Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Neptune Novices Hurdle 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On good round, interesting... still taking a punt he doesn't run..

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
      Neon Wolf CONFIRMED for this race
      NAP?

Anyone concerned about the ground if it is good? I'm not. Enough to put anyone off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        NAP?

Anyone concerned about the ground if it is good? I'm not. Enough to put anyone off?
        NAP material Kev. Ground doesn't worry me. Better horse with a bit of cut but still good enough to win this on good

Comment

• Everyone seems wild confident on Neon Wolf. Granted he's looked impressive, he wont get ideal ground.

Worth a lay at current 2/1, i think in anticipation of going off a bit bigger on the day IMO.

Possible that Lets Dance shows up and i think with her and Bacardys, there will be plenty willing to take him on.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
            Everyone seems wild confident on Neon Wolf. Granted he's looked impressive, he wont get ideal ground.

Worth a lay at current 2/1, i think in anticipation of going off a bit bigger on the day IMO.

Possible that Lets Dance shows up and i think with her and Bacardys, there will be plenty willing to take him on.
            I'd be amazed if he didn't shorten up.

He has been whalloped in the betting, especially last time out. He was 2nd fav behind Finian's Oscar and has been clipped in to favorite. If Mullins doesn't win the Supreme, I can't see Bacardys getting backed more than Neon Wolf?

I agree he won't get his ground, but the opposition isn't up to much. Lets Dance could impact, but still more likely not to turn up in this race as it stands on the exchanges?

I'd be looking at that 2/1 thinking compared to Melon at 5/2 in the Supreme it is the best value bet of the week in the novice races?

Comment

• If you compare it solely to Melon perhaps, but Bacardys has course form and G1 winner LTO. I would base value on the horses they are up against more!

I would be surprised if you can't get bigger than 2/1 on the day at some point, not necessarily SP.
              Last edited by jack1092; 12 March 2017, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• I hope you're right jack, because I'll be going in again and again

Comment

• Does anyone know if Henderson has said anything about Beyond Conceit? Looking at the exchanges he seems supreme bound, but Hemdersin has River Wylde in there or nothing else prominent in the Neptune I believe, tempted to have a few quid at 140

Comment

• Originally posted by Unexposed View Post
                    Does anyone know if Henderson has said anything about Beyond Conceit? Looking at the exchanges he seems supreme bound, but Hemdersin has River Wylde in there or nothing else prominent in the Neptune I believe, tempted to have a few quid at 140
                    Yeah he confirmed on 'on the line' they're going for the supreme with beyond conceit

Comment

• kev i hope you've loaded up 3.84 on bet fair!

Comment

Everyone seems wild confident on Neon Wolf. Granted he's looked impressive, he wont get ideal ground.

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I'd be amazed if he didn't shorten up.

He has been whalloped in the betting, especially last time out. He was 2nd fav behind Finian's Oscar and has been clipped in to favorite. If Mullins doesn't win the Supreme, I can't see Bacardys getting backed more than Neon Wolf?

I agree he won't get his ground, but the opposition isn't up to much. Lets Dance could impact, but still more likely not to turn up in this race as it stands on the exchanges?

I'd be looking at that 2/1 thinking compared to Melon at 5/2 in the Supreme it is the best value bet of the week in the novice races?
                        Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        I hope you're right jack, because I'll be going in again and again
                        Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                        kev i hope you've loaded up 3.84 on bet fair!
                        jack1092

You were right - a lay.

Although went off 2/1

Amazing to see just how little conversation there was in MARCH 2017 compared to January 2021 though....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

jack1092

You were right - a lay.

Although went off 2/1

Amazing to see just how little conversation there was in MARCH 2017 compared to January 2021 though....
                          What are you doing on 2017 threads hahaha

Comment

What are you doing on 2017 threads hahaha
                            Haha, "You have to know the past to understand the present."

Combination of thinking about Finian's Oscar, Colin Tizzard, this forum, my opponent on chess taking ages to move and then my beloved Neon Wolf.

I was thinking earlier about Barters Hill too, he was aaaaaaaaaaaaabsolutely up there with horses I absolutely adored. I don't think I've loved a horse as much as these two in absolutely years.

Comment

Working...
                            X