Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assuming she runs, the Skelton horse, Momella, looks a very nice proposition, form franked a few times now, runs in the Ballymore on Friday, 9/2 currently, have had a small go on her.

Comment

• This might be wishful thinking on my behalf, but you'd imagine Jenkins must be in good order for NJH to leave both DB and Charli Parcs out of the Greatwood this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        This might be wishful thinking on my behalf, but you'd imagine Jenkins must be in good order for NJH to leave both DB and Charli Parcs out of the Greatwood this weekend.
        I am in shock at the price.

Didn't take the punt at 20s when I saw, and had it in a betslip at 14s and didn't do anything about it... didn't anticipate 6/1! 5s in places....

He has to be dotting up, but I won't be on

Comment

• I got 16/1 but can't believe how short he is now. Hopefully it's due to him burning up the gallops

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            This might be wishful thinking on my behalf, but you'd imagine Jenkins must be in good order for NJH to leave both DB and Charli Parcs out of the Greatwood this weekend.
            Not to mention Call Me Lord who, although still entered, is running tomorrow and unlikely to show up. It all depends on how he has matured over the summer; he needed to strengthen up and jump better not only to be competitive in this type of race but also to truly see out the 2 miles. He runs well fresh and, while there have to be doubts about the undulating course and uphill finish, he has the right profile for this race. DDS will have to be CH standard to win this as a 4 year-old off his mark and he probably holds the other four year olds; many of the others are pretty exposed. I was impressed with Silver Streak at Chepstow and while he will benefit from having a good 5lb claimer, he still really needs The New One to come out to have a real chance (and that doesn't sound likely)

Comment

• Hendo hasn't ever won the Greatwood.... odd stat!

Comment

• Added Diable de Sivola in the handicap hurdle on Saturday at 11/1 ew. He ran race a great race in the Fred Winter having suffered trouble in running, before running on to finish 5th.

Nick Williams gave him a run at Fontwell in early October and Lizzie Kelly never put him in the race, once again he ran on after the last to finish second.

The step up in trip will help, and with race fitness assured, I think he's a decent bet for Saturday.

Comment

• If anyone has anything on their shortlist or in the tracker that is running at Uttoxeter on Saturday then don't hesitate to come forward ..... localish track and a friend invited me off guard and I said yes without remembering what else was happening

Comment

• RP on Potts' horses this weekend..... https://www.racingpost.com/news/nove...s-death/308709

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      If anyone has anything on their shortlist or in the tracker that is running at Uttoxeter on Saturday then don't hesitate to come forward ..... localish track and a friend invited me off guard and I said yes without remembering what else was happening
                      Nothing for Uttoxeter unfortunately Kev, but I'm off to Lingfield, of all places, yes, flat racing, now the jump season has started, whose bright idea was that....

Comment

• Off to Ascot Saturday - hopefully Defi makes an appearance

Comment

• Haydock for me this weekend. Might need a snorkel at this rate.

Comment

• Darius Des Bois @ 21.00
                            Creep Desbois @ 10.00
                            Josses Hill @ 13.00
                            Dandridge @ 11.00
                            Loud As Lions @ 26.00
                            Emperor's Choice @ 5.00
                            Ibsen @ 34.00
                            Chase The Spud @ 9.00
                            Goliath, 247 bets

Comment

• Today darts:

Hay
                              1.50 Limited Reserve ew
                              2.25 The Worlds End ew
                              3.00 Cue Card
                              3.35 Robinsfirth ew

Asc
                              2.05 Top Notch
                              2.40 Defi
                              3.15 Sam Benedito

Good luck all

Comment

• For anyone interested in the Troytown, these are some personal thoughts:

Acapella Bourgeois
                                Well suited by the course and could be high class on heavy ground. Paid the price for taking on Might Bite at Cheltenham and had probably had enough for the season at Punchestown. Mullins is likely to have eked out more improvement since transferring from Sandra Hughes but with him likely to be taken on for the lead, and at the skinny price , there may be better value elsewhere. That being said, he could have this won two out.

