Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No bets for me this weekend. Saving my money for Royal Ascot now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      No bets for me this weekend. Saving my money for Royal Ascot now.
      Building the Ascot bankroll

I am not confident with any selections today really, and have too much on considering I won't be watching.... oh well, not like I have a wedding to pay for - I am actually going to see about having laser eye surgery today ... new eyes in time for the wedding (August 12th) ... hopefully Boom the Groom is running that day.

Comment

• Haha. I remember backing a horse named after my wife on our wedding day - it finished 2nd. Got a text from one​ of the lads when on my honeymoon and it had just won at 16/1. Typical.

Comment

• Aagh, The weekend's here already , Didn't look really closely ,. but L-31.
          1.herald the dawn -2-35 curragh
          2.meteor light -3-05 york
          3.true blue moon -4-40 curragh
          4.henley -4-50 york
          5.waldgeist - 5-20 curragh
          any one else playing ?

Comment

• I've just had a few goes at the Northumberland plate:

Sir Chauvelin 25/1, Seamour 6/1 and Natural Scenery 9/1 (all each way).

Good luck all.

Comment

• I've had Natural Scenery, Jaameh both 6 places in the plate

Also had midweek bets on Home of the Brave 13/2 and Waldgiest 4/1

3 other multiples, expecting Grand Koontra, London Prize, Haddaf all to win.

Everything rolling on to Roger

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                Aagh, The weekend's here already , Didn't look really closely ,. but L-31.
                1.herald the dawn -2-35 curragh
                2.meteor light -3-05 york
                3.true blue moon -4-40 curragh
                4.henley -4-50 york
                5.waldgeist - 5-20 curragh
                any one else playing ?
                Ha Ha Ha ' really didn't look !!!, not one horse placed !!!, must try harder !!!!!! , L.O.L

Comment

• Sandown today . L.15 .. 1. Tis marvellous - 1-50
                  2. Greeenside - 2-25
                  3. Queen of time - 3-00
                  4. Ulysses - 3-35

Comment

• I'm still undecided between Decorated Knight each way or Barney Roy. On what Cliffs of Moher has done so far, he is the wrong favourite...but you do have to respect the inevitable AOB improvement factor for his horses run-to-run so I also wouldn't be shocked.

I'll probably back Barney Roy at 3/1 as I think his form is the best that we've seen and has the potential still to improve for the trip, albeit he is probably only trying it to make it easier to avoid Ribchester at Goodwood.

I can also see me getting tempted by Salouen each way at 66s / 50s because that is surely too big with excuses the last twice?

Everyone probably knows, and certainly if you listen to the RP Podcast, Kingscote is the man to follow at Haydock and he looks to have some really good chances today at each way prices.... Mister Maduro, Soldier in Action and of course Abingdon today which might be a cut above the others.

Haven't really got any strong fancies today, but Skybet paying 5 places in the 11 runner 13:50 makes it really hard not to back a few each way! Muthmir was 4th behind Lady Aurelia, Profitable and Marsha, with Alpha Delphini, Goldream, and a couple of others in behind, so I'll be amazed if he can't get in the top 5 in a weaker race!

Almoreb looks a solid each way bet against the fav in the 13:20 and you can see why Greenside is fav is the 14:25. Frontispiece in the last at Sandown looks a solid favourite to me.

Tentative Trixie Abingdon,Barney Roy,Frontispiece

Comment

• I backed Barney Roy earlier in the week at 4/1. I think he should be favourite.

Today I've just done an ew Canadian.
                      Barney Roy 11/4
                      Mister Manduro 6/1
                      Hors De Combat 18/1
                      Big Country 15/2
                      Tis Marvellous 13/2

Good luck all.

Comment

• Hors De Combat got a very strange ride by Peslier yesterday. He was still traveling nicely when GM Hopkins (and others) went past him, before picking up nicely when asked to.

He has a big handicap in him this season and I'm hoping he lines up at Goodwood later this month.

Comment

• Lucky 15 today ..... 1. - Barsanti - 2-30 york
                          2. - Mutakayyef - 3-50 ascot
                          3. - Gustav klimt - 4-00 nmkt
                          4. - Caravaggio - 4-35 nmkt

Comment

• I have 4 pts on roly poly rolling on to

Mutakayyef Marsha Enable

Going to take an upset so let's hope I stay lucky

Comment

• Puke everywhere. After a good Thursday and great Friday, today has been an absolute horror show. Need to completely take a break from the flat. Dreadful. Roll on October.

Comment

• Marsha let me down too, but Chester and Newmarket was kind to me apart from my favourite beast Caravaggio :,(

Caravaggio has seemed a bit slow to hit top gear. Wonder if it goes 1m next year?

Comment

Working...
                                X