Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    What an uninspiring days racing. One bet today Katiymann 20/1 4:00 Curragh. Looks to have been prepped for this having ran well in it last year.
    The place return has all gone on Stratum for the Cesarewitch, one of my favourite races. He was very unlucky not to finish in the places at York and looks to be well treated off his current mark. Add to this that he may be even better for a step up in trip.

The Cesarewitch prize fund is now £500,000 so I can't see WPM sidestepping the race for another target either. He'll be a short price fav on the day imo.

2.5pts Stratum 17/2 Ladbrokes (boosted)

Comment

• No bet today so topping up on Stratum for the Cesarewitch.

Comment

• Need to get Cheltenham out of my head ofr the next 24 hours, it is really good racing this weekend!

Not that anyone will care, but I've been having a really good run on the flat (250+ points up since the Cheltenham Festival) which is better than any season I've had on the flat.

Anyone got any opinions on the racing this weekend? I'll be having a proper look after about 9.30pm tonight ready for tomorrow but it seems to have gone quiet recently... all ready for the jumps I suppose.

Comment

• I'll probably have a small interest in Dee Ex Bee for the Leger, not a race I get massively excited about unless something appears in the Triumph hurdle betting, but finished well in the Derby and I think the ground will stop one or two fancied runners so I'm happy playing each way at 12/1 or bigger

Comment

• Lah Ti Dar might just be stretched for stamina and Kew Gardens is one to take on for me. I'm with Ista, it's Dee Ex Bee for me tomorrow.

If Lah Ti Dar drifts I'll have a saver.

Madhmoon looked a really nice prospect on debut and I think he could go to the top next season. I'll be backing him if 2/1 or bigger tomorrow.

Comment

• Just watched JAWS for the first time... that hasn't aged well, for all that its a classic . Speaking of the classic ... (ha), I nearly pressed on La Ti Dah at 7/1 when she was left in and didn't which makes me reluctant to go too crazy. I'd have been taking an un-informed punt but feel like I've left the price behind.. That said though, for me if she stays the trip effectively there isn't a chance Kew Gardens is good enough to give her weight. It doesn't strike me as an each way kind of race though because there are two solid enough at the top of the market.

Contrary to this post earlier, I am now finding myself undecided on which each way bets are best.... Dee Ex Bee at 15/1, Southern France 14/1 or The Pentagon (4 places) at 28/1!
              Last edited by Kevloaf; 14 September 2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Just watched JAWS for the first time... that hasn't aged well, for all that its a classic . Speaking of the classic ... (ha), I nearly pressed on La Ti Dah at 7/1 when she was left in and didn't which makes me reluctant to go too crazy. I'd have been taking an un-informed punt but feel like I've left the price behind.. That said though, for me if she stays the trip effectively there isn't a chance Kew Gardens is good enough to give her weight. It doesn't strike me as an each way kind of race though because there are two solid enough at the top of the market.

Contrary to this post earlier, I am now finding myself undecided on which each way bets are best.... Dee Ex Bee at 15/1, Southern France 14/1 or The Pentagon (4 places) at 28/1!
                I backed Dee Ex Bee a couple of weeks ago, 14/1, thought the price might contract, especially if the rain came, which it has, I think the stamina test is in his favour, the Gosden horse looked an unlikely runner at the time I backed it though.

Comment

• Had a decent bet on Holmeswood in the opener at Donny, but I notice Dods other runner, Dakota gold, is being supported.

Comment

• I notice Ryan Moore rides Kew gardens in the Leger then Magical in the 5.25 at Leopardstown, do they think they have a chance of beating Alpha Centauri? Seems a hell of a rush if not.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                      I notice Ryan Moore rides Kew gardens in the Leger then Magical in the 5.25 at Leopardstown, do they think they have a chance of beating Alpha Centauri? Seems a hell of a rush if not.
                      Even Ryan Moore can't turn down the chance of a Group 1 and a nice pay packet.

Comment

• Got a £50 free bet if I staked £50 with Ladbrokes. £50 win on Lah Ti Dar @ 9/5, the free bet goes on Youdontdodou @11/1 in the Portland.

Comment

Even Ryan Moore can't turn down the chance of a Group 1 and a nice pay packet.
                          That's what I mean FM, does he think he has a chance? Around 10's at the mo, surely Alpha Centauri wins this, been extremely impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                            That's what I mean FM, does he think he has a chance? Around 10's at the mo, surely Alpha Centauri wins this, been extremely impressive.
                            Probably not but it's a huge race and €70k for finishing second makes it still worth jumping in a helicopter if he can.

Comment

Probably not but it's a huge race and €70k for finishing second makes it still worth jumping in a helicopter if he can.
                              5/4 without AC and Laurens at 365

Comment

• Had 2pts on Encrypted at 20s, that's a shame!!

Comment

Working...
                                X