Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Previews 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
    Not much of a chance I dont think but does anybody know of one in or around Nottingham? Would live to try one out but can't travel too far
    Cant see much last year Ryan - Warwick normally have one but guess that is over an hour ?

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      It's a private one OV, run by the syndicate Lets Live Racing.
      Used to be at the Royal Oak, Prestbury, moved to the football ground a couple of years ago, limit of around 200 I guess.
      Mark Ball (heads up the syndicate) won't be competing with any other preview, I thought the Centaur evening was on the Sunday, has this just changed ?
      Your right Ista and I remember your posts from it last year. I know Davy does loads of these but he is probably best informed man in country by time he gets there ! Paul Jones always worth listening too. Noce touch to have Ryan Hatch on the panel. Hope he is on the mend.

Comment

That wouldn't be too far from back home in Birmingham, will have to see who I can grab to go with

Comment

I've only gone and snagged two free tickets to Betfair's cheltenham preview night with rich ricci on the 1st march at the Mayfair hotel in London, invite only event as well..!!

Comment

Originally posted by gjt7756 View Post
            I've only gone and snagged two free tickets to Betfair's cheltenham preview night with rich ricci on the 1st march at the Mayfair hotel in London, invite only event as well..!!
            Excellent. What a night that will be. We will expect a full report though GJT

Comment

Minute my minute updates gjt please

How on earth did you get them?!

Comment

I think they stream that betfair evening....

Comment

Is that the one where they were enhancing some prices last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    Is that the one where they were enhancing some prices last year?
                    Yep I remember them enhancing both Min and Thistlecrack during the night along with a few others. This was it:

Day one of the 2016 Cheltenham Festival discussed by MC Denis Kirwan, champion trainer and Betfair Ambassador, Paul Nicholls, leading jockey Davy Russell, jo...

Comment

I remember settling in with some beers for that last year, I think I Might have even turned down a pub visit.

Comment

Sorry slight typo mistake by me it's not betfair it's betbright, got accounts with both!! I got an email saying I had been selected and invited to come, I have an account with betbright and fair play to them last year I won a prize draw with them because I had an ante post bet for royal ascot I got two free tickets to royal ascot with a free bar, waitress service and 4 course dinner, they were worth about £300 each...!! Not bad, can only assume as I've had a few antepost punts for cheltenham with them is why I got selected

Comment

Also on the night is Paul kealey, Noel Hayes, nico de Bonville and nick luck is the mc, should be good and of course will have full updates will have to do it on the night as with the free cocktails I might not remember in the morning and will be looking back myself on here to remember!!

Comment

That sounds fantastic. I'll swap you my ante post book on the Supreme for your preview tickets

Comment

Also on the night is Paul kealey, Noel Hayes, nico de Bonville and nick luck is the mc, should be good and of course will have full updates will have to do it on the night as with the free cocktails I might not remember in the morning and will be looking back myself on here to remember!!
                              A great panel. I don't have a BetBright account but I'm going to join up!

Comment

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                                Brian Hughes - jockey
                                Andy Gibson - proform
                                Marten Julian - dark horses
                                Trevor harris - star sports

Really good mate. I'll keep you posted for this year.
                                Haydock date confirmed:

Cheltenham Festival Preview Night
                                Monday March 6th at 7.30pm
                                Haydock Park is again hosting a preview night in association with Northern Racing Club.

Northern Racing Clubs website gives more detail & how to order a ticket - Brian Hughes & Andy Gibson confirmed again so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X