Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American at 16/1 is my biggest ante post bet for a while in the Hennessy tomorrow, and I've also got Singlefarmpayment at 20/1.

I would have preferred a bit of rain this week for American but hopes are still high for a good performance.

Comment

• Have to say this looks the weakest Hennessy I can remember, very little depth.
      I'd love Coneygree to run well but I don't expect him to be winning, Total Recall could be a star but needs to do it in races like this before he can be considered the real deal.
      My original thinking was for A Genie in a Bottle and I've seen nothing to make me change my mind, 10/1 paying 7 places looks an ew steal in a race I can only see 4 or 5 capable of getting into it....

Comment

• I don't get the love for total recall. Frank Hickey summed it up for me on the RP postcast. He likened Total Recall to an ugly lass who had been for a makeover. She may now look beautiful, but she's still ugly. That tickled me.

The offer of 7 places is ridiculous. I'm going to back a couple of others later in the morning. It is too good to refuse.

Comment

• I have American 16/1
          Singlefarmpayment 16/1
          ante post

And added Coneygree 14/1 7 places...

Off to Newbury tomorrow for the first time ever.... 3 hours and 3 changes later on the train!

Comment

• Enjoy it Kev - hope you get the chance to cheer American home

Comment

• Have a great day Kev. Main bet is SingleFarmPayment,main hope is A Genie In Abottle and the one who seems totally overpriced at 100/1 ew is BigBadJohn (decent course form and will enjoy the ground). Good luck everyone!

Comment

• I couldn't resist.....

Charli Parcs 9/2 and Gold Present 5/1 win bets and each way double.

Comment

• L.31 . newbury . 1. Cap soleil - 12-10
                  2. Sir ivan - 12-45
                  3. On tour - 1-20
                  4. High bridge - 2-25
                  5. AMERICAN - 3-00 .

Comment

• Well , that wasn't in the Script !!, wonder if the ground went against American . I thought Whisper ran a huge race .

Comment

• First of all, please let me vent. I was distinctly unimpressed by the Racing Post analysis of the 1.55 at Fairyhouse yesterday when the reporter as good as accused Kevin Sexton of not trying on the 66/1 winner - it was bizarre and 'forced' me to write a blog entry http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...f-kevin-sexton

On to more fun matters: My five for today at Fairyhouse are:

Makitorix - really interesting that Mullins would pitch him into such a tough race
                      Nichols Canyon - invariably runs well first time up
                      Yaha Fizz - thought he ran really well at Punchestown first time out and, if he gets lead, will take some catching
                      Rathvinden - one of Mullin's most underrated horses
                      Call the Taxie - this is much more his distance

Comment

• Well said BoF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                          First of all, please let me vent. I was distinctly unimpressed by the Racing Post analysis of the 1.55 at Fairyhouse yesterday when the reporter as good as accused Kevin Sexton of not trying on the 66/1 winner - it was bizarre and 'forced' me to write a blog entry http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...f-kevin-sexton

On to more fun matters: My five for today at Fairyhouse are:

Makitorix - really interesting that Mullins would pitch him into such a tough race
                          Nichols Canyon - invariably runs well first time up
                          Yaha Fizz - thought he ran really well at Punchestown first time out and, if he gets lead, will take some catching
                          Rathvinden - one of Mullin's most underrated horses
                          Call the Taxie - this is much more his distance
                          I'm a bit confused, the horse won, so who cares how it is ridden. Some of the best hold up jockeys on the flat circuit just manage to get their mounts up on the line without issue, and other times they completely fail. That's racing and you have to accept a ride for how it is instructed and then carried out. There are many 'bad' rides in racing, but rarely does someone come out and say they've seen a bad winning one!

I'll be honest, I don't even know the journalist you are talking about anyway so he is massively insignificant, I don't like the RP either so thats probably why I don't know him!

Comment

• Red Jack @ 8/1 looks far too big to me. I can't let him run unbacked at that price. For me, he is the best of JPs in this race. Mengli Khan the one to beat though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              Red Jack @ 8/1 looks far too big to me. I can't let him run unbacked at that price. For me, he is the best of JPs in this race. Mengli Khan the one to beat though.
                              Amazing day of racing.... hovering over oddschecker today!

Comment

• Could somebody explain to me how the hell Blow by Blow lost that race

Comment

Working...
                                X