Roi Des Francs
                                On balance, he was disappointing last year and does not appear particularly well handicapped. Ground and distance ok but still an outsider.

Mala Beach
                                Ran a nice race at Galway but am not convinced he will relish the slog around here; seems better suited to smaller field races and, even then, probably doesn’t win as many as he should do.

Potters Point
                                Ran well in the Kerry National and it probably came too soon (and was too short) at Tipperary. 9lbs rise for Listowel tough enough but trip and ground will suit. Each way chance.

Wounded Warrior
                                Seems completely out of form - cannot be fancied.

General Principle
                                Could be well handicapped. Nice pipe-opener at Clonmel and ran well for a long way in the Irish Grand National. The heavy ground is perfect as is the trip. A leading chance.

Arkwrisht
                                Interesting contender. Unlucky in the Kerry National and was going as well as anything until stamina ran out in the Cork National; that after, again, making a lot of mistakes. The track, going and distance are fine and if he jumps well could well surprise a few people. A little disconcerting that J J Slevin appears to have chosen Tesseract.

Bonny Kate
                                Third in this race last season but three pounds higher. Everyone mentions how well she runs fresh but, while she has performed well enough first time out, the form book would suggest she’s better with a run. Happy to look elsewhere.

Last Goodbye
                                Interesting that Mark Walsh is riding this in preference to Tesseract (he can’t do the weight on Whatareyoudoingtome). However, totally unproven over this distance and given it will be a true test of stamina he is readily opposed. (As an aside, stable say his last couple of runs suggest he needs further. However, there is nothing in his pedigree to suggest he will be better for further)

Rogue Angel
                                Seems to have lost his form –little apparent chance

Hurricane Darwin
                                Fancied by the stable but has gone up in the weights despite not having beaten a great deal Not certain to be suited by the heavy ground, so easily opposed.

Space Cadet
                                His runs over three miles do nothing to convince he will have the stamina required for this.

Don’t Tell No One
                                Another one who has to prove he can stay the trip – happy to look elsewhere.

Tesseract
                                Closely rated with Don’t Tell No One but yet another one with significant stamina doubts as well as, in his case, doubts about the heavy ground.

The Winkler
                                Does his best work at the end but this may be two furlongs too far and the ground too heavy. Likely to struggle to lay up.

He Rock’s
                                No stamina or ground doubts about this one but the balance of his form is probably not good enough. Was struggling of a 13 pound lower mark in this race two years when hampered and pulled up. All that being said, for some strange reason I have a feeling he may run into a place at a big price.

As De Pique
                                Not running too badly when falling at Cheltenham last week. However, that was before the ground softened and he has very little form on ground this heavy. Little chance.

Icantsay
                                Ideally suited by trip and going. Seems to be in good form based on his win here a couple of weeks ago; albeit it was a farce of a race and the other jockeys gave him far too big of a start. Johnny Burke is riding with much more confidence and is a good substitute for the suspended Danny Mullins. Best chance of the lower weighted horses.

Don Vicenzo
                                Closely matched with Tesseract and Don’t Tell No One. Another with stamina doubts and a lot to prove.

Whatareyoudoingtome
                                Stamina is not a problem but ground may well be. Trainers in good form and not without a chance but there are others with stronger claims

Paper Lantern
                                Long way behind Poorman’s Hill on his comeback run and stamina doubts – an unlikely winner.

Poormans Hill
                                Has done very well to win four races this season but it looks like the handicapper has caught up with him; never mind the fact he’s five pounds wrong at the weights.

This is narrowed down to Acapella Bourgeois, General Principle, Arkwrisht, Icantsay and,for no logical reason, He Rock's with slight preference for General Principle
                                Last edited by Bayoffreedom; 26 November 2017, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X