Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
    CORNERSTONE LAD at 5.7 to place with a smaller stake on him to win @30.0.

Has to have a great chance of getting 2nd here and if Buveur Dair doesnt deliver then he will probably win.

I'd have given you more credit if you'd told us he'd pinch it from the front though

Comment

• A useless horse who liked the ground beating a past his best horse beating some horses who didnt like the ground and a mare.

The form is pish but it paid well

Comment

• Well done ET, you must have enjoyed that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
          CORNERSTONE LAD at 5.7 to place with a smaller stake on him to win @30.0.

Has to have a great chance of getting 2nd here and if Buveur Dair doesnt deliver then he will probably win.
          Super tip.

Can't imagine anybody has lost much at 1/4 Buveur but I didn't even both er to look for an angle in the race

Comment

• Hammersmith
            Abacadabras
            Burrows Saint
            Fine Theatre
            David’s Charm
            la soreilita

Comment

• Had a few quid on Apple's Jade today. Anything like a return to form and she'll win this.

Comment

• 12 30 CERBERUS win 2.92

Should have the beating of the favourite getting 4lb and with the assistance of Robbie Power.

1:30 SAMCRO win 2.98

Bred to be a chaser and should come good here. This horse just beat Elegant Escape in an Irish point to point. That formline is golden (ee 2020 gc winner). The Mullins Irish National winner is the main danger but Samcro will leave him behind when they quicken.

Comment

• 1:00 place back MIDNIGHT RUN at 1.9

The odds look very fair on MIDNIGHT RUN placing, he may well win the race and it should be between him and Envoi Allen. Cant be confident he will beat the fav but should give him a race may do him and most certainly should be in the top 3. Great odds I think.

Comment

• Backed PENHILL at 12.0 to win, 4.8 to place and 2.48 to be top 3.

Willie is good at bringing horses back from injury and I would expect him to run with credit. If Willies magic has him back at his best then he will hack up. Make a profit if top 3 as thats where the majority of my stake is but big bonus if he can get 2nd or even win.
                    Race looks wide open and there for the taking.

Comment

• Who wins novice g1 this weekend? Torpillo or Nube Negra??

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                        Who wins novice g1 this weekend? Torpillo or Nube Negra??
                        Like the look of Grand Sancy myself

Comment

• Walk in The Mill 9-1 in the becher looks to have a reasonable chance tomorrow. Think the price is about right, although his course form entitles him to be a bit shorter. 2pts win. If he goes 10-1 or bigger I'll go another 2pts.

Defi de seuil is a worthy favourite tommorrow but the price is not really right. I'll be hoping a drift to 2-1 or better then I'll have a pop.
                          He can't afford too many slow or iffy jumps, but should not get outpaced by any of these.
                          So if he jumps well enough I can see am impressive win for him. But he should be going over longer trips I reckon.

Federici 27-1 2pts ew 4 places WH
                          In the sefton.
                          A horse that likes it round here, and often races over further, gets to just before the elbow looking fine, then walks home.
                          This might be more suitable, although the trainer is not may favourite the yard is on reasonable form.
                          Bit of a punt though this one.

Tout est permis 10-1 2pts WH
                          Missed the early price of 14's, but this horse has a very low hurdle mark in comparison to his chase mark.
                          These types can often be misleading, but you've got an edge before you start, I think Hills priced due to the out of the handicap thing, but have since got filled in. Waiting on other markets to open up and will back again if priced similar.
                          May well be looking at a long term hurdle handicap option with this horse, as not many options with it off it's chase mark.
                          Obviously they may also just be running it for the laugh, and have a national or two in mind.

Comment

• Had another 4pts 11/2 tout est permis, given PP opening 13/8, not expecting any bigger elsewhere, unless they're half asleep
                            Could be one that drifts tomorrow to be fair.
                            But could also go off even shorter I suppose.

Comment

• Black Corton looks a good thing to beat 3 horses from a bygone era. Black Corton has form with The Legend and will love the small field. He is basically a 8yo horse in the form of his life and has been found a veterans chase masquerading as a grade 2 to win. Hard to see why Black Corton isnt at least 1/5 fav here and the 7/2 is a great price.
                              Last edited by ELEGANTLY TASTED; 6 December 2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                Had another 4pts 11/2 tout est permis, given PP opening 13/8, not expecting any bigger elsewhere, unless they're half asleep
                                Could be one that drifts tomorrow to be fair.
                                But could also go off even shorter I suppose.
                                QQQ uicker off the mark than me
                                I’m on at 7/2 , it’s been smashed into
                                All it needs to do now is win !

Comment

Working...
                                X