Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fancy for any day will do really!

Comment

• Originally posted by realdanbreen View Post
      A fancy for any day will do really!
      Legal History 4.45 at Kempton today

Comment

• Diese De Bieffes each way at 6/1 in the Lanzarote on Saturday. Superb bet.

Comment

• You could be right Tenty It is a big field but Henderson is in form.

Comment

• I really like River Frost for the ones at the top of the market tomorrow in the Lanzarote. 6/1 at the moment, will see what price when the boosted places come out.

A close 5th behind Court Minstrel in October ... that race had Sam Spinner (2nd), Wholestone (4th), Louis Vac Pouch (6th), Old Guard (7th), Bags Groove (8th) who have all ran well since, now one of them is head of the stayers market. Bags Groove reopposes but has won 2 since so gone up in the weights and was behind him anyway....

Won twice at Kempton before including over the distance... really think it is a strong selection at the top of the market. I think they've laid him out for the race as he hasn't run for 3 months but there hasn't been an issue.

Slight doubt about Diese De Bieffes staying the trip tenty or you confident? Mitch Bastyn a huge plus though for me too...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              I really like River Frost for the ones at the top of the market tomorrow in the Lanzarote. 6/1 at the moment, will see what price when the boosted places come out.

A close 5th behind Court Minstrel in October ... that race had Sam Spinner (2nd), Wholestone (4th), Louis Vac Pouch (6th), Old Guard (7th), Bags Groove (8th) who have all ran well since, now one of them is head of the stayers market. Bags Groove reopposes but has won 2 since so gone up in the weights and was behind him anyway....

Won twice at Kempton before including over the distance... really think it is a strong selection at the top of the market. I think they've laid him out for the race as he hasn't run for 3 months but there hasn't been an issue.

Slight doubt about Diese De Bieffes staying the trip tenty or you confident? Mitch Bastyn a huge plus though for me too...
              Yes he'll definitely stay, I'm sure he'll improve for the trip.

River Frost a good shout as well though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenty View Post
                Yes he'll definitely stay, I'm sure he'll improve for the trip.

River Frost a good shout as well though.
                I might end up on both

Just listening to the RP podcast and PK tips Diese des Bieffes strongly and Frank Hickey River Frost...

I'll add Diese Des Bieffes I think

None of them keen on Mengli Khan or Getabird really
                Last edited by Kevloaf; 12 January 2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  I might end up on both

Just listening to the RP podcast and PK tips Diese des Bieffes strongly and Frank Hickey River Frost...

I'll add Diese Des Bieffes I think

None of them keen on Mengli Khan or Getabird really
                  Rewatch If The Cap Fits recent Kempton win Kev, Diese was outpaced badly on the bend into the final few furlongs and dropped right out but came home strongly to finish 2nd & arguably best of all at the line, he looked like a step up in trip was exactly what he needed, here's hoping he bolts up tomorrow and franks ITCF's form anyway

Comment

• I am still working on Saturday's bets but am very excited about Mallowney in the Dan Moore at Fairyhouse on Sunday. Obviously, it's a risk with him having just had the one run (a nice pipe-opener over hurdles) after a very long lay off. However, he won this race off a 3lb higher mark three years ago with 'his head in his chest' and with Kilgarry Bridge* likely to set a strong pace on heavy ground, Mallowney will have his ideal conditions. 14/1 (Hills) is well worth the risk of finding out how much ability he has retained.

*As an aside, Mallowney beat Kilgarry Bridge in this race in 2015 by 22 lengths and meets him on 7 pounds better terms.
                    Last edited by Bayoffreedom; 12 January 2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                      I am still working on Saturday's bets but am very excited about Mallowney in the Dan Moore at Fairyhouse on Sunday. Obviously, it's a risk with him having just had the one run (a nice pipe-opener over hurdles) after a very long lay off. However, he won this race off a 3lb higher mark three years ago with 'his head in his chest' and with Kilgarry Bridge* likely to set a strong pace on heavy ground, Mallowney will have his ideal conditions. 14/1 (Hills) is well worth the risk of finding out how much ability he has retained.

*As an aside, Mallowney beat Kilgarry Bridge in this race in 2015 by 22 lengths and meets him on 7 pounds better terms.
                      Yes I like this shout. I was looking through the market and there was nothing I really fancied bar him.

Comment

• Some interesting races on Saturday:

Wishfull Dreaming is too tempting at 16/1 in the Lanzarote. Could be another Hunter's Call for Olly Murphy; well handicapped,ground to suit and runs well fresh.
                        I can see Smad Place running a big race and over in Ireland, and while not a betting proposition for me, I am hoping to see Mengli Khan but up a classy performance giving weight all around;he will need to be a good horse to win on what will likely be heavy ground after the forecast rain. The forecast rain also makes Mossback interesting in the novice chase; he beat some decent horses at Naas and, while he was under pressure some way out, he stayed on well and will relish the ground at Punchestown
                        Finally, back at Warwick in the Classic, Indian King looks well handicapped, will welcome the improving ground and, if he takes to the first time visor, could run a really big race.
                        That's enough bad advice for one day- just shows what happens when my wife goes away and I can indulge in guilt-free form study!
                        Last edited by Bayoffreedom; 13 January 2018, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• DDB 11/2 and River Frost 6/1 are my only bets today.

Good luck.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing if there is anything about Kesselring, also running against a brother of Champagne Fever.

Comment

• River Frost looked beaten at hurdle 1! That'll end up being my cliff horse in the next about 7 handicaps

Comment

• It's Typical is'nt it . did'nt post my saturday bets coz theyv'e been rubbish lately.
                                so today i did a L.31 - 3 wins and 2 seconds ! .

Comment

Working...
                                X