Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Albert Bartlett Novices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being offered 14/1 for next year RSA and 25/1 for next year Gold Cup regarding Death Duty think I wait couple days then back the horse for either race.

Comment

Think I have a go tomorrow when I get paid. Stick 20 on each.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
        Think I have a go tomorrow when I get paid. Stick 20 on each.
        I think jono got offered a bigger price than 14s in the RSA (in the ante-post thread) and I would give Death Duty a 1% chance of going for the Gold Cup in his novice year..... young horse and Gigginstown have a tried and tested method and model that they stick too.

Comment

I prob use me old man account his with sky bet anyway if there bigger on there. Will try few bookies see what odds there all giving.

Comment

Anyone know if 365 have a price on this? Got a free bet with them I might throw at it if so

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
              With the good talk regarding Death Duty for this race I have just being speaking to a bookie only asking for a quote for Rsa or Gold Cup 2018 I let you guys know what quote I receive when I get the email back.
              I managed to get Death Duty for the RSA 2018 - 25's from Paddy Power and 16's from Coral. Both were requested bets. PP price didn't last though. I haven't checked since (a few weeks ago now) but Coral were the biggest price at 16's after I chased up with them all so i'd see if they are still offering that price

Comment

PP have a Cheltenham 2018 market, wanted to do a double on Altior and DD and some other multiples but it doesn't seem like you can

Comment

They are specials SH so they won't let you. If you have a PP shop nearby you may be able to sneak them on.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    They are specials SH so they won't let you. If you have a PP shop nearby you may be able to sneak them on.
                    None near me, could try coral however

Comment

I didn't see West Approach as the horse to shorten most today, but it was impressive and has to have a chance in novice company which it sounds like they're going to stick to now - I think the current 12/1 will look big in the day.

Comment

I really liked Wholestone's performance, he's best of the British for me.

Comment

Me too FM. I think the form has a really solid look and Wholestone is not flashy, but how many Albert Bartlett winners are?!

As JackieMoon pointed out when I mentioned that I liked Wholestone and West Approach last time they ran (before today) ... Peregrine Run (25/1) is over priced... on good ground I think could run well.

Comment

Wholestone looked good. But think it will also look good as he watches Death Duty's rear coming up the hill in March!!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              I really liked Wholestone's performance, he's best of the British for me.
                              Not sure he'll get his ideal conditions at the fez if NTD is right...

"...we came here as we were hoping for the softer ground.

He's a good galloper and the rain helped."

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                                Not sure he'll get his ideal conditions at the fez if NTD is right...

"...we came here as we were hoping for the softer ground.

He's a good galloper and the rain helped."
                                Yes agree with you Faugheen. A solid antepost bet at 10/1. Proven at the course and on all types of ground.

Twiston Davies horses often underrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X