Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itching to have a bet on those Limerick Jumpers but hard to know who is most ready

Had a small ew double on Shannon Fields and Papal Pearl.

Comment

• Northumberland Plate tomorrow and I’m chancing RAJINSKY 14/1 6 places. I liked the way he shaped last time out over a trip on the short side and think it’s worth having a go at this trip. He has some class form as a 2 year old winning at Sandown having WALKINTHESAND (108) ALRAJAA (109) and FOREST OF DEAN (109) all in behind. He had a year off the track and was gelded before winning over 10f at Windsor on heavy. He then was slightly disappointing at Newcastle next time but then won again on the Tapeta at Wolverhampton stepped up to 14f with a career best. He’s never been 16f but by looking at how he finished over 14f and taking a while to pull up after it’s possible he could even improve for the trip.
      Australis and Caravan of hope are others with similar profiles to Rajinsky both unexposed and unproven at the trip but both look like getting it ok. I give them both a fair chance but at the prices Rajinsky was the value for me.
      I liked the performance of Smart Champion at Ascot but he’s had a hard race there and it won’t be easy coming here just 11 days later off 2 pound higher.
      The one that I can see run a solid race is Carnwennan. He took the consolation race last year that has worked out well. Coeur de lion in behind. He was 2nd at the track in February just getting touched off by Smart Champion late but will be 5 pound better off tomorrow and comes here fresh. It’s possible he could bump into an unexposed type like the ones I mentioned above but I’m sure he will run his race and it’s very hard to see him out of the first 4 never mind 6. I’m going to add him e/w as well because he looks an e/w bet to nothing.
      All the others I don’t see good enough, badly drawn or too high in the weights. All feedback welcome.

Comment

• I’ve backed Return Ticket in the 2.05 at Perth. 12/1ew with 8 runners is a fantastic price for a horse I fancy quite strongly.

The form of his Novice Chases at Catterick and Kempton are eye-catching, where both times he was beaten by two horses I really like. He’s since switched yards from Ruth Jefferson to Becky Menzies, and his seasonal debut last week looked like a tune up for this. Good to soft at a flat track over two miles is precisely what he wants.

It’s rare to see one of my tracker horses out so early, and my comments were flat track, goor or good to soft, 2 miles only. Mark workable up to 140-142. He’s currently rated 132 so I’ve had a fairly good dip at him today at 12/1.

If today doesn’t turn out to be the day, under the right conditions he’ll compensate at a bigger price somewhere else in the next few weeks.
        Last edited by Spectre; 30 August 2020, 08:24 AM.
        Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Couldn’t quite get up on the line. Take out one of his scruffy jumps and he’d have won. Still the place was quite nice.
          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
            Couldn’t quite get up on the line. Take out one of his scruffy jumps and he’d have won. Still the place was quite nice.
            Excellent write up and nice result Spectre.

Comment

Working...
            X