Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
    Fully expect Min to win well here. Hard to know if the drift on PP is DR related.
    Min's to lose for sure. Was already on him but cannot help taking the 5 places for Percy just hoping he does show up well.

Not a big betting race though, hopefully an informative one for the festival.

Comment

• 10-1 is a mad price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Min's to lose for sure.
        Yeh it wasn’t an outlandish prediction was it!

Comment

Min's to lose for sure. Was already on him but cannot help taking the 5 places for Percy just hoping he does show up well.

Not a big betting race though, hopefully an informative one for the festival.
          Originally posted by quevega View Post
          10-1 is a mad price.

Both ran well

Comment

• I can't believe Winsdor Avenue is 6/4 joint fav with Sam Spinner over 2m4f on Saturday at Doncaster 2:10.

This trip is too short for Sam Spinner by half a mile at least, Windsor Avenue is going to wallop him.

Looks a match anyway so 6/4 is fair but he's got more than a 50% chance of beating Sam Spinner. I like Sam Spinner, but he's going to lose on Saturday.

Comment

I can't believe Winsdor Avenue is 6/4 joint fav with Sam Spinner over 2m4f on Saturday at Doncaster 2:10.

This trip is too short for Sam Spinner by half a mile at least, Windsor Avenue is going to wallop him.

Looks a match anyway so 6/4 is fair but he's got more than a 50% chance of beating Sam Spinner. I like Sam Spinner, but he's going to lose on Saturday.

It's 3 mile Kev!

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                It's 3 mile Kev!
                Yes just seen that on the JLT thread.

Ignore that then, I thought 6/4 was the best price I'd ever, ever, ever seen

Comment

• Taking my chances on 2 tomorrow.

Have to take on Never Adapt. Complete mentalist on BR debut, Hendo says she seems more relaxed but works on her own...so i imagine he's in the dark about how she'll get on down at the start tomorrow. FR horses she spanked are mid 120s, so yeah she could hose up, but she could also be too gassy. Nordic Combined, yup the 10 time hurdle maiden. Has some decent runs behind good horses in novice/maiden hurdles, also 2 reasonable runs in handicaps before his last one at Newbury. Ground should suit tomorrow. 14/1

Kilbricken Storm- Yes he won at a huge price in the AB, but he backed it up at Punchestown. Ran 98Ls behind Santini and had a fractured pelvis. Thrown in a stayers from that and then onto Aintree, he was up there until push came to shove, and to me the wind op might spring the improvemnet needed to win off 145. Doesn't look a cracking race tomorrow. 9/1

Comment

• At Donny tomorrow.
                    Not seen a bet there just yet though.

But for Cheltenham...

Have backed Chantry house 13/8 8pts (plus 1pt double with the lunatic never adapt)
                    Stoney Mountain 4-1 4pts
                    Barntown 8-1 4pts
                    Yanworth 9/2 2pts & Easyland 6-1 2pts
                    Goodbye Dancer 11-1 4pts

And a 1ptew double Neverushacon and goodbye dancer 120-1 I think.

still pondering Donny, not that enticing really.

forgot I backed the maxwell horse ecu de noviere also 2pts 15/2.
                    Last edited by Quevega; 12 December 2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• 12:10 - This is Chantry House’s first time over hurdles, his bumper form looks extremely strong which would normally temped me in, but oh no… not this time around. His price is disugting.
                      So I’m going to take a look at the ‘without the favourite’ and find some value, here I fancy SHANG TANG and GLORY AND FORTUNE without the favourite

12:45 - Basic rules apply here, I don’t back horses that are going over fences for the first time.. especially at Cheltenham. Stoney Mountain has been impressive so far over hurdles, but I just can’t back it if I’m sticking to my selection process. PYM is the one for me, he’s wanted 3 miles for a long time, and won last time out over this trip

13:20 - Very tricky race. I’ve gone for two here - ECU DE LA NOVERIE and MANVERS HOUSE

15:40 - This could be my best bet of the day. KILBRICKEN STORM returns back after a difficult 18/19 season having dislike his first run over fences, and then placed in some top class races. He just didn’t perform. He comes back this year into a much easier race, having had a wind op aswell. He the trainer has him 80% prepared for this race, I expect him to win it. I’m quietly confident about this horse

Comment

• Interesting that Paul Nichols has no entries anywhere tomorrow or Sunday and only 4 declared for Cheltenham on Saturday
                        Looks like the vet has been around with the flu jabs
                        Might be a quiet couple of weeks for the stable

Comment

• ee WHAT A MOMENT 40/1

Good thing here. Hard to see past it.

Comment

• Bet Victor

ew WHAT A MOMENT 40/1

Good thing here. Hard to see past it.

Comment

• WHAT A MOMENT has had 2 races at Cheltenham over fences over 3m 1f and won both of them off 127 and 132. Races off 130 and The Pipe stable have probably at no point in this horses career been in form like they are currently.
                              Pipes won 2 of the last 10 runnings of this race and this horse has almost certainly been laid out for the race. 9yos have a good record and could easily dot up carrying just 10-6. Goes on any ground. Should be no bigger than 6/4.
                              Both of Pipes winners in the last 10 years ran off bottom weight, this one has the 2nd lowest weight to carry in the race so fits the profile of a Pipe winner. Master Overseer won this after being pulled up tailed off on his previous run so no need to worry that this waa pulled up when last seen. On an amazing mark and unbeaten here in 2 races over this sort of trip.
                              This horses last Cheltenham win followed a pulled up on his previous run.
                              The blinkers go on here for the 1st time. Tom Scud'missile'amore will enjoy this one.

40/1 is an insult to mankind
                              Last edited by ELEGANTLY TASTED; 12 December 2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                At Donny tomorrow.
                                Not seen a bet there just yet though.

But for Cheltenham...

Yanworth 9/2 2pts & Easyland 6-1 2pts
                                Know much about EASYLAND Q? Think hes a threat? YANWORTH although 4/1 now, is still crying out to me!

Comment

Working...
                                X