Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Weekend Racing

FM

Peace & Co's issues are in his head, not his physical health.
    The horse has ideas of his own though the fact Hendo is getting him back on the track suggests he may think he's in a better place...

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    FM

Peace & Co's issues are in his head, not his physical health.
    The horse has ideas of his own though the fact Hendo is getting him back on the track suggests he may think he's in a better place...
    He's drifted out to 14/1 so perhaps all isn't well with him

I saw the 14s and that that was a ridiculous price so took it. Only PP/BF going that price... can't imagine they know anything in particular? - Nicky Hendo is 9 from 29 with horses in a first time hood .... Plus for P&C tomorrow.... just seen on RUK

12's for London prize too.... took that.

They are my only bets so far, but I am going to delve in now ready for tomorrow
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 04-21-2017 at 08:16 PM.

I like Ozzie The Oscar 12/1 for this race, ran a cracker in the County, lightly campaigned just like the fav (Winter Escape), though not willing to take 5/1 on him.

Couple of picks in the 2 big races at Ayr tomorrow. Looks a proper good card throughout though.

Scottish Champion Hurdle

Sceau Royal - 9/1
    Kevin Dowling takes off 10lbs and has run some decent races (4th at the festival on The Tourad Man). Good to soft (good in places) at the moment and should dry out further by the time this race goes off which will suit this horse perfectly. Bar his run in the Fighting Fifth has run well all season. His 6th in the CH is the best piece of form in the race. Looked the winner at Wincanton too but likely just couldn't quicken on the soft ground. Dangers lie in the 2 unexposed and progressive horses in the form of both Mohayaad and Winter Escape who both ran well in the County.

Scottish Grand National

Vintage Clouds 16/1 EW
    7 Year olds have won 2 of the last 4 runnings. Step up in trip looks ideal. The Grand National Trial at Haydock has worked out very well with the 1st, 2nd and 4th running big races in the English Grand National. Rarely runs a bad race. As long as his jumping holds up he should be involved in the finish. Coming back from a fall at the festival but that Haydock run was also off the back of a fall so hopefully it won't have left a mark.

Sugar Baron 20/1 EW
    Another 7 year old. Henderson looks to have a strong hand in the race and there's not much between the Kim Muir pair of Premier Bond and Sugar Baron but i'm tempted to side with SB at double the odds. Didn't have the smoothest of runs in the Kim Muir and i don't think Cheltenham really suits this horse. Ayr should really suit having showed his best form on galloping tracks so far - 111F0 compared to 346600 elsewhere.

Darts everywhere today but Ayr being the focus:

1.40 Bells and Banjos 10/1 e/w and Final Nudge 9/1 e/w
    2.10 Clan des Obeaux 3/1 win
    2.45 London Prize 12/1 e/w and Traditional Dancer 28/1 ew
    3.20 Yorkist 13/2 e/w
    3.55 Firebird Flyer 66/1 e/w and Alvarado 25/1 e/w
    5.40 Flashy Glance 14/1/ e/w and Saint Freule 12/1 e/w

Good luck all

So Firebird Flyer ran like the 100/1 shot he was, clearly fallen out of love with the game.
    I wouldn't give up on London Prize yet, he was staying on when meeting the last all wrong which cost him momentum and several lengths but picked up again on the run in to finish less than 5l off the winner, would have gone very close and likely to see his mark unchanged so very well worth backing next time....