Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM

Peace & Co's issues are in his head, not his physical health.
    The horse has ideas of his own though the fact Hendo is getting him back on the track suggests he may think he's in a better place...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      FM

Peace & Co's issues are in his head, not his physical health.
      The horse has ideas of his own though the fact Hendo is getting him back on the track suggests he may think he's in a better place...
      He's drifted out to 14/1 so perhaps all isn't well with him

Comment

• I saw the 14s and that that was a ridiculous price so took it. Only PP/BF going that price... can't imagine they know anything in particular? - Nicky Hendo is 9 from 29 with horses in a first time hood .... Plus for P&C tomorrow.... just seen on RUK

12's for London prize too.... took that.

They are my only bets so far, but I am going to delve in now ready for tomorrow
        Last edited by Kevloaf; 21 April 2017, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• I like Ozzie The Oscar 12/1 for this race, ran a cracker in the County, lightly campaigned just like the fav (Winter Escape), though not willing to take 5/1 on him.

Comment

• Couple of picks in the 2 big races at Ayr tomorrow. Looks a proper good card throughout though.

Scottish Champion Hurdle

Sceau Royal - 9/1
            Kevin Dowling takes off 10lbs and has run some decent races (4th at the festival on The Tourad Man). Good to soft (good in places) at the moment and should dry out further by the time this race goes off which will suit this horse perfectly. Bar his run in the Fighting Fifth has run well all season. His 6th in the CH is the best piece of form in the race. Looked the winner at Wincanton too but likely just couldn't quicken on the soft ground. Dangers lie in the 2 unexposed and progressive horses in the form of both Mohayaad and Winter Escape who both ran well in the County.

Scottish Grand National

Vintage Clouds 16/1 EW
            7 Year olds have won 2 of the last 4 runnings. Step up in trip looks ideal. The Grand National Trial at Haydock has worked out very well with the 1st, 2nd and 4th running big races in the English Grand National. Rarely runs a bad race. As long as his jumping holds up he should be involved in the finish. Coming back from a fall at the festival but that Haydock run was also off the back of a fall so hopefully it won't have left a mark.

Sugar Baron 20/1 EW
            Another 7 year old. Henderson looks to have a strong hand in the race and there's not much between the Kim Muir pair of Premier Bond and Sugar Baron but i'm tempted to side with SB at double the odds. Didn't have the smoothest of runs in the Kim Muir and i don't think Cheltenham really suits this horse. Ayr should really suit having showed his best form on galloping tracks so far - 111F0 compared to 346600 elsewhere.

Comment

• Darts everywhere today but Ayr being the focus:

1.40 Bells and Banjos 10/1 e/w and Final Nudge 9/1 e/w
              2.10 Clan des Obeaux 3/1 win
              2.45 London Prize 12/1 e/w and Traditional Dancer 28/1 ew
              3.20 Yorkist 13/2 e/w
              3.55 Firebird Flyer 66/1 e/w and Alvarado 25/1 e/w
              5.40 Flashy Glance 14/1/ e/w and Saint Freule 12/1 e/w

Good luck all

Comment

• So Firebird Flyer ran like the 100/1 shot he was, clearly fallen out of love with the game.
                I wouldn't give up on London Prize yet, he was staying on when meeting the last all wrong which cost him momentum and several lengths but picked up again on the run in to finish less than 5l off the winner, would have gone very close and likely to see his mark unchanged so very well worth backing next time....

Comment

• My biggest bet of the flat season so far.

Victory Angel won easily over 6f at the Craven meeting, in the manner of a horse who is very talented. Up 11lb for that win, I'd be surprised if it's enough to stop him.

4pts win 7/4

Really like the form of the Greenham and have backed both Barney Roy and Dream Castle in the 2000G.

Other bets in a variety of multiples:
                  2:20 Newmarket Muthmir 10/1
                  2:55 Newmarket Seventh Heaven 5/4 (15p rule 4)
                  1:55 Newmarket Ballet Concerto 3/1
                  1:35 Goodwood Art of Swing 4/1
                  14:40 The Warrior 16/1 & Toofi 20/1 (cliff horse)

Good luck all.

