Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Previews 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this OLGB preview ever coming back on?!

*** stream started as soon as I started moaning.

Anyone see the first half? Is it any good?

Best tips for Cheltenham Festival from expert tipsters. See what the profitable tipsters at OLBG are betting on and why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Is this OLGB preview ever coming back on?!
      I was thinking the same Kev, taking the piss

Comment

• We spoke to soon

Comment

• Enjoying Tom Malone v AP. Nice bit of edge. Is there a bit of history?

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
            Enjoying Tom Malone v AP. Nice bit of edge. Is there a bit of history?
            Seems like it! Not come across him before.

I think AP hates him. Although he always looks like he hates everyone haha

Comment

• Disappointing to hear Joe Tizzard say he thinks Thistlecrack was a good thing in the Gold Cup. What was stopping him saying "if they all get there, I think Thistlecrack is a good thing" People would be going nuts if other "trainers" had kept that information behind. There is no way he'd be saying that out loud if all 3 we're still in it?

Comment

• Also very interesting was Joe saying if he has his way lookimg at the Ryanair field CC would have gone there. Reading between the lines I dont see any reason to back CC even as a saver. He has basically said I think there will be 1 or 2 too good

Comment

• The Centuar Cheltenham Preview video is at https://www.facebook.com/OLBGUK/

The Punters Pal twitter fed

1992 THE LAST TIME A HORSE WON THE SUPREME ON THE BACK OF ONE RUN. AP LIKES BALLYANDY. #OLBG #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW
                  NOEL FEHILY APPARENTLY QUOTED AS SAYING ALTIOR BEST HORSE HE'S EVER SAT ON ACCORDING TO JOE TIZZARD. #OLBG #CHELTENHAM
                  FLYING ANGEL TO FOLLOW ALTIOR HOME SAYS AP. #OLBG #CHELTENHAM #ARKLE
                  @THE_DAILY_BETS I THINK PERSONALLY HIS PRICE IS A JOKE FOR A HORSE WHO HAS HAD LESS THAN THREE RUNS IN HIS LIFE
                  YANWORTH AND PETIT MOUCHOIR TO FIGHT OUT THE CHAMPION HURDLE FINISH. #OLBG #CHELTENHAM
                  BRAIN POWER DARK HORSE IN THE CHAMPION HURDLE. #OLBG #CHELTENHAM
                  MARES HURDLE 17 LINE UP - POTENTIALLY....LIMINI VS VVM...BUT WATCH OUT FOR APPLE'S JADE #OLBG #CHELTENHAM
                  LIFEBOAT MONA A HORSE WHO WILL MAKE LIMINI RUN, SAYS TOM. "HIGH CLASS MARE.." #OLBG #CHELTENHAM
                  APPLE'S JADE CAN'T BEAT VVM AT THE WEIGHTS, SAYS AP. #OLBG #CHELTENHAM
                  ADRIAN HESKIN SAYS VVM VS LIMINI WILL BE THE TOUGHEST CHOICE RUBY WALSH HAS TO MAKE ALL FESTIVAL. #OLBG #CHELTENHAM
                  SHATTERED LOVE IS A HORSE GORDON LIKES A LOT. I KNOW THAT MUCH. IF GOES CHELTENHAM WORTH A PUNT. #OLBG #CHELTENHAM
                  ACAPELLA BOURGEOISE CAUSING DIVISION. AP SAYS OVERRATED BASED ON LTO WIDE MARGIN WIN. "JOCKS FELL ASLEEP" #OLBG #CHELTENHAM
                  MIGHT BITE WILL BE SCARED OF THAT HILL, SAYS TOM. #OLBG #CHELTENHAM
                  WE'RE BACK IN THE @OLBG #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW **DAY 3** ON WE GO! LIVE TWEETING AS WE SPEAK FROM THE VENUE!
                  ADRIAN HESKIN: "YORKHILL...HE LIVES DANGEROUSLY...." #OLBG #CHELTENHAM
                  YORKHILL IS A TOP CLASS HORSE AND HE HAS THE BEST MAN ON HIS BACK TO GET HIM ACROSS THE LINE. - TOM & ADRIAN.
