Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Phew.
    Phew indeed !!.

Comment

• saturday L.15 - 1.- Howzer black -ayr -3-10.
      2.- Gifted master - ascot - 5-00.
      3.- Sleeping lion - ayr - 5-05.
      4.- Black corton - ascot - 5-35.

Comment

• Quite a few I've ended up fancying today

Newcastle
        1.50 - Von Blucher - 5 places e/w (loads of money for this, this morning - Pricewise and Ben Linfoot of SL have tipped it which is probably why)

2.25 - Mr Lupton 4/1 - Invincible Army's form of his two wins is pants, didn't do well at Royal Ascot, have to take him on.

3.00 - Seamour - 20/1 4 places each way - Will have been laid out for today (over used phrase I know) but his record on this day alone warrents respect at 20/1 prices

3.35 - Ian Williams - Made the case for Shabeeb on the Northumberland Plate thread, and I've also backed his other two runners, Time To Study and Speedo Boy. Dubawi Fifty and Desert Skyline are also very close to being backed

York A friend of mine is off to York today and forced me to look through the card there2.45 - Impossible not to back Sir Maximilian at 16/1. I also think Flying Pursuit is over priced at 20/1 both 6 places. Wouldn't put anyone off Savalas either, I don't want to back him as well but it could happen
        5.05 - The overnight fav has drifted out a lot this morning... (Roman River), out to 9/1 which does look tempting but I came down on Boom The Groom in first time cheek pieces. Like that as an angle and he's a C&D winner. Fendale also really solid. Backed those 2.

Newmarket
        2.05 - Summer Romance to bolt up3.15 - I do really like Glorious Journey but you can get 11/2 - 4 places on Cardsharp and he won't be out of the first 4?!
        Curragh
        6.00 - David's Charm - Backed him plenty during the NH season, can't ignore him in this race.Pat myself on the back here... but after backing Anthony Van Dyke and Madhmoon ante-post for The Derby it's not as enticing to back either of them in the rematch at their current odds, so it'll just be a watching race.... and I'll be interested to see if AVD or Broome shape like the St Leger winner.Really looking forward to Siskin vs Monarch of Eygpt too

Good days racing, better weather.... have a great day all

Comment

• Magical at 4-1 for eclipse is pretty good value.
          Has to be a reasonable chance Enable is not at her very best, considering most things.
          I'd have them more like Evens and 5/2 ish.
          Regal reality is a fair price if it runs similar to last time out (probably needs a bit more obviously)
          It's hard to make a case for the rest although 3yr olds can do well so Telecaster (if we blame epsom for his last effort) might run well.

6pts magical 4-1 for me.

Comment

• I just don’t see Enable being beat, she was so impressive on debut last year being fresh isn’t a concern for me

Comment

• Mustashry placed for me. Big odds for a Group 1 winner and hoping he can get back to his best

Comment

• I’m at Sandown today and I’m on these (some places over the last week or two):

1:50:
                - Muthmir @ 7/1 E/W
                - Kurious @ 12/1 E/W
                - Sergei Prokofiev @ 4/1

2:25:
                - Lush Life @ 12/1 E/W
                - Mojito @ 9/1 E/W

3:00:
                - Muchly @ 11/2 E/W
                - Hidden Message @ 6/1 E/W

3:35:
                - Enable @ 3.15 (exchange)

4:10:
                - Magical Wish @ 10/3

4:45:
                - Falcon Eight @ 15/8 (NAP)

5:20:
                - Sashenka @ 12/1 E/W

Comment

• I think Frankie will be among the winner again today so permed his rides in the first 6 races.

Comment

• Enable was excellent today, looked as good as ever. Be tough in the arc though conceding weight to the three yr olds. I'll be trying to get her beat again I reckon.

Don't half get on my wick though, these after race interviews with Gosden and other top trainers, 85% fit etc etc.

Apart from it being practically impossible to know, it's not ideal for a sport so heavily reliant on betting.
                    Had she lost and he said the same (might not have done) then punters would've been entitled to be a bit miffed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                      I’m at Sandown today and I’m on these (some places over the last week or two):

1:50:
                      - Muthmir @ 7/1 E/W
                      - Kurious @ 12/1 E/W
                      - Sergei Prokofiev @ 4/1

2:25:
                      - Lush Life @ 12/1 E/W
                      - Mojito @ 9/1 E/W

3:00:
                      - Muchly @ 11/2 E/W
                      - Hidden Message @ 6/1 E/W

3:35:
                      - Enable @ 3.15 (exchange)

4:10:
                      - Magical Wish @ 10/3

4:45:
                      - Falcon Eight @ 15/8 (NAP)

5:20:
                      - Sashenka @ 12/1 E/W

With Sashenka a non runner, I backed Marronnier and Pempie.

So 6 winners and a 2nd from the 7 races.

Comfortably my best ever day at the races.

Comment

Noticed you looked like you were going well today.
                        Enjoy it.
                        It's not every day you're king of the world.

Comment

• Fantastic betting MoM, hope you enjoyed your day at Sandown. I had a Mojito/Ehibarr double coke in but nothing much else but ended up a few quid up so happy

Comment

That's awesome !! , Well done M.o.M , I was annoyed with myself , Picked out Kurious in the 1-50.
                            and then let the R.post talk me out of it with Garrus..... Good on you anyhow!.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              Enable was excellent today, looked as good as ever. Be tough in the arc though conceding weight to the three yr olds. I'll be trying to get her beat again I reckon.
                              You rate this years crop of 3yo Quevega ?
                              Race conditions obviously favour 3yo, especially fillies, not sure I've seen anything capable of getting near Enable though, even getting 4lb/7lb.
                              Always a chance something improves with maturity I guess...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                You rate this years crop of 3yo Quevega ?
                                Race conditions obviously favour 3yo, especially fillies, not sure I've seen anything capable of getting near Enable though, even getting 4lb/7lb.
                                Always a chance something improves with maturity I guess...
                                Not especially, but even average 3yr olds tend to run well.
                                I’ve backed japan 12-1, mehdaayih 85-1 and Annapurna 28-1.
                                Sea of class is sadly ruled out and the french don’t look that good.
                                Big issue I have is the trainer of the two filly’s I really like probably don’t want them to win or even run.
                                Could do with a stone bruise for enable from a financial perspective.
                                But the three yr old filly’s with the weight allowance at that time of year continues to be a strong edge to follow

Comment

Working...
                                X