Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Albert Bartlett Novices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
    I hope not!
    I had a dabble on the AB after his Cheltenham win... that would be yet another AP bet lost!

Agree that it's not one that I'll back today, given the conditions.
    Odds may be reflecting his chance too as he's now 3rd favourite. I'm hoping they ignore the outcome today and remember what he did last time out at Cheltenham when considering his target.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
      Odds may be reflecting his chance too as he's now 3rd favourite. I'm hoping they ignore the outcome today and remember what he did last time out at Cheltenham when considering his target.
      WIll have to see what mark he is after today.... if he does get in to a handicap, might be a decent price considering connections and previous Cheltenham form?

Comment

The storyteller was very impressive just then beating a solid field easily. Jumping is a bit suspect but he travels so well in his races think he's still available around 20-1

Comment

Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
          The storyteller was very impressive just then beating a solid field easily. Jumping is a bit suspect but he travels so well in his races think he's still available around 20-1
          Nice each way price. An Elliott 1-2 perhaps

Battleford yet again letting down last years bumper form.

Comment

I backed both after the race. There's something about Battleford even though he's looked pretty average in all his runs this season he travelled better today and I'm hoping he's just getting fitter for every run and maybe Cheltenham will bring a spark back to him. But a lot happier to be on the storyteller and his maiden hurdle earlier in the season where he finished second between Monalee and Turcagua looks like a solid piece of form.

Comment

That Death Duty, Monalee, Invitation Only form could turn out to be as good as anything we've seen so far!

Comment

Gives more hope for Invitation Only being a live player at the festival CCM

Comment

Could be a case of finding what you want to see in the case of IO in regards to his lateral form?

I fall in to that catogory having taken him at a shorter price than he is now so I like the optimism.

PP are just 14s for IO in this race though, 20s about elsewhere.... with Battleford not looking like he will be winning anything, maybe Wylie thinks IO has more chance in this?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Could be a case of finding what you want to see in the case of IO in regards to his lateral form?

I fall in to that catogory having taken him at a shorter price than he is now so I like the optimism.
                    Oh there's certainly some clutching at straws when it comes to IO and keeping the faith!

I'd still be surprised if they went for this race with IO. I'm not quite sure how they think they'd fare better against Death Duty again? I guess good ground could suit IO slightly more than DD but i'm struggling to see how the form would be turned around (approx 5 lengths) when everything suggests DD will relish a step up and likely improve for it too.

The Neptune probably has a bit more depth to it right now but hasn't got the calibre of Death Duty in it i don't think. (Haven't made my mind up on Finians Oscar yet)

Comment

I'd still say the Neptune is most likely, but if horses are running scared of DD, they could send a good one (IO) as a challenger, they aren't usually scared of one?

Augusta Kate could slot in as Ruby's Neppy mount? Speculative double maybe

Comment

And Saturnas to consider? Think he's definitely one that is slipping under the radar.

Yeah I have noticed PP have been shortest for the AB jono which is why I mentioned it really. Yeah Im keeping the faith Kev. Maybe Im pocket talking but I still think it was a funny ride by Ruby. And IO did stay on again in the last hundred of yards. Ruby will want a ride in every race and right now they have a big gap in the Albert Bartlett. That's why I was hoping Battleford would win today!

Comment

It maybe isn't the best indicator this year with so many of their horses disappointing but I still think you have to take some notice of the fact Patrick, Ruby, Willie and Wylie all talked up the horse as the best bumper prospect going hurdling this year at the start of the season. Horses can off course not live up to potential but i'm certainly not writing off his chances of running a big race at the festival yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                            And Saturnas to consider? Think he's definitely one that is slipping under the radar.

Yeah I have noticed PP have been shortest for the AB jono which is why I mentioned it really. Yeah Im keeping the faith Kev. Maybe Im pocket talking but I still think it was a funny ride by Ruby. And IO did stay on again in the last hundred of yards. Ruby will want a ride in every race and right now they have a big gap in the Albert Bartlett. That's why I was hoping Battleford would win today!
                            Hadn't really considered Saturnas for this race? Neptune or Supreme would be most likely if he contests the Deloitte?

Ruby would still be on Battleford, but I expect them to put a mare in it now as well as Battleford (Like Augusta Kate or Let's Dance). Arbre De Vie was probably in a similar situation when she ran in it?(Although I think Ruby was on Black Hercules that year and that WAS well fancied)

Comment

With the good talk regarding Death Duty for this race I have just being speaking to a bookie only asking for a quote for Rsa or Gold Cup 2018 I let you guys know what quote I receive when I get the email back.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                                With the good talk regarding Death Duty for this race I have just being speaking to a bookie only asking for a quote for Rsa or Gold Cup 2018 I let you guys know what quote I receive when I get the email back.
                                Skybet go 25/1 for AB '17 and RSA '18 mate

Could be worth a few quid, if he wins the AB then I'm guessing hes only going to be around 8s for the RSA, could be that Elliot sends him GC bound though :/

Comment

Working...
                                X