Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Racing

Seems like a few people on this forum would have had a good day. Very impressed by Altior and Native River. If Kalashnikov is really better suited by good ground then he must have a realistic chance in a fairly open Supreme.

On a totally unrelated note: just wanted to update everyone on Bay of Freedom. Time for patience: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...3wkmflfnowcdei

Quote Originally Posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
    Seems like a few people on this forum would have had a good day. Very impressed by Altior and Native River. If Kalashnikov is really better suited by good ground then he must have a realistic chance in a fairly open Supreme.

On a totally unrelated note: just wanted to update everyone on Bay of Freedom. Time for patience: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...3wkmflfnowcdei
    Hope the change of plan works out for you. A shame about the Midlands National!

Interesting write up that B.o.F , Look forward to the Kerry national , see if there's a marked improvement .
    On a lighter note , can i suggest you get an Alpacca to keep your horse company ,
    and call it "Sweet Home".

Good luck with getting BOF back to health. The main concern is the well being of these amazing animals, racing is secondary.

Scoir Mear needs to win well today to have any chance of running in the Close Brothers at Cheltenham. I think he is better than his current mark of 127.

He's my only bet today at 4/1.

Wild West Wind my bet for today, managed to get 5's last night, long gone now, I've posted in the GN thread that 365 have a special on him to win today then go on to win the GN at 100/1, was available for decent money last night, only a few quid now, but still holding the price

The Presenting Percy / Our Duke race looks to have them priced on reputation more than what they've done?.... l

Last years winner Balleycasey is 16/1 and A Toi Phil 7/1 also has better form at the distance too. Valsuer Lido 7/1 would need to bounce back to form from previous seasons but his place behind Vautour is ALSO better than anything the front 2 have done so far?

I of course want PP and OD to both perform well so not had a bet, but does look to be priced slightly incorrectly. PP 6/5 is very short?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
    Wild West Wind my bet for today, managed to get 5's last night, long gone now, I've posted in the GN thread that 365 have a special on him to win today then go on to win the GN at 100/1, was available for decent money last night, only a few quid now, but still holding the price
    I liked WWW too today but missed that price last night. Good luck MrM

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I liked WWW too today but missed that price last night. Good luck MrM
    Cheers FM, appears to be drifting at th mo, touched 9/4, now back out to 3/1, nothing much being backed against it though, would be a mighty performance from Blacklion to win under top weight in the forecast heavy ground

I really slow down the weekends before Cheltenham, which for me today looks like this - A win yankee on...

Virak at 5/4 in the last at Haydock is going to be one of my bets today. As the SL preview puts much more effectively than I can - he won 5 of his 19 starts including a course and distance win. I'm fairly local to Haydock Park and am a believer that course form in heavy ground is incredibly valuable so I expect him to get the job done today. (Bristol De Mai probably agrees)

Agrapart is 8/13 and very obnvious on heavy ground up against Boite who might not stay and Zarkandar who just isn't that good anymore (hopefully)

Ch'tibello 6/4 In danger of becoming a bit of a cliff horse and a nearly horse because he keeps finding one too good ... but it looks between him and Call Me Lord and Call Me Lord keeps making mistakes at his hurdles (when he beat Dolos at Sandown) and when he didn't win at Huntindon. He clearly has an engine but I am hopeful today that experience for Ch'tibello is enough to see off Call Me Lord. (The price difference between them in the CH should be reflected in the market for me and it isn't....)

Last one I will add is Up For Review because the support for him is noticable and he looks only to have his stable mate to beat and Some Neck has been expensive to follow in his career so far... always finds one too good.

Interested to see Sao and Saldier in regards to the Triumph but not going to back either today.

Will probably look to take on Black Corton today too but that'll be a last minute thing.... and if things are going well, Mountain Hunter (Andy Holding has tipped) at Meydan is a horse that I had a fantastic day on over the summer and I am following his career quite keenly... but that is flat so no one will care