Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Weekend Racing

I had this year's ago with Betfred when a horse was 66/1 with them, and best price 20/1 everywhere else. They claimed palpable error, cancelled my bet and restricted a losing account to less than minimum bet.

The horse was stuffed for what it's worth but it has made me wary of taking prices that a hugely out of line with everyone else.

Good luck RC - hope you slip through the net

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
    We'll see, I managed to get 40 on at 25s, was declined for another tenner. Hoping it will stand as not sure they should be able to void a bet just because they were too slow to change their original price (admittedly they held the price for far longer than they should have). Different from when I had Footpad at 10/1 for the Irish Arkle when Sportingbet had clearly mixed their odds up and was subsequently voided...haha! Anyway if I don't comment again you can assume the bet stood.
    Absolutely, my advice would be do everything you can to stay under the radar, bring attention to your acc and and it might bring bad news.
    Only when you’ve had a few accs restricted do you realise the value of them...

Cheers FM and Ista totally get where you are coming from. I've only started taking the punting a bit more seriously the last 12 months, apart from being barred from promotions by 2 bookies, I haven't yet faced any restrictions. If I do start facing that issue I'll be a bit more conscious about getting accounts restricted from this sort of thing.

FM in your example above did they void the bet before the race?

It was cancelled within a couple of days RC. If it isn't cancelled beforehand then I think they'll have to honour it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    It was cancelled within a couple of days RC. If it isn't cancelled beforehand then I think they'll have to honour it.
    Thanks FM, hoping to lay my stake off on the day if I don't hear otherwise this week (and he lines up)..... it would be a wonderful twist if I did that then Betbright refuse to payout after it romps home...haha!