                  @THE_DAILY_BETS @TOMMALONE600 CHEERS FELLA, ANY CHANCE OF A @ TAG?
                  EMPIRE OF DIRT HAS TO BE RESPECTED. CONSISTENT OLBG TIPSTER HAS HIM FLAGGED UP TOO. UDS - GROUND IS *KEY*. #OLBG #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW @OLBG
                  AP, LIKE JAMIE CODD, FANCIES JEZKI TO CHASE HOME HARRY. LESS OPTIMISTIC, AS CODD WAS CLEAR HE STOOD A GREAT CHANCE #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW @OLBG
                  TOM MALONE: "MY NAP OF THE WEEK - UNOWHATIMEANHARRY". #OLBG #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW @OLBG
                  TOM MALONE: "TOMBSTONE...A HIGH CLASS HORSE...THEY'VE BEEN MAPPING HIM OUT ALL YEAR" #OLBG #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW @OLBG
                  AP MCCOY: "LANDOFHOPEANDGLORY...A BETTER HORSE ON BETTER GROUND..BY HIGH CHAPARRAL...WILL RUN GOOD RACE" #OLBG #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW @OLBG
                  AP: "HARD TO PICK HOLES IN DEFI DE SEUIL....VERY HARD TO PICK ANY HOLES." BANKER, PEOPLE? HMMM! #OLBG #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW @OLBG
                  AP: "I LIKE DEATH DUTY...ALL HE DOES IS STAY. GORDON VERY BULLISH ABOUT HIM" #OLBG #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW @OLBG
                  JOE TIZZARD: "ELEGANT ESCAPE..WILL RUN, NOT MATURE ENOUGH, 2 YRS YOUNGER THAN WEST APPROACH. BUT IN SAME BRACKET" @OLBG #CHELTENHAMFESTIVAL
                  JOE TIZZARD: "WE LOOK AT CUE CARD EVERYDAY..7 YEARS AGO HE WON THE CHAMPION BUMPER. INCREDIBLE HORSE" AGREED! @OLBG #CHELTENHAMFESTIVAL
                  AP MCCOY: "STATS AGAINST DJAKADAM, BUT MUCH PRETTER PREP. THERE AINT A HORSE LIKE DON COSSACK THIS YEAR". @OLBG #CHELTENHAMFESTIVAL
                  JOE TIZZARD: "NATIVE RIVER WASN'T A GOLD CUP HORSE 12 MONTHS AGO BUT HE'S SUMMERED (PROGRESSED) VERY WELL. " @OLBG #CHELTENHAMFESTIVAL
                  TOM MALONE: "NATIVE RIVER: 7 YEAR OLD, WON LAST 4 CHASES, WAS 155 WHEN WON HENNESSY - BUT HE'S UNFLAPPABLE" @OLBG #CHELTENHAMFESTIVAL
                  AP DROPS A BIG ONE: "MORE OF THAT IS THE ONLY HORSE TO BEAT ANNIE POWER WHEN SHE STOOD UP" BOOM!? #OLBG #CHELTENHAMFESTIVAL
                  TOM MALONE: "I NEARLY GOT SACKED OVER THIS HORSE!" (CHARLIE PARCS) AP MCCOY: "TELL NICKY HENDERSON THAT!" #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW @OLBG
                  AP: "EMPIRE OF DIRT, AS OPPOSED TO OUTLANDER, WOULD PREFER STAMINA TEST. DJAKADAM BIG CHANCE TOO. VERY OPEN" #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW @OLBG
                  TOM MALONE: "MOHAYED 50/1 IN SUPREME? 5TH IN GUINEAS & WOULD HAVE GONE CLOSE TO NEON WOLF BAR A MISTAKE". HMMM! @OLBG INTERESTING!!!
                  ADRIAN HESKIN FLAGS UP IMPULSIVE STAR IN THE PERTEMPTS AS ONE TO WATCH. @OLBG #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW
                  AP: "ON THE FRINGE LOOKS A PICTURE FOR A 12 YEAR OLD. HE'S A GOOD THING" VERY LOVELY CONFIDENCE BOOSTER THERE! #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW @OLBG
                  AP FLAGS UP TWO IN THE HANDICAPS: "ROCK THE WORLD & DRUIDS NEPHEW. HOLYWELL ALSO VERY CAPABLE OF WINNING". #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW @OLBG
                  HOPE YOU ENJOYED OUR LIVE TWEETING OF THE @OLBG #CHELTENHAMPREVIEW. WAS A FANTASTIC EVENT. NOW...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
                  Last edited by Old Vic; 13 March 2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Coral Preview in facebook too

