Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Neptune Novices Hurdle 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
    I have a nice bet at 33/1 for the AB but it seems he isn't one of the Mullins talking horses
    I think it's just because he isn't a Wylie or Ricci horse. If he was he'd be shorter in the betting. He's one of the horses I've been chipping away at.

Comment

Only just seen the Tolworth yesterday and I think that he'd need to improve his jumping to win a Neptune? Awkward over a few, strange at the last. I can't quite weigh up what I've seen. He didn't run through the line and hasn't really beaten a great deal? Based on that run alone I wouldn't say he wants a step up in trip.

Looking at the comments regarding Death Duty, before he runs today, an impressive performance looking pacy might sway them to go for this race? They'll have plenty of 3 mile options because of the types of horse they by.... Blood Crazed Tiger and Bel AMi blah blah from today could easily get beaten and turn up with a chance in the AB? I am tempted to have a bit on at 8/1

Comment

I must say I was having this very debate with myself this morning, my whole AP book is filled with death duty in the AB, but he hasn't tried 3miles over hurdles yet, he appears to have plenty of pace, why is he 11/4 for the AB and 8/1 for the Neptune, especially when disposing of invitation only last time out, I am Concerned myself and hope Augusta Kate runs death duty close enough to day to at least give connections a firm nudge towards the AB

Comment

Looks like the market had it right for us gjt. Elliott has all but confirmed the Albert Bartlet is the target for Death Duty.

Think Augusta Kate would be a player in the Neptune? The 2m mares race might be too short? Hard to say where she'd have finished today but on a guess through DD she is ahead of IO?

Comment

Thanks Mayo

After watching the race at naas today I am sure it will be the AB for death duty
            Elliott has said he would only consider the Neptune if it turned up very soft at Cheltenham
            Which is unlikely
            He seems to be one of those horses who just plods on rather than having a burst of pace
            Similar at this stage to Don Poli I would say

Comment

Has there any comments made about Invitation Only's well-being? He's noticeably weak on the exchanges.

Comment

Not sure if he just doesn't feature but wasn't in Wylies 4 to follow on 'The Opening Show' yesterday..

Comment

That might explain it Rowebot. Was Ballyward mentioned?

Comment

Nope. Yorkhill, Bellshill, Nichols Canyon and Merie Devie.

Comment

Thanks. Nichols Canyon a surprise inclusion for me.

Comment

King gave updates on a few of his other Cheltenham Festival hopefuls, including Challow Hurdle winner Messire Des Obeaux, who is set to have one more run before a tilt at the Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle.

"He's a grand horse and has been very progressive this season," said King.

"He'll either go to Cheltenham on Trials Day or we'll go to Huntingdon for the Sidney Banks.

"He'll have an entry in the Supreme as well as the Neptune, but he won't be entered in the three-miler (Albert Bartlett). I think the Neptune is probably his race."

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                          He'll either go to Cheltenham on Trials Day or we'll go to Huntingdon for the Sidney Banks
                          Trial day really is shaping up to be an absolute cracker if the majority of the intended entries turn up

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                            Trial day really is shaping up to be an absolute cracker if the majority of the intended entries turn up
                            Yeah you're not wrong there.
                            Was a time Trials Day was about 2 or 3 races, now it's a great card...

Comment

Does anyone know if Invitation Only had an intended prep run before the festival? I know he drifted a fair bit a few days ago but that seems to have settled a bit now much like UNWIMH.

Despite his poor run against Death Duty his form is stacking up quite well. Multiple form lines boosted (Island Remede, Gunnery Sergeant etc) including Barra winning impressively a few days ago.

I'm not saying it will be Invitation Only but I do feel we may get one of these style novices - highly touted at the start of the season but putting in a poor run throughout the season. Either in the Supreme or Neptune I feel like we may look back at the winner and go yeah should have forgiven that poor run and whoever they'll be will show their true colours. Just a hunch...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                Yeah you're not wrong there.
                                Was a time Trials Day was about 2 or 3 races, now it's a great card...
                                Hopefully it will be. My first visit to HQ, should be a gooden

Comment

Working...
                                X