Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    IS there anything stopping the Kachy, Wissahickon double landing tomorrow?
    I can't see either being beat today Kev.

Comment

• ....i couldn’t see an Irish Grand National thread, threw my first dart at Bellow Mome @ 25-1.

Comment

• It’s disappointing to see only 4 places being offered by B365 for the NRNB Irish National market at present, it’s s mind field of a race as Mullins & Elliot enter so many. I think I’ll wait until Monday to see how the markets moving as it tends to have more of an impact on the winning horses unlike the British ‘Nationals’. My choices at present are Measure of my Dreams & Jury Duty.

Comment

• Interesting day’s racing at Fairyhouse today. Some quick thoughts:
          2.05 Free Ranger. Ran much better than finishing position reflected in the Ladbroke and has a leading chance on ground he will relish
          3.15 Mount Hanover Will be his last run over hurdles before going chasing. It has been the plan to come here for a while. Ground much faster than he has run on before but full brother won on good ground so wouldn’t be put off. (Guaranteed to be withdrawn due to ground now)
          3.50 Petit Mouchoir we’ll know within 20 seconds because, surely, he has to make the running this time doesn’t he?
          4.20 Ordinary World (and I realise I sound like the Chairman of the De Bromhead fan club by this point). Obvious stamina doubts but I just don’t see where the pace is going to come from and this horse has been overfaced for three seasons.
          5.00 Total Recall While I must admit to being perplexed by the Mullins jockey bookings here, this horse has the ability, form and stamina to win this.
          Last edited by Bayoffreedom; 21 April 2019, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• ....Arkwrisht ran a great race in the Irish National last year, was right in it at the final fence when hampered. There will be much worst 66-1 chances running today.

Comment

• Last year's race was run on very heavy ground. This year it will be quite fast and this will be a big help for Whisperinthebreeze who beat Cadmium 10l in February with Jessie saying that the quick ground made all the difference. Decent ew chance at 20/1 or thereabouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                Interesting day’s racing at Fairyhouse today. Some quick thoughts:
                2.05 Free Ranger. Ran much better than finishing position reflected in the Ladbroke and has a leading chance on ground he will relish
                3.15 Mount Hanover Will be his last run over hurdles before going chasing. It has been the plan to come here for a while. Ground much faster than he has run on before but full brother won on good ground so wouldn’t be put off. (Guaranteed to be withdrawn due to ground now)
                3.50 Petit Mouchoir we’ll know within 20 seconds because, surely, he has to make the running this time doesn’t he?
                4.20 Ordinary World (and I realise I sound like the Chairman of the De Bromhead fan club by this point). Obvious stamina doubts but I just don’t see where the pace is going to come from and this horse has been overfaced for three seasons.
                5.00 Total Recall While I must admit to being perplexed by the Mullins jockey bookings here, this horse has the ability, form and stamina to win this.
                You can get 5/1 3 places 1/4 the odds with 365 which seems fair in that race for Petit Mouchoir

Comment

• Played three in the Irish National.

Jury Duty 12/1 E/W
                  Total Recall 16/1 E/W
                  Gun Digger 20/1 E/W

Comment

• The Irish Grand National is a mine field, I’ve opted for Gun Digger & WhisperintheBreeze but based on weight they are carrying. Also got a Lucky 63 including Off You Go, Storyteller, Mormom, Walk To Freedom, Shady Operator & Gardens Of Babylon. Good luck all

Comment

• Three darts in the Irish Grand National for me.

Shady Operator 16/1ew
                      Gun Digger 20/1ew
                      Tout Est Permis 16/1 win only.

Comment

• Off to Plumpton today,.
                        - L.15- 1-50 - Zanzi win.
                        - 2-25 - Ruby yeats.
                        - 3-35 - Golden cannon.
                        - 4-45 - Bostin.

Comment

• And a Fairyhouse L.31.
                          - 1. - Couer sublime - 2-40.
                          - 2. - Mormon - 3-15.
                          - 3. - Off you go - 3-50.
                          - 4. - Snow falcon - 4-20.
                          - 5. - Gun digger - 5-00.
                          Good Luck everyone.

Comment

• Enjoy BC, think The Kings Baby is expected to go well in 2.25...

Comment

• Thrown 3 darts at Giggs horses in the big one today:
                              Valseur Lido
                              Woods Well
                              Arkwrist

Good luck all

Comment

• 6 places in the 1.50 at Sandown is too much to resist.

Humble Hero is my pick

and Cause Toujours

2.25 - ew extra - Go Conquer 5/1 (4 places) and San Benedeto 9/2 (4 places)
                                Last edited by Kevloaf; 27 April 2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X