Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Racing

Just touched off on my trixie there, disappointed with the main fancy!....

a positive day though had 3 other bets, the best being an-across-four-card-yankee Majestic Touch at Uttox, Sandstorming at Cork, Queen of Time at Goodwood and Tellthemnuttin at Wexford...

Also had Alf Guineas, Wilde Extravagance and Art of Swing ina trixie that didn't get anywhere near haha.

Looking forward to tomorrow....

#WINTER IS HERE

A very easy winner - this flat season keeps getting better! The runner-up didn't have the best of passages but she's going to win the oaks imo

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    A very easy winner - this flat season keeps getting better! The runner-up didn't have the best of passages but she's going to win the oaks imo
    Absolutely... Not much of a price at the moment, not an investment for me at this stage... I did quite like the way Bean Feasa won today though... clipped to 16s in placed but 33s avail in a number of spots... I think that'll disappear... Jim Bolger for the boys in blue... not a strong selection by any means but I thought she's progressing nicely.

Also not too upset with Yucatan today... backed him after reading the stable tour and Kevin Blake but him up with Winter funnily enough of the FFP a few weeks ago (and again in the latest version).... would have preferred him to 'come away' but all 3 are pretty good and I don't think Churchill will be turning up.

Swinton Hurdle tomorrow, very competitive end/start of season handicap.

Key trends:
    Aged 4 to 7, just one winner aged over 7 in last 31 renewals
    Horses carrying under 11st have a great record, just 2 winners carried over 11st since 2002
    Horses who won last time out have poor record, last winner was Macs Joy in 2004
    Must have run within last 63 days, 13 of last 15 winners ran in last 36 days
    No strong trainer guides, Henderson, Fahey, Evan Williams and Hobbs all had two winner

The weight trend is a struggle this year as only four will carry under 11st, of which three won last time out so that leaves us with Traditional Dancer at 33/1 !
    I'm prepared to include horses carrying 11st and a touch above and the one that I have backed is London Prize.

Winner of the Imperial Cup he then went for the Scottish Champion hurdle at Ayr and was bang in contention before getting the last all wrong and giving up plenty of ground, he wasn't given a hard time by Tom O'Brien after with a hand and heels ride but still finished best of them all and was under 4.5l off the winner at the finish.
    An neck ahead of him that day was L'Ami Serge who went to Sandown on Whitbread day and hacked up beating rivals like The New One, Ptit Zig and co, having previously failed by a narrow margin in the County hurdle, the form has had a fair boost.
    London Prize is up another pound but is a progressive type and having racked up a pair of flat wins on good ground last year he is likely to relish tomorrow surface.

12/1 each way has the look of a proper bet for me....

Might have to get a paramedic at the bottom of that cliff ready and waiting for you in London Prize fails tomorrow

I am just abpout to start looking at tomorrow's racing (albeit not as much as normal as I'm out at a wedding all day) but Peace and Co is by far the best horse in that race... however he has only ever encountered 'Good' in the going twice, his last 2 runs which were PU and 10/16 ... enough to look elsewhere for sure. I did back London Prize last time out so joking aside, I'll probably be leaning that way myself.

I can't resist Peace and Co yet again. He's miles better than these on the best of his form and showed enough at Ayr for me to give him one more go. Much prefer Jacob to McGrath so that is another positive for me.

Took 8/1 win only and each way doubled him with Donncha 14/1 and The Warrior 16/1 in the Victoria cup.

Good luck Ista.

Listened to the RPP and decided I'll just have the one bet tomorrow....

EW Super Yankee - Perfect Angel,Taamol,Mucho Applause,Holmeswood,Aclaim

Pays 44k

each way L.31. 1. hawkbill ,2.leshlaa ,3. perfect angel , 4. acclaim ,5. sinfonietta .

Fastnet Tempest running at Chester on Saturday... my local track .... might pop down