Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham Festival question

I've been to the Festival meeting a couple of times on the coach which takes you straight to the track.

However, it is a pain waiting for the drunks to find their coach after the racing and last year we were waiting nearly two hours.

Decided to catch the train next year. Does anyone know if they offer a shuttle service down to the track as i believe the walk is a couple of miles from the station?

Yes - shuttle from train to track £2 ew I think

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
      Yes - shuttle from train to track £2 ew I think
      Many Thanks.

Comment

To be fair there are several thousand drunks trying to board the buses to town/station after racing and I'm told (never done it myself) the trains are horrific.
        I might have a few years on many in here but there's plenty to be said for staying overnight, you're then in no rush to leave the course and they lay on all sorts of entertainment after racing these days.
        Good luck

Comment

We've been going for the last few years and there are plenty of drunks (probably me included) but I've never seen one hint of trouble.

We always get the shuttle bus into town after racing. They are really busy but usually good fun.

Comment

I've also been to the last 3 festivals and I haven't actually had any issue getting the buses back into town. We watch the last race and then make a quick dash out to the buses - there's a queue but we've only had to wait 10 minutes or so. Not come across any trouble either

Comment

Working...
            X