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

CHAMPION HURDLE KICKS US OFF HERE #CORALPREVIEW
                    COUCH ON CHAMPION HURDLE: "BRAIN POWER EACH WAY FOR ME" #CORALPREVIEW
                    DAN SKELTON ON CHAMPION HURDLE: "CHI'TEBELLO HAS AN E/W CHANCE." #CORALPREVIEW
                    SUPREME NOVICES UP NEXT #CORALPREVIEW
                    COUCH: "THERE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE THAT MUCH HYPE ABOUT MELON" #CORALPREVIEW
                    .@SICLARE: "MELON WILL GO OFF FAVOURITE, MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE MULLINS FACTOR"
                    WE HAVE 2X PAIRS OF BOX TICKETS FOR LADIES DAY (WORTH £600 EACH) FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN SEND YOUR QUESTIONS TO THE PANEL. USE #CORALPREVIEW
                    DAN SKELTON: "MELON HAS THE LEAST EXPERIENCE, BUT DOESN'T MEAN HE DOESN'T HAVE THE BIGGEST ENGINE." #CORALPREVIEW
                    COUCH: "ALTIOR WINS BUT ROYAL CAVIAR WITHOUT ALTIOR FOR ME" #CORALPREVIEW
                    MARES' HURDLE DISCUSSION COMING UP #CORALPREVIEW
                    COUCH: "I'M NOT CERTAIN VVM WILL RUN IN THE MARES, SHE MAY GO TO THE STAYERS'"
                    COUCH KEEN ON JER'S GIRL AS AN EACH WAY CHANCE IN THE MARES. #CORALPREVIEW
                    WHEN YOUR MATE TRIES TO TELL YOU THAT ALTIOR DOESN'T WIN THE ARKLE. #CORALPREVIEW
                    COUCH LIKES NOBLE ENDEAVOUR IN THE ULTIMA HANDICAP CHASE. "IT'S A REAL IMPROVER"
                    CLOSE BROTHERS NOVICES' HANDICAP CHASE: @DSKELTONRACING: "VALUE AT RISK HAS A GREAT CHANCE."
                    COUCH: "I LIKE IT'SAFREEBEE" SI CLARE : "VALUE AT RISK FOR ME" #CORALPREVIEW
                    NEPTUNE UP NEXT #CORALPREVIEW
                    COUCH "I THINK NEON WOLF WOULD WIN IN EITHER RACE IT WAS ENTERED IN." #CORALPREVIEW
                    COUCH: "THE RSA REALLY DEPENDS ON THE GROUND, I'M NOT KEEN ON MIGHT BITE"
                    .@DSKELTONRACING "I LIKE MY HORSE MISTER MIYAGI, HE'S GOT A GOOD CHANCE" #CORALPREVIEW
                    FRED WINTER. COUCH: DIVINE BERE "HE'S GOT A STONE IN HAND". #CORALPREVIEW WATCH:
                    CROSS COUNTRY: @DSKELTONRACING: "I CAN'T LOOK PAST THE TOP TWO CANTLOW OR CAUSE OF CAUSES.
                    CHAMPION BUMPER: @DSKELTONRACING: "CAUSE TOUJOURS HAS GOT EVERYTHING."
                    CHAMPION BUMPER: COUCH: "THE FORM HORSE IS WESTERN RIDER." SKELTON: "I FEAR CARTER MCKAY"
                    COUCH: "I CAN'T SEE ANYBODY OPPOSING UNOWHATIMEANHARRY" #CORALPREVIEW
