Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I asked a few bookies to price up Rock the Kasbah for the Welsh National. William Hill offered me 25/1 which I thought was very generous. To be honest I would probably have backed him at 16/1.

He won really well yesterday, running all the way to the line, and now looks to be a really strong stayer. He'll go up a few lbs for yesterday's win but his course form at Chepstow now reads 22111, with all those wins being over fences.

1.5pts ew Rock the Kasbah 25/1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
      Franks American's form nicely for the Hennessy?
      Absolutely GS.

American could be another for the Welsh National too.

Comment

• Two ante post bets today. Zabeel prince in the handicap at 10/1 and Donjuan Triumphant in the sprint at 66/1, each way.

Added beat the bank 11/2 and Barney Roy 5/1.

A great days racing. Good luck all.

Comment

• The Old Roan Chase looks like being a superb renewal. Final decs:

@AntepostPunter: Old Roan - God's Own, Tea For Two, Smad Place, Aso, Traffic Fluide, Cloudy Dream, Royal Regatta, Devils Bride, Third Intention, Ballybolley, Shantou Village, Oldgrangewood, Bouvreuil.

Comment

• No bets for me tomorrow. I can't find a single angle into any race.

Cloudy Dreams in the Old Roan on Sunday though, hoping for 5/1+

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              No bets for me tomorrow. I can't find a single angle into any race.

Cloudy Dreams in the Old Roan on Sunday though, hoping for 5/1+
              I might have no bets too

Comment

• I had a very enjoyable day at cheltenham yesterday , Beautiful weather . Agree with you Faugheen , could be a difficult
                day to pick winners. Dan Skelton put up Bedrock ( 2-35 ) as a smart horse.
                Anyway , tentative L. 31 for today.
                1. Viconte du noyer 2-00
                2. Bedrock 2-35
                3. Stick to the plan 3-45
                4. Alcala 4-20
                5. Calett mad 4-55 .

Comment

• P.s meant to say , Slate house looked very impressive to me.

Comment

• Over in Ireland ready to watch Bay of Freedom run on Monday - posting on this thread because it's a long weekend here (I needed an excuse). It looks a really tough race but we won it last year so you never know. Some initial thoughts: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-diary/

As regards today I really think Making Light (3.5 Leopardstown) has a real chance coming back to a much more suitable trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      I might have no bets too
                      Obviously didn't last ... 2 bets

Trixie Bedrock, Alcala , Calett Mad at Cheltenham

Lucky 15 Frontiersman, Whataknight, Double W's, Spring Loaded

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                        Over in Ireland ready to watch Bay of Freedom run on Monday - posting on this thread because it's a long weekend here (I needed an excuse). It looks a really tough race but we won it last year so you never know. Some initial thoughts: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-diary/

As regards today I really think Making Light (3.5 Leopardstown) has a real chance coming back to a much more suitable trip.
                        Good luck BOF. It certainly looks a hot race, it'll be interesting to see how many stand their ground.
                        Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 28 October 2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Obviously didn't last ... 2 bets

Trixie Bedrock, Alcala , Calett Mad at Cheltenham

Lucky 15 Frontiersman, Whataknight, Double W's, Spring Loaded
                          Did 2 lucky 15's .Virtually the same kev. oh well it's aintree tomorrow !

Comment

• Still the weekend in Ireland. Here are my latest thoughts: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...ng-for-clarity.

in short: A Genie in Abottle will take some beating!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                              Still the weekend in Ireland. Here are my latest thoughts: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...ng-for-clarity.

in short: A Genie in Abottle will take some beating!
                              Your lad ran well enough BOF, you must be pleased.
                              And shame I read your blog on Sunday morning, 15 hours too late to take advantage of the 6/1 winner you advised...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                Your lad ran well enough BOF, you must be pleased.
                                And shame I read your blog on Sunday morning, 15 hours too late to take advantage of the 6/1 winner you advised...
                                That will teach you Ista He ran well and it was good to see him back up his Listowel run. The pace was too slow for us but we are no good in front so had to sit and suffer. Hopefully, the handicapper won't take the form too literally and it helps that we pretty much ran to the mark with the fourth. He's 100% this morning and the plan now is to go to Leopardstown at the Holidays for the Paddy Power. The faster pace will suit and we will hope for plenty of rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X