Comment

• I've had a good number of winning trixies over the last month and had quite a few on the flat last year ... hopefully of another today and it includes ........Victory Angel like you FM. The trixie includes Seventh Heaven (rule 4 also) and Son of the Stars the third pick today.... echo what you've said on VA - SH is just miles clear with the perfect ground and SOTS (who I see is drifting slightly) beat Prosper easily and that form was franked on Friday...

We must be drinking ther same stuff today FM, as I have also backed Barney Roy and Dream Castle in the Guineas. Very excited about the race though, and won't be unhappy if anything wins, as this could be a smashing crop of 3YOs.

In fact I have also backed Ballet Concerto and The Warrior too today like you have!

I've also backed Ornate in the sprint (Paul Kealy was keen in the weekender) and Make Music at 22/1 in the same race as The Warrior. Might add Priceless (5 places) because that concession is good with 15 runners!
                    Last edited by Kevloaf; 6 May 2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      I've had a good number of winning trixies over the last month and had quite a few on the flat last year ... hopefully of another today and it includes ........Victory Angel like you FM. The trixie includes Seventh Heaven (rule 4 also) and Son of the Stars the third pick today.

We must be drinking ther same stuff today FM, as I have also backed Barney Roy and Dream Castle in the Guineas. Very excited about the race though, and won't be unhappy if anything wins, as this could be a smashing crop of 3YOs.

In fact I have also backed Ballet Concerto and The Warrior too today.

Also backed Ornate in the sprint (Paul Kealy was keen in the weekender) and Make Music at 22/1 in the same race as The Warrior. Might add Priceless (5 places) because that concession is good with 15 runners!
                      Hopefully we are on the right lines Kev. I've had a great start to the flat too and was actually looking forward to it starting for a change.

Comment

• Just touched off on my trixie there, disappointed with the main fancy!....

a positive day though had 3 other bets, the best being an-across-four-card-yankee Majestic Touch at Uttox, Sandstorming at Cork, Queen of Time at Goodwood and Tellthemnuttin at Wexford...

Also had Alf Guineas, Wilde Extravagance and Art of Swing ina trixie that didn't get anywhere near haha.

Looking forward to tomorrow....

Comment

• #WINTER IS HERE

Comment

• A very easy winner - this flat season keeps getting better! The runner-up didn't have the best of passages but she's going to win the oaks imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              A very easy winner - this flat season keeps getting better! The runner-up didn't have the best of passages but she's going to win the oaks imo
                              Absolutely... Not much of a price at the moment, not an investment for me at this stage... I did quite like the way Bean Feasa won today though... clipped to 16s in placed but 33s avail in a number of spots... I think that'll disappear... Jim Bolger for the boys in blue... not a strong selection by any means but I thought she's progressing nicely.

Also not too upset with Yucatan today... backed him after reading the stable tour and Kevin Blake but him up with Winter funnily enough of the FFP a few weeks ago (and again in the latest version).... would have preferred him to 'come away' but all 3 are pretty good and I don't think Churchill will be turning up.

Comment

• Swinton Hurdle tomorrow, very competitive end/start of season handicap.

Key trends:
                                Aged 4 to 7, just one winner aged over 7 in last 31 renewals
                                Horses carrying under 11st have a great record, just 2 winners carried over 11st since 2002
                                Horses who won last time out have poor record, last winner was Macs Joy in 2004
                                Must have run within last 63 days, 13 of last 15 winners ran in last 36 days
                                No strong trainer guides, Henderson, Fahey, Evan Williams and Hobbs all had two winner

The weight trend is a struggle this year as only four will carry under 11st, of which three won last time out so that leaves us with Traditional Dancer at 33/1 !
                                I'm prepared to include horses carrying 11st and a touch above and the one that I have backed is London Prize.

Winner of the Imperial Cup he then went for the Scottish Champion hurdle at Ayr and was bang in contention before getting the last all wrong and giving up plenty of ground, he wasn't given a hard time by Tom O'Brien after with a hand and heels ride but still finished best of them all and was under 4.5l off the winner at the finish.
                                An neck ahead of him that day was L'Ami Serge who went to Sandown on Whitbread day and hacked up beating rivals like The New One, Ptit Zig and co, having previously failed by a narrow margin in the County hurdle, the form has had a fair boost.
                                London Prize is up another pound but is a progressive type and having racked up a pair of flat wins on good ground last year he is likely to relish tomorrow surface.

12/1 each way has the look of a proper bet for me....

Comment

Working...
                                X