Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve plumped for Kingswell Theatre. Tea for Three can’t ever get the trip and will probably pull up again

Comment

• Quel Destin to get me some of yesterday's losses back and limit the damage.

Also each way doubled and trebled with urgent De gregaine and fav in first

Comment

• Took the early 13/2 on duc de beauchene last night and also backed the 2 V's Valhalla and Volcano, valhalla looked to be running ok last time and his mark is well low in comparison to past form, the ground may suit an older horse. Backed Volcano cos the jockey looks good.

Solstice star and kingswell in the x country, trainer has record in race and kingswell won it previously.

backed the kettle for the laugh really, think trump will probably win.

Defi and time flies by double, and backed time flies by for champion bumper also.

Took 14-1 Dame de compagnie on friday 4pts win (surprised it's been backed but encouraging) shit renewal though, also backed Humble hero.

No bet in supreme trial - they all look shit.

Comment

• Well done Q - nice price as well!

Comment

• Rolling Dylan ew 9/1

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
              Took the early 13/2 on duc de beauchene last night and also backed the 2 V's Valhalla and Volcano, valhalla looked to be running ok last time and his mark is well low in comparison to past form, the ground may suit an older horse. Backed Volcano cos the jockey looks good.

Solstice star and kingswell in the x country, trainer has record in race and kingswell won it previously.

backed the kettle for the laugh really, think trump will probably win.

Defi and time flies by double, and backed time flies by for champion bumper also.

Took 14-1 Dame de compagnie on friday 4pts win (surprised it's been backed but encouraging) shit renewal though, also backed Humble hero.

No bet in supreme trial - they all look shit.

Comment

• You're have quite the day mate. Well done

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                  Looking forward to today, always less busy

12.45 - Don’t Shout @ 7/1 & Applesandpieeres EW @ 40/1
                  1.15 - Kingswell Theatre @ 5/1

For the next I am going to back Getaway Trump them roll winnings onto Politilogue. I love DDS & have never been Politilogue’s biggest fan but he has the best 2m form in the race, runs exceptionally well fresh and I trust DDS less first time up.

3.00 - Quel Destin @ 7/1 & Harambe @ 16/1

GL all
                  Finish on a high!

Comment

Well done quevega, that is a tidy day!

Comment

• This week should be Cyrname 11/8 vs Altior 8/13 week.
                      If PP persist with the prices around what they are now.
                      If 6/4 or better pops up after final declarations on Cyrname it's nearly maximum bet time for me.

Comment

This week should be Cyrname 11/8 vs Altior 8/13 week.
                        If 6/4 or better pops up after final declarations on Cyrname it's nearly maximum bet time for me.

Total agreement here.

Comment

This week should be Cyrname 11/8 vs Altior 8/13 week.
                          Sometimes it's better to bet with your heart than your head for smaller stakes though

By sometimes, I mean, once every few years... when THE best horse in training is going on to attempt something that surely deep down you WANT to happen anyway....

Eeeeeevveerrrryyyy single podcast I listen to this week is going to say "the sensible bet is Cyrname at the price" and I'll be thinking, yes I know, I don't care.

This doesn't mean I'll be having a max bet on Altior

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Sometimes it's better to bet with your heart than your head for smaller stakes though

By sometimes, I mean, once every few years... when THE best horse in training is going on to attempt something that surely deep down you WANT to happen anyway....

Eeeeeevveerrrryyyy single podcast I listen to this week is going to say "the sensible bet is Cyrname at the price" and I'll be thinking, yes I know, I don't care.

This doesn't mean I'll be having a max bet on Altior

The track really does suit Cyrname.... that’s a 10lbs swing right there given Altior appears to jump right nowadays. Also think Altior is 5lbs better with that Cheltenham hills

All points towards Cyrname.

However!!!!!! I can’t stand the horse. My personal connection with Altior makes it difficult for me to bet in this race

It’s a race where I really want Altior to win, and Cyrname to lose. I’d be gutted if Cyrname was the one to topple Altior. But I’m concerned that ascot will not play to Altior s strengths

Comment

• The Altior/Cyrname clash will grab all the headlines today but not convinced that's a betting heat, one to watch and enjoy.
                              So my darts have landed:

Ascot
                              2.40 Roksana - 9/4 win
                              3.20 Capeland - 7/2ew

Haydock
                              1.50 Irish Roe 14/1 ew
                              2.25 Echiquer 25/1 ew
                              3.00 Frodon 11/2 win
                              3.40 Perfect Candidate 9/1 ew

Good luck all

Comment

• 12.05 - Ballinsker @ 7/1
                                1.50 - Irish Roe @ 10/1
                                2.25 - Lisnigar Oscar @ 7/1
                                2.40 - If The Cap Fits @ 3/1
                                3.00 - Capeland @ 5/1

In the Altior & LIT camp for the two big ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X