Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Albert Bartlett Novices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In fairness they have every right to be sweet on him, he's done nothing wrong, and beat some horses that have franked the form.

Comment

• I really like Wholestone.

If the Irish novices aren't up to scratch, they'll struggle to get a place even with DD and AK etc

We 'know' the Irish staying hurdlers (open company) aren't as good as the British ones, and West Approach got close enough to UNWIMH to give a really, nice and solid look to the UK Novice staying hurdler form.

Maybe a little hasty, as behind WA and Wholestone theres a bit of a jump to Willoughby Court and Constantine Bay and I don't think either are worth a punt.... I was thinking about requesting a UK 1-2-3 in this race... but don't want to know now

Comment

• I'm in the Wholestone camp too ! , looked good all along this season , and got him in plenty of my L.15's,. I think it's between him and Death Duty, IF he's the Real Deal as G E says.

Comment

• I think there was word from previews about wholestone having a setback ..Casey and Carl of top of my head

Comment

• That is disappointing. I would be really sweet on Wholestone placing. Similar to Yanworth.

Comment

• Wholestone very unlikely to run

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                Wholestone very unlikely to run
                From the yard Ista ?

Comment

• I mistakenly posted this on the preview thread instead of here a few days ago.

A bit worrying for us Wholestone supporters after what Carl Llewellyn said..CL – Wholestone lacks the class for this race. He has had a problem since his last run.

I hope he's telling porkies and maybe just fishing for a bigger price, but he's pretty close to NTD, so it's a concern for sure.

But since then NTD & DJ have both said that he's in great form.

Ista ? have you heard anything ?

Comment

• Yeah unfortunately from the yard, but not serious and likely to be aimed at Aintree

Comment

• I've just pressed my Death Duty position at 9/4, when Wholestone is confirmed NR DD price will shorten and he could be a massive Irish plunge on the day, we all know how bullish Elliott is and I can really see this one getting hammered into a very short price....

Comment

• The worlds end for me now, with a saver on West Approach

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                          Yeah unfortunately from the yard, but not serious and likely to be aimed at Aintree
                          That is disappoiting. I fancied him for the 3

Comment

• Cheers for the info Ista, very disappointing from a race spectacle but definitely strengthens Death Duty's position in the market

Comment

• All change, literally in last 15 mins.

NTD this morning happy with Wholestone's progress and still targeting the potato race.
                              Think Munir only had one festival winner and very keen on getting him there...

Comment

• Sounds a bit like Barters Hill last year - its far from ideal anyway you look at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X