Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    From what I understand, it is death duty's target. I can't infringe WPM will want IO to take him on as this stage but here's hoping!

Would love to see IO vs DD this weekend.

Shades of Shaneshill vs No More Heroes from a few years ago so there's hope it may happen

Invitation Only vs Death Duty is on!

Do we fancy DD to step up to 3 miles and IO to stick at 2m4f?
    If so, do we fancy IO to triumph on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Leman14 View Post
    Do we fancy DD to step up to 3 miles and IO to stick at 2m4f?
    If so, do we fancy IO to triumph on Sunday?
    Won't have a bet... just be watching with interest. There is a possibility they both shorten for Cheltenham if the result looks right .... more likely that one bubble is burst though?

Should be a fantastic battle. I'm in a lovely position (for once) where by I have both horses to win at any race at the festival so I'm happy just to sit back and watch. I guess the perfect outcome would be for Invitation Only to just have a little bit more pace than Death Duty but I get the feeling Elliott thinks DD has plenty of speed himself and is keen to see if he could potentially cut it in the Neptune.

It's these sort of big clashes early in the season where bookmakers tend to overreact on a result straight after, only for common sense (and shrewdies getting the prices) for the context of the race to be considered.

Not quite the same and a lot more high profile but the King George last year - Cue Card won and straight after the race both Vautour and Don Cossack's Gold Cup prices were lengthened quite significantly. Bookmakers looked at the result at face value and didn't take into account

- It was Vautours first ever try at the trip, on a right handed course at Christmas time
    - Don Cossack despite never travelling in the race suddenly got into contention at the end and was in with a great chance before falling.

I'm hoping something similar may happen again this weekend so fingers at the ready!

yes agree Jono good points

I've got both in any race too, just hoping they finish close together... if they do it is going to have a really solid look to it? I see Death Duty is favourite which is a little suprising considering the distance and that they've both had a run?

You get the feeling they both want to burst the others bubble and I think the bookies will over react IF it isn't a close finish?

Are we expecting a big market move on one of them? I get the feeling that could be very significant tomorrow (or is that a bit naive?)

Really impressive from DD again, been impressed every time ive seem him. Seems like he will head here but is it just me who thinks the Neptune would be perfect for him? Seems to have plenty of speed and dont see the need to step him up. He'll have a great chance in either race.

Just posted this elsewhere but would obviously be better here:

Elliott said: "He's done it well and we like him a lot. I thought he'd improved a bit from the last day, and Bryan said he was on the bridle more this time.

"He will go now for the Grade One (Lawlors Hotel) novice hurdle at Naas (January 8). He looks an Albert Bartlett type."
    I think he'd have a great chance in either on what we've seen but a step up (which we haven't yet seen) could bring out more improvement?