Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152
Results 1,511 to 1,513 of 1513

Thread: Weekend Racing

Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    This week should be Cyrname 11/8 vs Altior 8/13 week.
    If PP persist with the prices around what they are now.
    If 6/4 or better pops up after final declarations on Cyrname it's nearly maximum bet time for me.

Total agreement here.

Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    This week should be Cyrname 11/8 vs Altior 8/13 week.
    If PP persist with the prices around what they are now.
    If 6/4 or better pops up after final declarations on Cyrname it's nearly maximum bet time for me.
    Sometimes it's better to bet with your heart than your head for smaller stakes though

By sometimes, I mean, once every few years... when THE best horse in training is going on to attempt something that surely deep down you WANT to happen anyway....

Eeeeeevveerrrryyyy single podcast I listen to this week is going to say "the sensible bet is Cyrname at the price" and I'll be thinking, yes I know, I don't care.

This doesn't mean I'll be having a max bet on Altior

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Sometimes it's better to bet with your heart than your head for smaller stakes though

By sometimes, I mean, once every few years... when THE best horse in training is going on to attempt something that surely deep down you WANT to happen anyway....

Eeeeeevveerrrryyyy single podcast I listen to this week is going to say "the sensible bet is Cyrname at the price" and I'll be thinking, yes I know, I don't care.

This doesn't mean I'll be having a max bet on Altior

The track really does suit Cyrname.... thatís a 10lbs swing right there given Altior appears to jump right nowadays. Also think Altior is 5lbs better with that Cheltenham hills

All points towards Cyrname.

However!!!!!! I canít stand the horse. My personal connection with Altior makes it difficult for me to bet in this race

Itís a race where I really want Altior to win, and Cyrname to lose. Iíd be gutted if Cyrname was the one to topple Altior. But Iím concerned that ascot will not play to Altior s strengths