Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Racing

Missing Bitchy for this.

Not overly inspired today.

I have permed the Moore runners at Sandown and added capitaine as a Suoreme bet.

although i have Death Duty to win any race at Cheltenham i'm backing Augusta Kate on sunday to turn him over. 2.4m may be on the sharp side for AK, but the race will take some getting.

Comment

Nothing really catches my eye today. I've thrown a few quid on Court By Surprise at 25/1 for old times sake.

On another topic, did anyone catch ITV Racings The Opening Show? I really enjoyed it and it was far superior to The Morning Line in my opinion. Loved it!

Comment

Have gone with Capitaine at Sandown. Beat some good horses at Ascot. Found some money in an old sky bet account for Supreme too which was a nice surprise.

Dynaste is polarising opinion - gone at game or and old fashioned plot ? Is it wet enough for Venetia's today ?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Nothing really catches my eye today. I've thrown a few quid on Court By Surprise at 25/1 for old times sake.

On another topic, did anyone catch ITV Racings The Opening Show? I really enjoyed it and it was far superior to The Morning Line in my opinion. Loved it!
          It was good - features are top class.

Comment

Nichols thinks a lot of Capitaine but seems quite negative today because of the ground, if he wins today under that cloud he has to be a live contender at the fez, I have decided to just watch him today but have backed him for the supreme

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
              It was good - features are top class.

Comment

Looked like capitaine hated that ground, I did bk him aswell for supreme maybe he could turn it round on better surface.

Comment

Capitaine lost a lot of momentum at second last - might jump better on better ground.

Comment

Kempton fields a bit small for the ew player but have backed Ms Williams horse in the Lanzarote.

A few for an interest at punchy

Arkwrisht @ 12/1
                    Riverside City @ 6/1
                    Ros Brin @ 16/1
                    Trixie, 4 bets E/W

Comment

I thought Captain Chaos was a big price at Warwick.
                      I was at Ascot when he had his first run for 9 months and tried to kick one out the ground but only had 6 runs to date and clearly still learning.
                      Stepping up in trip he needs to prove he stays but I'm not sure this one should be around 10s.
                      Shame only 7 go...

Comment

Just taken 11/1 Sego Success though 12/1 available if you are a Sid James account holder.
                        This one was very well fancied for this race last year but hit the deck at the second, went off 7/1 for that and was rated 146 at the time, his form has been a little in and out but he comes here off the back of two runs so has no fitness issues and is dropped to 140.
                        Also, crucially, I noted Hutch was declared for this on Tuesday.

The blue across the board suggests there'll be some Pricewise comment in tomorrows bible

Comment

One at Punchy tomoz that took my eye at Tramore last time out is Flysini, the jockey was hard at work on the run to the first in that race but he kept on in a big field and finally got the hang of things finishing faster than anything to run into 5th place. Big price tomorrow but could be worth a couple of quid ew if he learned as much as I hope from his last run

Comment

A small bit on Ted's novice at the prices

Followed in on sego

Comment

Flynsini @ 16/1
                              Riverside City @ 6/1
                              Any Second Now @ 7/1
                              Sego Success @ 11/1
                              Modus @ 10/1
                              Super Yankee, 26 bets * £1.00 E/W

pays over 200k

Comment