Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't help myself - Withhold to win the Melbourne Cup 22/1 with Ladbrokes (boosted), topped up at 20/1. Roger Charlton gave a good interview to Racing UK after today's race where he said the Northumberland Plate was the plan after Newmarket last season. If he gets a rating of 110 he should sneak in off almost bottom weight and it doesn't look like he'll run again before Melbourne.

1.5pt win 22/1
    3.5pt ew 20/1

Comment

• Probably takes the pressure off Willie to get Penhill there. 9/1 for the Stayers looking more attractive now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        I can't help myself - Withhold to win the Melbourne Cup 22/1 with Ladbrokes (boosted), topped up at 20/1. Roger Charlton gave a good interview to Racing UK after today's race where he said the Northumberland Plate was the plan after Newmarket last season. If he gets a rating of 110 he should sneak in off almost bottom weight and it doesn't look like he'll run again before Melbourne.

1.5pt win 22/1
        3.5pt ew 20/1
        Originally posted by archie View Post
        Probably takes the pressure off Willie to get Penhill there. 9/1 for the Stayers looking more attractive now.
        Big fan of both these posts.

I feel like they're being purposfully negative about his chances and the strength of the race and how it was ran to deflect attention.

The Melbourne Cup has been THE plan for over a year and he's going off nowhere near 22/1

Comment

• I like the sound of This , going to Have a A/p bet myself .

Comment

• Melbourne Cup dream a step closer for Charlton and Bloom after Withhold romp
            BY JONATHAN HARDING 1:31PM 1 JUL 2018
            Trainer Roger Charlton and owner Tony Bloom have long had a Melbourne Cup dream - and that dream came a step closer to reality with Withhold's Northumberland Plate victory on Saturday.

After last year's Cesarewitch winner comfortably landed a gamble in the Stobart-backed Newcastle feature a trip to Australia in November quickly emerged as the ambition and Charlton, speaking on Sunday, is full of enthusiasm for the project.

He said: "The plan has been Melbourne for quite a long time, as Mr Bloom longs to win the Melbourne Cup and so do I. It's a huge prize compared to the Cup races here and I hope he's going to improve. It's most people's dream to win the race."

The trainer added: "He's now qualified to go to Melbourne, having won two heritage handicaps, so it's just a question of getting him there on the right weight - he'd probably need to be rated 110, 111 or maybe even 112.

"Normally the handicapper whacks you up and we all complain, but in this case we'll probably need to run again to get him up.

"I don't think it'll be Goodwood. I think York would make sense, but he might only run once more in Britain and have one race in Australia."

Withhold, who has won has four times in 11 career starts, moved to Beckhampton from Charlie Hills in May 2017 when acquired by Brighton & Hove Albion chairman Bloom from Khalid Abdullah at Tattersalls Autumn Sale for 170,000 guineas.

Charlton, speaking to Racing UK, added: "I was probably lucky to get him when he was about to start his upward curve. He's a very big horse at nearly 17hh and is by Champs Elysees. I think it's recognised now his sire's progeny improve with age and stay very well."

Charlton last contested the Melbourne Cup with Quest For More in 2015, who finished four lengths behind winner Prince of Penzance, and he believes Withhold could be better suited to the challenge.

"Withhold's a more suitable horse, even though Quest For More was only beaten by a few lengths. He's younger and, at the moment, sounder.

"I think he goes on any ground and has a good cruising speed, which you need and more to win the Melbourne Cup."

Comment

• Also going to do Latrobe at 25-1 , last year's winning Trainer.

Comment

• It's another quality day of sport. Tennis, racing, football and the start of the TdF.

Just one bet so far. Pouvior Magique in the mile handicap at Sandown. He was the one I liked for the Hunt Cup before blowing out at Newcastle (reportedly lame afterwards) . 10/1 is bigger than I'd expected today so had a small play.

I might add Muthmir if he keeps drifting. He'll absolutely love the ground but the draw is a negative.

Good luck and come on England!

Comment

• todays L.31 - 1. Muthmir - 12-20 sandown.
                  - 2. Via Serendipity - 12-55 sandown.
                  - 3. Awesometank - 1-30 sandown.
                  - 4. Hawkbill - 2-10 sandown.
                  - 5. Sofias rock - 1-30 haydock.

Comment

• I'm chancing Muthmir again today (7/2). The quicker the ground, the better his chance.

Bless Him (11/2) is a favourite of mine and he gets his ground today. He ran well for a long way in the Hunt Cup and an improvement on that effort will put him right in the mix.

The July Cup look's like a tough race to crack. It wouldn't surprise me to see Dreamfield run a big race but I'm leaving the race alone.

Good luck all.

Comment

• Soon comes round does saturday. L.31 - 1. Lord glitters - 1-20 ascot.
                      2. Mubtasim - 1-40 nmkt.
                      3. Blue point - 2-15 nmkt.
                      4. Arbalet - 3-15 chester.
                      5. thundering blue - 3-40 york.
                      Good luck all.

Comment

• Anyone interested in Kew Gardens for the King George and Queen Elisabeth Stakes after its win in France tonight can still get 25s with Betbright, as shorts as 6s with PP, 10/1 general

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                          Anyone interested in Kew Gardens for the King George and Queen Elisabeth Stakes after its win in France tonight can still get 25s with Betbright, as shorts as 6s with PP, 10/1 general
                          They won't accept any bets on it for me... assume its a mistake on the website so would probably get voided anyway

Comment

• What a magnificent day today is.

Moto 3, 2 and GP
                            Wimbledon Final
                            World Cup Final
                            Racing (ever-present)

I've got too many bets on to mention but days like today are there to be savoured - Good luck all with whatever you are into and even more luck with your punting!

Comment

• Was a Bad day yesterday !!!!!, all my horses lost , England lost , only good thing was watching the mens doubles at wimbledon.
                              What a game that was . Oh well onwards and upwards.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                They won't accept any bets on it for me... assume its a mistake on the website so would probably get voided anyway
                                We'll see, I managed to get 40 on at 25s, was declined for another tenner. Hoping it will stand as not sure they should be able to void a bet just because they were too slow to change their original price (admittedly they held the price for far longer than they should have). Different from when I had Footpad at 10/1 for the Irish Arkle when Sportingbet had clearly mixed their odds up and was subsequently voided...haha! Anyway if I don't comment again you can assume the bet stood.

Comment

Working...
                                X