Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This could be my claim to fame , currently No 1 on the itv 7 racing leaderboard !!!

Comment

• It's all gonna go wrong now isn't it . - ascot L31 . 1-25 strad.
      2-00 the tinman.
      2-40 Lah ti dar.
      3-15 Roaring lion.
      3-50 Cracksman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Nice to celebrate the end of the flat Had an enjoyable season personally, after today there is only really the BReeders CUp and Melbourne Cup I'll pay any attention to and they're both 'one-off' events that don't clash with the National Hunt.

Doesn't start off with a bang though for me in the 1.25, small stake on Thomas Hobson at 9/1 - I expect Stradivarious to win but I don't fancy the AOB horse much and 9/1 seems a big price for a clearly talented horse in a 6 runner race with question marks over the fav.

Brando each way in the 2.00 looks like good each way value...but that term is thrown around too often, and I can't confidently rule out any horses in the field so there are no such things as "good each way bets" when I feel like the whole field could place... that said, Brando always gives his race and is cloesly tied with The Tin Man and I'll chance him. No result would shock me in this race. I may back Harry Angel if he gets to 7/1 as a win only. (Currently 11/2)

Mares at 2.40 - I like 3 of them with Lah Ti Dah being the first leg in a trixie. Hydrangea looks a good price at 12/1 and I think Kitesurf will go well on the ground and is a solid each way selection but I'll probably only add Hydrangea win only as a big of a saver (as the previous winner) ...

3.15 - Roaring Lion is a big horse for me tomorrow. Rolls onto Cracksman at 30/1 and is also the second leg in my Trixie that ends with Crystal Ocean (at 40/1) .... The 5 places are brilliant with WH and Sky but if I think Roaring Lion is much the best of these. Laurens at 8/1 is too big a price with 4 or 5 places on offer so I have backed her each way... you can make a case for loads of them and it is a deep race, and I'm starting to worry, but those two will do, with a ready poreference for Roaring Lion!

3.50 - I really, really do NOT like Cracksman. I did back him in a treble with Enable(arc) and Roaring Lion, so hopefully I'm waiting on him at odds on for a nice payoutt, but I have gone right off him. I think Crystal Ocean should be loads closer in the market and I like that he's come here as a target rather than an after thought. Monarchs Glen gets a decent mention on FFP and RP podcast and I might back each way if 14s are still available when I wake up

4.30 - Two darts South Seas and Safe Voyage - here is to hoping to end the flat season with a bang,

and good luck all
        Damn it all , in the 1-25 . yesterday 100 percent thought what you said there kev. and today
        i sctratched t.hobson for flag of honour !!. oh no !!

Comment

• Oh and L.15 dandolo du gite - 2-30 stratford.
          etamine du cochet - 2-45 ffos las.
          Master dee - 4-00 m.rasen.
          Zamparelli - 4-55 ffos las.

Comment

• Detorri given 3 day ban for checking Thomas Hobson within the last furlong. I can’t moan as I had a lot riding on that race but it was as clear as day he shut that horse off!

Comment

• Originally posted by OldPersian View Post
              Detorri given 3 day ban for checking Thomas Hobson within the last furlong. I can’t moan as I had a lot riding on that race but it was as clear as day he shut that horse off!
              Best horse still won though, well done OP, I very much hope both your doubles land

Comment

Best horse still won though, well done OP, I very much hope both your doubles land
                Thanks Kev, Lah Ti Dar ran out of steam there but hopefully Roaring lion does the business!

Comment

• It's all gone a bit pear shaped at Ascot ., but still have R.lion , Cracksman to come and Humbert in the 4-30.

Comment

• Well done everyone on Roaring lion

Comment

• Yes ! , great race that one ,

Comment

• I’m a fool

Thought Roaring Lion was the one to let Gosden down so rather than backing 3+ winners at 7/2 I did Stradivarius/Lah Ti Dar double and LTD single

God I hate the flat

Comment

• Didn’t back cracksman but wow - what a way to sign off!

Comment

• Originally posted by OldPersian View Post
                            Saturdays bets:

10 pt - Stradivarius and Lah Ti Dar double
                            20 pt single on Stradivarius
                            10 pt double on Stradivarius and Roaring lion

Obviously keen on Stradivarius winning... good luck chaps
                            Nicely done OP.

Comment

I had a 1 pt treble on Enable, Cracksman and Roaring Lion at 30/1 that I am hoping comes in so best of luck with your 3rd bet in particular
                              Great shooting Kev.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Nicely done OP.
                                Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Nicely done OP.
                                Thanks FM, likewise Kev - 30/1 for that treble is great going!

Had a smaller speculative 2pt treble today on the following:

2.00 Kempton - Quel Destin
                                3.05 kempton - Itchy Feet
                                4.10 Kempton - Verdana Blue

Verdana wins for me and the other two should be there or there about - good luck to anyone having a go today.

Comment

Working...
                                X