                    .@NICKLUCK "THE ONLY CONCERN IS IF THE GROUND REALLY QUICKENS BEFORE THURSDAY"
                    RYANAIR: @SICLARE "UN DE SCEAUX IS SHORTENING IN PRICE"
                    .@DSKELTONRACING "UXIZANDRE REALLY IMPRESSED BE ON HIS COMEBACK".
                    STILL TIME TO GET HARRY AT 6/4. #CORALPREVIEW
                    RYANAIR: SKELTON: UXIZANDRE COUCH: EMPIRE OF DIRT NICK LUCK: EMPIRE OF DIRT #CORALPREVIEW
                    SKELTON: "NOTHING HAS THE SAME QUALITY AS YORKHILL IN THIS RACE."
                    COUCH: "YORKHILL IS MY BET OF THE CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL." #CORALPREVIEW
                    GOLD CUP! COUCH: "I'LL BE LAYING CUE CARD, I CAN'T HAVE IT AT ANY PRICE." #CORALPREVIEW
                    BROWN ADVISORY COUCH: "DIAMOND KING FOR ME" SKELTON: "I AGREE." #CORALPREVIEW
                    .@NICKLUCK "CUE CARD BEATS NATIVE RIVER." #CORALPREVIEW
                    .@DSKELTONRACING FEELS CUE CARD DIDN'T NEED TO GO TO ASCOT.
                    .@DSKELTONRACING "NATIVE RIVER IS GOING TO BE THE HARDEST HORSE TO BEAT IN THIS RACE."
                    NO MENTION FOR DJAKADAM YET! #CORALPREVIEW
                    TRIUMPH HURDLE: @DSKELTONRACING "THE HORSE I LIKE IS MASTER BLUEYES. HE LOVES GOOD GROUND"
                    TRIUMPH HURDLE: COUCH: "CHARLI PARCS" @SICLARE "DEFI DU SEUIL" SKELTON: "MASTER BLUEYES" PANEL SPLIT ON THIS RACE! #CORALPREVIEW
                    ALBERT BARTLETT: "DEATH DUTY IS A SURE THING FOR ME"
                    .@SICLARE "THE 7 RACES ON THE LAST DAY OF CHELTENHAM ARE IN THE TOP 20 BETTING RACES (FLAT & JUMPS) IN THE WHOLE YEAR"
                    FOXHUNTERS: COUCH AND SKELTON AGREE ON THE FRINGE VERY TOUGH TO BEAT. #CORALPREVIEW
                    .@NICKLUCK KEEN ON LE PREZIEN FOR THE GRAND ANNUAL.
                    COUCH: "ALL THE HORSES MISSING THIS YEAR WON'T MEAN A THING, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT ROAR." #CORALPREVIEW
                    COUCH: "THE OTHER 51 WEEKS OF THE YEAR WE GET BADGERED BY OUR WIVES, KIDS AND THE TAXMAN" "CHELTENHAM IS OUR WEEK" #CORALPREVIEW
                    .@NICKLUCK BET FOR THE @IJF_OFFICIAL MIGHT BITE
                    THANK YOU FOR JOINING US FOR THE CORAL CHELTENHAM PREVIEW! HOPE YOU ENJOYED! #CORALPREVIEW
                    Last edited by Old Vic; 13 March 2017, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• I didnt write notes and normally have a pretty shocking memory so make of the below what you will

Supreme: Melon could be anything and at the prices not worth touching. Ballandy was most popular vote. River Wylde had quite a shout.

