Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rekindling to win the Leger and Stake Acclaim in the Portland my bets today.

Comment

• Any strong opinions on the Cambridgeshire tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Any strong opinions on the Cambridgeshire tomorrow?
        My views are that I'm pleased I got my ante post money back on Johnny Barnes and I'll put my money on Red Tornado at market rasen instead

I see wh and sky are 8 places ... So impossible not to dabble. You're fired probably
        Last edited by Kevloaf; 29 September 2017, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• My 1,2,3, for the cambridgeshire - 1. - thundering blue
          2. - naval warfare
          3. greenside .

Comment

• So far I've got:
            You're Fired 33/1 0.5pt ew
            GM Hopkins 25/1 0.5pt ew
            Thundering Blue 15/2 1pt ew
            Brorocco 14/1 1pt ew
            Leader Writer 14/1 0.25pt ew

All each way 8 places and going to have a further point each way on linguistic at best early morning price.

Comment

• Darts everywhere today but thought Brorocco won with plenty in hand last week and 4lb won't stop him this week, always a chance something else is equally well handicapped though but the 8 places on offer make this a no brainer for me.

Newm 2.20 Threading
              2.55 Sounds of Mali

Haddock 2.05 Century Dream
              2.40 Quench Dolly
              3.15 Sainted and Ice Age

The days nap comes over at the Rasen when Red Tornado can be backed at around 4/1.
              Wasn't right last year but ran John Constable to 2.5l in the Summer hurdle in July and was heavily backed that day so whatever issues existed last year I think they've resolved....

All each way
              Good luck all

Comment

• I'm going to the pub today to watch the Arc. I've got Enable at 6/1 but really like OFSG each way so will back him too.

I can't believe the price of Polydream in the first. 7/4 looks huge to me.

Comment

I'm going to the pub today to watch the Arc. I've got Enable at 6/1 but really like OFSG each way so will back him too.

I can't believe the price of Polydream in the first. 7/4 looks huge to me.
                  Polydream and Aclaim look lovely favourites prices to me.

Interesting to watch Sayar, Brahma Bull and Rathvinden all Tipperary today!

**** I've had a yankee on:
                  Polydream 7/4
                  Eller Brook 9/4
                  Aclaim 9/4
                  Sayar even

I am also on Enable at 6s and OOSG at 28/1 (only 0.5 pts each way!) ... and Almanzour at 20/1

Liverpool to beat Newcastle today too, Rafa will roll over
                  Last edited by Kevloaf; 1 October 2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Added Ex Patriot at Tipperary.

Good luck all.

Comment

• What on earth happened yesterday !!!, couldn't believe it when i saw the reult of the cambridgeshire !!.
                      Today i have a L.31 at Chantilly.
                      1. - Magical - 1-10
                      2. -Happily - 1-45
                      3. - Dishingis secret - 3-05
                      4. - Lacazar - 3-50
                      5. - Signs of blessing - 4-35.
                      good luck.

Comment

• Waady 1st at ascot
                        Waldgeist 2nd at ascot
                        Rich identity 1st at redcar

Trixie to start the day ...

Big each way on Darkanna at 5/1 in the 3.20 Redcar

Lord glitter and Birchwood in the 3.35 ascot

... and I'll probably see what Hugh Taylor has to offer in the morning .... incredibly quiet day of staking compared to my usual Saturday

Comment

• Not much for me either.

Mojito and Flaming Spear in the 3:35 at Ascot
                          Diable De Sivola my main bet today in the 3:05 at Fontwell

I'll add a Canadian for a bit more interest

Good luck all...........

Comment

• Kev - Well done with Darkanna and unlucky with Lord Glitter

It's the Cesarewitch next weekend and I've had two ante post plays.

I backed Legostovegas on the exchanges (ave odds 70) it was crossing the finish line over hurdles lto. Hopefully WPM sends him across.

My main bet is Withhold (25/1 and 16/1). He has only ran once this season over 1m 4f when finishing third behind Daphne and Weekender (who passed the post first yesterday in a listed race, subsequently demoted to 2nd). He needs further than 1m 4f though and is really well handicapped on his beating of London Prize over 2m at Haydock last season. Interestingly (to me anyway), Tony Bloom bought him and I have a feeling they have had this race in mind for a while. He has been very well backed in the last 24 hours and with a rating of 87, he could be absolutely thrown in.
                            Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 7 October 2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Kev - Well done with Darkanna and unlucky with Lord Glitter

It's the Cesarewitch next weekend and I've had two ante post plays.

I backed Legostovegas on the exchanges (ave odds 70) it was crossing the finish line over hurdles lto. Hopefully WPM sends him across.

My main bet is Withhold (25/1 and 16/1). He has only ran once this season over 1m 4f when finishing third behind Daphne and Weekender (who passed the post first yesterday in a listed race, subsequently demoted to 2nd). He needs further than 1m 4f though and is really well handicapped on his beating of London Prize over 2m at Haydock last season. Interestingly (to me anyway), Tony Bloom bought him and I have a feeling they have had this race in mind for a while. He has been very well backed in the last 24 hours and with a rating of 87, he could be absolutely thrown in.
                              Horrow show apart from that. Two really poor weekends for me in a row. Luckily I get 80 pts from SDS on the 21st October to recover the flat season for me.

Thanks for that on Withhold. You can see why it'll likely continue to get shorter! I will have a little each way now. I have also backed Time To Study at 14s a few weeks ago, which I see is still available. Having a week/weekend off though .... one last blast on Champions day and then it is time to get serious on here

Comment

• Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Limericks 2.15 wonder of the world. I took the early 14s however now top price 12/1.
                                The fav has looked impressive and he's beaten trees on the bridle he is rubys choice so you ha e to respect That, I like the form of robin des foret it has a solid look to it and the horse which fabulous saga beat by 20 lengths admittedly on the bridle was further behind robin des foret however last time out wonder of the world was coming with a winning challenge when falling at the last and I am of the opinion in he would ha e gone on by 2 lengths. Robin des foret is 7/2 for this race and wonder of the world now 12/1. Although only 7 runners that represents a bit of ew value for myself. The display was no fluke with the Barry o connel owned horse finishing a close 2nd in his pro and winning his next race over hurdles nicely previous to his fall

Turbojet. General 3/1 imo his novice form of level weights been bumping into some nice no idea last season and finishing within a few lengths. Each effort very consistent, be won an easier race last time nicely and if expect him to have the measure of these. At 3/1 it sounds strange but I make him a big ew bet at 1/4 the odds. Barring a fall would look certain to be in the frame (over 70% of money back) and I fancy his chances of winning this race today.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 8 October 2017, 10:51 AM.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X