Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Weekend Racing

I am totally confused about the 'gamble' on Brain Power for the Clarence House (9/4 in places). On soft ground (on which BP has no real form) Un De Sceaux is a top class horse and, unless the forecast wind dries up the ground significantly (unlikely at this time of year), he should win well. I suspect this is a 'bookmaker's' gamble; either that or someone started the gamble knowing UDS wouldn't be running.Even in a two horse race I would want 3/1 about BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
    I am totally confused about the 'gamble' on Brain Power for the Clarence House (9/4 in places). On soft ground (on which BP has no real form) Un De Sceaux is a top class horse and, unless the forecast wind dries up the ground significantly (unlikely at this time of year), he should win well. I suspect this is a 'bookmaker's' gamble; either that or someone started the gamble knowing UDS wouldn't be running.Even in a two horse race I would want 3/1 about BP.
    I'm staggered.

I heard Tom Segal on the RP podcast saying he thinks Brain Power is top class and will trouble UDS.

BRain Power got beaten by Sceau Royal, fairly. They blamed him 'front running' - but that did him NO HARM on debut...

I don't see where this leap has come from personally.

I can see myself lining up a double on UDS and Claimantakinforgan as we speak
    Last edited by Kevloaf; Yesterday at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I'm staggered.

I heard Tom Segal on the RP podcast saying he thinks Brain Power is top class and will trouble UDS.
    Tom Segal was talking nonsense the whole show this week. His quote of "Henderson thinks he'll almost win the Arkle...and if he thinks that he can almost beat UDS"

Clearly he has UDS confused with another horse!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I can see myself lining up a double on UDS and Claimantakinforgan as we speak
    Wouldn’t be surprised is Haydock gets abandoned - it was heavy on Monday & it’s hardly stopped pissin down since!

Whatswrongwithyou 1.50 Newbury.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenty View Post
    Whatswrongwithyou 1.50 Newbury.
    Good shout.

I thought they'd flip flop in the betting, same trainer but JP factor.... I thought whichever was fav, would win.

Is Claimantakinforagan still due to run st Haydock on Saturday- it’s out to 6/4 with Sky - still 4/7 with PP?