Arkle: Altior. A Squeek for a hares breath and flying angel at bigger prices for a place. Have heard Charbel they are pretty happy will follow Altior home.

Champion Hurdle: Biggest vibes were Yanworth. Havent actually backed this but could be a lumpy on the day. He always just does enough, Moonracer a couple gave mentions to, Petit Monchour hard to tell form. Not a lot of love for Buveur.

Mares Hurdle: Lifeboat Mona had quite a strong mention for an ew. But general consensus was VVM is clearly not right, may not even go. Limini as chosen by Ruby is the unanimous verdict.

Neptune: Was pretty much all about Neon Wolf. Bacardys to follow home but could pick up the pieces. They did like the form of Bacardys but vibes were Neon Wolf is too classy.

Coral Cup: Tombstone - Get on! Wherever he runs get on. It was unanimous and AP said he spoke to GE and the more they were talking, 4th in Supreme I think they said. Only raised a pound for last win, was very nearly supplemented for Champion Hurdle. AP was very big on it as was one or 2 others.

RSA: Quite a split this race. The Bloodstock guy is adamant that Might Bite will get lit up and do something stupid like hit a railing or run backwards. He said he would not get up the hill. He really was very very negative on his chances. Acapella divided opinion - a couple like him, a couple think he only has one style and at Cheltenham the other jockeys wont get caught out. Alpha Des Obeaux was the other one. But probably one of the hardest races based on the panels vibes

Queen Mother: Douvan. Joe Tizzard was pretty confident on Fox Norton following him home. Most were saying Douvan is a great horse but who knows how great as had nothing to compare against. Altior next year might see that change. I think this was were JT said Sizing Granite they thought could be very good. He may not win at Cheltenham but they said Aintree he would be bang there.

Cross Country: AP said couldnt really pick between Cantlow and CoC. I think general consensus was that CoC may have to big a gap to find, but if he was there or thereabouts near the finish then seemed to suggest he would be the one.

JLT: Yorkhill if he stays up was a very positive vibe.

Ryanair: Not a lot of love for UDS unless soft. Big vibes on EofD if it runs and Uxizandre if the ground is good or better. Said Uxizandre is massively ground dependant.

Stayers: Unowhatimeanharry: Unanimously popular. Jezki a very classy horse and is produces could be a threat but they were fairly sure on the fav with Jezki to follow home:

Triumph: DDS they were all pretty keen on. Then a major argument between AP and Bloodstock guy. Bloodstock guy saying Charli Parcs has no chance and is a poor horse. AP saying Nicky told him Charli Parcs is a very good horse and they were massively disappointed with its last run before it fell. Then a squeek for Landofhopeandglory. Thinks better ground will suit and good place prospects.

Foxhunters: onthefringe!

Albert Bartlett: DD. Then quite a big shout for The Worlds End. Said its form lines were very good, had been franked and would stay all day. A very confident each way were the vibes I got.

Gold Cup: Bloodstock guy very very keen on Native River. Thistle would have won and was a good thing from Joe Tizzard. Joe also said if he had his choice looking at Ryanair field he would of sent Cue Card there. That to me was very telling and I wouldnt back CC now. Although a lovely story if he did win. More of that at a good price AP has said has a great chance in an open year. Djakadam could win or find one to good again. EofD if he runs a good each way. I took from the vibes Native River and More of that as an each way alternative at the prices.

That was done without notes so apologise if anything is not 100% accurate but that is what I took from watching the preview in the Centaur last night.
                      Last edited by horseflyuk; 13 March 2017, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• I have looked for feedback from Hollow Bottom bit no luck as yet ...if you see one let us have it.

Comment

Working...
                        X