Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Could somebody explain to me how the hell Blow by Blow lost that race
    I was of the same mind HF. However, based on Justin O'Hanlon's twitter response to me, it was more a question of how could the winner not have won more easily:
    Well, it didn’t look good and it would have been a dereliction of duty not to point it out, it’s my opinion that every book available would have been thrown at them if the horse had been beaten. Any unbiased observer would come to the same conclusion.

Comment

• Becher Chase - saturday . Blaklion - 3-1, vieux lion rouge - 10-1 and viva steve at 16-1 backed .

Comment

• I'll get these in early.

Highland Lodge 14/1 ew in the Becher (ante post). Only 1lb higher than his 2nd last season and he really should have won that race. A previous winner of the race in 2015, the ground should be perfect and I think he'll be in the mix turning for home.

Finians Oscar 2/1. I think he'll show just how good he is tomorrow. Brain Power is a horse I've never really taken to and I can't have him as fav in this.

Mercian Prince in the Sefton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          I'll get these in early.

Highland Lodge 14/1 ew in the Becher (ante post). Only 1lb higher than his 2nd last season and he really should have won that race. A previous winner of the race in 2015, the ground should be perfect and I think he'll be in the mix turning for home.

Finians Oscar 2/1. I think he'll show just how good he is tomorrow. Brain Power is a horse I've never really taken to and I can't have him as fav in this.

Mercian Prince in the Sefton.
          I included vieux lion rouge because david pipe seems to be able to keep a horse tucked away and come up with the goods
          on the day ( re un temps pour tout ) . totally agree faugheen regards Brain power , just can't have him
          for the arkle and i'm well in on finians (thanks to Kevloaf ) L.O.L . finally
          Ecstatic to see On the Blind side won today , gone big on him too !.

Comment

• Does anyone give dear old Houblon Des Obeaux a squeak in the London national ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              Does anyone give dear old Houblon Des Obeaux a squeak in the London national ?
              It looks a competitive race Ista - he wouldn't be top of my list of trying to back the winner.

Just been reading Twitter and most courses are having inspections in the morning. Hopefully the weather doesn't cause havoc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                Does anyone give dear old Houblon Des Obeaux a squeak in the London national ?
                Also

Sir Valentine
                A hare breath

Need one more ?

Comment

• Mercian Prince?

Comment

• Seeing Invitation Only on the drift isn’t my favourite thing to wake up to this morning

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      Mercian Prince?
                      On that at 20s ... was feeling smug, until this morning my friend has sent me a 25/1 betslip for Gas Line Boy!

Comment

• Today had a double on

Le Breuil 12:55
                        Chooseyourweapoms 13:00

2.36/1 double

Ante post I've got

Fox Norton 7/1 Tingle Creek

Mercian Prince 20/1 Sefton

Will have small bets on a the TV races.... and I might have Blaklion, Gas Line boy in a yankee if I get excited.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing Acapella Bourgeois over 2m 4f today - this could be his distance. Too short to back though

More value from the following:
                          North Hill Harvey 1.45 Sandown (jumped really well at Cheltenham and that could make the difference here)
                          William H Bonney 2.20 Sandown (going well fto at Cheltenham until tiring, now dropped two pounds)
                          Invitation Only 2.30 Naas
                          Alpha Des Obeaux 2.35 Aintree (has been running much better this season and should outclass these - 10/3 is an unbelievable price)

Comment

• Added William H Bonney at Sandown.

A couple of very nice ante post slips there Kev

Comment

• Darts thrown everywhere today, way too many to list, a selection:

2.05 Hillcrest Fire 5/1 ew
                              2.35 Definitely Red win 15/8
                              2.55 Charbel without FN 5/1 ew
                              3.10 Gas Line Boy 100/30 ew
                              3.30 Houblon Des Obeaux 9/1 ew

Good luck all

Comment

• In Altior's Supreme...

Holly Bush Henry 11th
                                William H Boney 10th
                                North Hill Harvey 9th

First leg of that treble is in

The 4th (Tombstome) running today as well.

Oh and Charbel, the 5th!

Altior's form getting franked all over the place

Comment

Working...
                                X