Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    I’m at Sandown today and I’m on these (some places over the last week or two):

1:50:
    - Muthmir @ 7/1 E/W
    - Kurious @ 12/1 E/W
    - Sergei Prokofiev @ 4/1

2:25:
    - Lush Life @ 12/1 E/W
    - Mojito @ 9/1 E/W

3:00:
    - Muchly @ 11/2 E/W
    - Hidden Message @ 6/1 E/W

3:35:
    - Enable @ 3.15 (exchange)

4:10:
    - Magical Wish @ 10/3

4:45:
    - Falcon Eight @ 15/8 (NAP)

5:20:
    - Sashenka @ 12/1 E/W
    Only just seen this, well done MoM!

Being at the track for it makes it all the more special!

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      Enable was excellent today, looked as good as ever. Be tough in the arc though conceding weight to the three yr olds. I'll be trying to get her beat again I reckon.

Don't half get on my wick though, these after race interviews with Gosden and other top trainers, 85% fit etc etc.

Apart from it being practically impossible to know, it's not ideal for a sport so heavily reliant on betting.
      Had she lost and he said the same (might not have done) then punters would've been entitled to be a bit miffed.
      Yeah I agree with that, just an unquantifiable number (funny how they're always rounded to the nearest 5% too?) that doesn't help at all. You can't take a strong opinion against it either, unless it's ridiculously over-egged in the betting next time... but impossible to know that until after the event too.

To be fair, you can probably apply the same to plenty of other things we take as a given in racing, but that one does annoy me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        You rate this years crop of 3yo Quevega ?
        Race conditions obviously favour 3yo, especially fillies, not sure I've seen anything capable of getting near Enable though, even getting 4lb/7lb.
        Always a chance something improves with maturity I guess...
        Only Japan that I've seen - at the price Enable is now, you'd have to take her on... but come the day odds against might be fair.

I hope she can do what Treve didn't do... but by the time the Arc comes around I'll be more excited about seeing rain...

Be ironic(ish) for the first JAPANese winner of the Arc to not be trained in Japan.

Comment

• In the 12 races comprising Thursday and Friday Newmarket placepots, only one favourite made the frame. Must be some kind of record for a feature meeting where you'd assume the form would work out.

Comment

• Brando is the forgotten horse in the July Cup. He adores the course and has run really well in this race before. His 2nd last year would be good enough form to go very close again. He likes to come off a strong pace so the race could be set up for him.Lovely EW price.

Comment

• Main bet for Saturday - L.31 .
              -1.- Copper knight - 2-05 york.-1st.
              2.- Sea the lion - 2-40 york.-u/p.
              3.- Beauty filly - 3-10 chester.-1st.
              4.- Beat the bank - 4-00 ascot.-1st. ....R.I.P.
              5.- Dream of dreams - 4-40 nmkt.-u/p.
              Good luck all.
              Last edited by BigChaang; 13 July 2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• 1:45 Ascot - Koditime 18/1
                3:30 Newm - Spanish City 15/2
                4:40 Newm - Pretty Pollyanna 16/1
                3:15 York - Rise Hall 5/2
                3:50 York - What's The Story 20/1

In doubles and upwards plus a decent ante post single on Spanish City at 12/1.

Comment

• ZAP 35-1 ladbrokes last night, but 20-1 still value ew four places IMO.

Not often I am strong on a horse in a race like this but have gone 4pts ew.

Trainer won 3 of last 8 renewals, and this is his only runner.
                  Drawn high which looks good historically, and pace horse also drawn high. usually held up.
                  Runs off 91 and last two wins both off 94 and 95, and both on good to firm over 7f.
                  Only run over course and distance was a win.
                  Bottom weight.
                  granted luck in running I'd imagine a place at least.
                  fingers crossed anyway.
                  had saver on solar gold at 9-1 before rule 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                    Brando is the forgotten horse in the July Cup. He adores the course and has run really well in this race before. His 2nd last year would be good enough form to go very close again. He likes to come off a strong pace so the race could be set up for him.Lovely EW price.
                    14/1 first 4 with Sky Bet is outrageous. I'm going in again !!

Comment

• Saturday

2.10 MR - Chef De Troupe 9/1
                      3.20 MR - Casablanca Mix 11/1
                      1.50 NWB - First Nation 5/1
                      3.00 NWB - Khaadem 7/1
                      2.40 NWM - Sparkle Roll 9/4

Comment

• Main bet for Saturday - L.31. .
                        1.- St Gallen - 2-10 m.rasen. u/p.
                        2.- Snazzy jazzy - 3-00 newbury. u/p.
                        3.- Gortroe joe - 3-20 m.rasen. u/p.
                        4.- Hey gaman - 4-35 curragh. 2nd.
                        5.- Star catcher - 5-10 curragh. 1st.
                        good Luck everyone....
                        Last edited by BigChaang; 21 July 2019, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• Quiet weekend for me, just a few bets

Yankee:
                          Fox Chairman
                          Sparkle Roll,
                          Calippo,
                          Pistoletto

EW Trixie(s)
                          Intisaab
                          Projection
                          Proschema / Carnwennan

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Quiet weekend for me, just a few bets

Yankee:
                            Fox Chairman
                            Sparkle Roll,
                            Calippo,
                            Pistoletto

EW Trixie(s)
                            Intisaab
                            Projection
                            Proschema / Carnwennan
                            what's the thought process with such a short price yankee ?
                            I suppose one double up and roughly half your money back ?

But same stake (split into five bets) just four trebles and one acca would be around 50% better return if all won. and slightly better with just one treble up i reckon.
                            roughly that is.

just wondered.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              what's the thought process with such a short price yankee ?
                              I suppose one double up and roughly half your money back ?

But same stake (split into five bets) just four trebles and one acca would be around 50% better return if all won. and slightly better with just one treble up i reckon.
                              roughly that is.

just wondered.
                              Its just laziness on my part while posting - as I have backed as doubles, trebles and a 4-fold.

... and yes, doubles just safety really - I only really fancy two of them... but I don't want to have a 10 point double determining my Saturday for example... so a couple of other 'solid' looking ones and a safety first approach.

Comment

• Dettori absolutely rides the OBrien jockeys to sleep from the front - not for the first time this season. Man against boys. Fleeting had way to much to do, looks like the best filly from the race.

Ryan Moore tries to win from last while Frankie leads - Hmmm.
                                Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 20 July 2019, 04:18 PM. Reason: Missed wording
                                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Working...
                                X