Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

ITV and C4 coverage of horse racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i'd give the Itv programme a 7/10 at the mo , pretty good overall , but certainly room for improvement .On the morning show , On wednesday , they discussed the Neptune hurdle , Or should i say the Neon wolf and bacardys hurdle !!!!. I did'nt hear another horse mentioned in the 5 minute preview , and as for Matt chapman diving into peoples cars , ??? !!! , h'es definitely a Marmite Maniac. !.

Comment

After 4.2miles the gladiator and his magnificent horse should walk into the ring to the roar of the masses at Aintree. what did we get, a jockey walking on his own carrying his saddle. So the Animal rights groups, minority special interests groups are finally dictating to the masses. What a shambles ITV. An ITV vet dictating policy is about the most misguided load of nonsense I've ever witnessed at a sporting event. If ever you wanted to turn-off a racing fan you succeeded in no uncertain terms. Roll on the Irish National where the lunatics are not running the asylum.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
        After 4.2miles the gladiator and his magnificent horse should walk into the ring to the roar of the masses at Aintree. what did we get, a jockey walking on his own carrying his saddle. So the Animal rights groups, minority special interests groups are finally dictating to the masses. What a shambles ITV. An ITV vet dictating policy is about the most misguided load of nonsense I've ever witnessed at a sporting event. If ever you wanted to turn-off a racing fan you succeeded in no uncertain terms. Roll on the Irish National where the lunatics are not running the asylum.
        You can see why they've done it though doc? For the one day a year when hunfreds of millions of eyes that don't normally tune in, get to see an (over-the-top?) effort about the well-being of horses. I wouldn't think it is entirely ITV's decision to do that either, I know they would have the choice of whether to cover it, but it must have been a decision that was out of their hands? Bit harsh to condem them for reporting on what was happening. I could be wrong about that, but even so... I think it is understandable. Having Matt Chapman explain betting %s seemed more of a waste of time to me, but if a few learnt something and tune in next week it is good for the sport?

ITV's coverage isn't aimed at 'us'... so I think they're doing a good job. It does look more 'fun' now that it did before. We have ATR and RUK ...

Comment

Yeah, wouldn't have been ITVs decision at all, BHA would have made that call on advice from Aintree vets, and let's remember that at 21 degrees conditions were exceptional.
          I think it was a fair decision...

Comment

I'm with Doc on this. I struggle with the hypocrisy of humans and media's approach to horse racing.
            I really enjoy it and have huge respect for those that risk their lives to provide our entertainment but if one horse was to die is it such a big deal? Every day tens of thousands of pigs, cattle, chickens etc. are slaughtered for us to eat, yet for some reason not one animal is allowed to die even if it's in the course of providing pleasure for millions. There's only one outcome in trying to de-risk the sport completely and that is a watered down spectacle.

If you think that is outrageous and callous I can only presume you won't be visiting McDonalds anytime soon.

Comment

Interesting posts chaps. Brough Scott was trying to make my point in an eloquent fashion. Ollie Bell couldn't stop mentioning watering down horses, fans, and how it was great that not 1 horse got injured. Brough kindly mentioned that it might be wise to mention the brave jockeys that risk life&limb. After all they are human beings and NOT animals. I await Frankie Detori jumping over his saddle after he's walked into the winners enclosure without his horse. It really has become a pathetic country run by the offendables.
              Last edited by doctorwu; 10 April 2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

I await Frankie Detori jumping over his saddle after he's walked into the winners enclosure without his horse.

Classic

Comment

"Quick Barry get a spoooon"

The huge difference is that the jockey chooses to put himself in that situation. The horse doesn't.

No-one wants to see bad things happen, but they do have the choice.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying, I just think we shouldn't be annoyed at ITV when it is out of their hands and they're just appealing to the masses, to generate more interest (and therefore money) in to the sport

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    "Quick Barry get a spoooon"

The huge difference is that the jockey chooses to put himself in that situation. The horse doesn't.

No-one wants to see bad things happen, but they do have the choice.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying, I just think we shouldn't be annoyed at ITV when it is out of their hands and they're just appealing to the masses, to generate more interest (and therefore money) in to the sport
                    When you continue to nurse the offendables every need those masses will continue to grow. The Media are setting the agenda, not appealing to the masses.
                    Last edited by doctorwu; 11 April 2017, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Our Duke was a brilliant winner of the Boylesports Irish Grand National at Fairyhouse on Easter Monday.

A lovely picture of horse and jockey being led into the overflowing winners enclosure. Thank god the Irish haven't let the faux-left social liberals run there racing institutions.
                      If you're bored one day try playing the game "the long march through the institutions"
                      To play the game? think of quango, or a public body, trust, or a charity, or something bigger, like the BBC. Google the name you've chosen, and find out who runs it or advices it. You'll begin to see that they're on quite a few of these. They will have NO connection with any of the institutions they represent. they will all be metro faux-left liberals.

Comment

Working...
                      X