Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
    Nice one Kev, looks like you had a good day.
    Can someone please tell me how the hell Burnt Sugar went off 20/1, after a clear win in the Bunbury cup and raised just 3lbs, can't believe I didn't back it, put it up on the daily movers thread 2 weeks ago, mortified.
    I backed Cardsharp, who got beat well enough by Burnt Sugar before and was a shorter price this time, ludicrous decision

Comment

• Thanks all. A decent enough start to what will be a long and hopefully enjoyable week of betting! Plenty of ups and downs over the next 7 days I'm sure

Comment

• Was at Chrster today and Jamie Gormley should get a 6 day suspension for his ride on thelastglasgowwarrior

Comment

• Had a pretty decent week overall and looking forward to getting stuck in tomorrow. Loads of decent racing all over the place - not had a proper look yet but I have placed a lucky 15 on:

Procedure 2.10 Chelmsford - Got her act together last time and won nicely - I am slightly worried about her AW form BUT figured Stoute musn't be too concerned as he is trying again

Sun Maiden 3.00 Goodwood - Another for Stoute hopefully... Dee Ex Bee doesn't know how to win and although I do like DXB and adore SDS, I think he'll find one too good.

New Jazz 3.15 Newmarket - Shocked Frankie is not at Goodwood and this looks his best chance of the day. Serious money for either of the Godolphin newcomers will worry me but I am putting quite a lot of weight behind the jockey booking.

Phantasmic 4.25 Newmarket - Hopefully 'at least' an across the cards treble is on the cards for Sir Michael Stoute tomorrow, and the run behind Maid Up who franked the form earlier in the week is enough for me.

Comment

• 1:50 Goodwood - Relegate @ 16/1

2:25 Goodwood - Walton Street (NAP) @ 4/1

3:00 Goodwood - Sun Maiden @ 5/2

3:35 Goodwood - Sprint Loaded @ 12/1

2:05 Newmarket - Highgarden @ 4/1

2:40 Newmarket - Strings Of Life @ 7/1

I’ll be recording the racing and avoiding the results as I’ll be at Portman Road for the start of the new season.

Good luck all

Comment

• MoM - who do you think will out perform their odds in the championship?

I always put a season handicap bet on the top 4 leagues but haven't a clue about the championship this season - it looks impossible.

Comment

• Faugheen - same here, was even struggling with this weekend games let alone the season as a whole!

Stoke at 5/1 to win the whole thing just looks terrible but I’m struggling to make a case for anyone

Comment

• Pipers note has to be worth a little ew today I reckon, loves the track and has a perfect draw in stall 1

Comment

• Also added Teruntum star, just stuck it on the daily movers thread, has come in from double digits to as low as 8's and looks to be turning into a significant gamble.

Comment

• Growl in the Great St Wilfrid is my only bet today. 1pt ew 8/1

Comment

• Quiet day for me - wasn't going to back anything but ended up with 3:

1.50 Newbury - Dutch Treat 8/1 - 1 pt win - Was so tempted to just back the fav Boitron with Sky for the 'free bet' but I like Star Terms later on today and this fella finished right up with him last time and hopefully both win today.

3.00 Newbury - Squats Betunfair wouldn't let me have 12/1 earlier in thew week so had to settle for 7/1 today 1pt e/w Aa obvious handicap advantage on last year so I expect this to place at very least

3.15 Ripon Teruntum Star 1 pt e/w 9/1 - MrM has highlight this mover already

I imagine I'll back Star Terms 3.55 Newmarket as well although I don't want to be having a large bet at around evens on an uninspiring day. I might look to add him in to a trixie if I like a couple of others.

I might add Librisi Breeze actually in the 3.35 at Newbury. There is the worry about the lack of pace to run at but IF something does set an even gallop he's easily the best horse in the race isn't he?!

One more for the trixie....
                        Last edited by Kevloaf; 18 August 2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Well done on Squats Kev, won well I thought.

Comment

• I've had a decent double today on
                            Gustave Mahler 5/2, 2.50
                            Benny in Milan 7/4, 5.0
                            Also had a little ew on Rose tree 10/1, 4.25
                            All Southwell
                            Last edited by MrMcGoldrick; 19 August 2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• What an uninspiring days racing. One bet today Katiymann 20/1 4:00 Curragh. Looks to have been prepped for this having ran well in it last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                What an uninspiring days racing
                                Yep, not great, though the Abbott has one or two decent heats.

I've thrown a few darts on the TV races, nothing too exciting nut permed them together so will share selections tomorrow morning if one of the 100k trixies cop.
                                Good luck all

Comment

Working...
                                X