’ve had a few accs restricted do you realise the value of them...

Comment

• Cheers FM and Ista totally get where you are coming from. I've only started taking the punting a bit more seriously the last 12 months, apart from being barred from promotions by 2 bookies, I haven't yet faced any restrictions. If I do start facing that issue I'll be a bit more conscious about getting accounts restricted from this sort of thing.

FM in your example above did they void the bet before the race?

Comment

• It was cancelled within a couple of days RC. If it isn't cancelled beforehand then I think they'll have to honour it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            It was cancelled within a couple of days RC. If it isn't cancelled beforehand then I think they'll have to honour it.
            Thanks FM, hoping to lay my stake off on the day if I don't hear otherwise this week (and he lines up)..... it would be a wonderful twist if I did that then Betbright refuse to payout after it romps home...haha!

Comment

• Callet Mad runs tomorrow at Market Rasen in the Summer Plate and I think he'll run a big race. He looks well handicapped off low 140's. 2pt win 9/1.

Amazing Red lost his position in the Northumberland Plate and ended up well beaten. That's the second time he's run poorly on tapeta so I'm ignoring that run. If he finds the form of his previous run then I think he'll take beating. 2pt win 9/1

1pt ew double

Comment

• Not much jumping out at me tomorrow, but jumping is the key word, so I can't help but have a go at the two feature races.

I like Hassle for Dr Richard Newland in the 2.05 at 8/1 and despite being a fan of Calett Mad, I've taken a chance on Shantou Village bouncing back to form at 10/1.

I do also like the chance of Almoghared in the 2.25 at Newbury but will probably just be a watching race as it wouldn't surprise me if Mullins took that prize home with him with Stratum.

The Irish Oaks card at the Curragh is interesting but I'm really struggling to see a bet in any race at all. Possibly Sea of Class as she's the only horse that might be a superstar in the line up? Not sure though.

I'd love to see Emotionless win the 1.50 at Newbury. I fell in love with him in 2015 and obviously that didn't work out very well. He's a pretty poor price on the face of it but I might a way to get him into a multiple tomorrow with some fresh eyes.

I do like Projection but am not keen to take on Equilatral...
                Last edited by Kevloaf; 20 July 2018, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• A friend of mine has connections in the Haggas yards and the vibes are very good for Sea of Class

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                    A friend of mine has connections in the Haggas yards and the vibes are very good for Sea of Class
                    She's plenty short at 9/4 against the Oaks winner but is probably going to end up being my token selection.
                    Thanks though Ryan

Comment

• I’m all over Hassle too Kev

Massive massive price

Comment

• Hassle , Sea of class , Fair Mountain amongst horses i've backed today. good Luck everyone , Especially me , co'z I'll need it.

Comment

• One main bet today on More Bucks, MR 3.15, saver on Sumkindofking, and looking at the Mullins/Bloom Stratum, Nb 2.25

Comment

• Cheers Kev, only had a pt on but a winners a winner

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                              One main bet today on More Bucks, MR 3.15, saver on Sumkindofking, and looking at the Mullins/Bloom Stratum, Nb 2.25
                              Well done MMG

Comment

• Yeah < Well done Mr MacGoldrick. !!, won well and without the jockey using the Reins !

Comment

Working...
                                X