Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Albert Bartlett Novices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betfair doing an #askgordon for Gordon Elliott tonight on twitter. He got asked is Death Duty 100% going for Albert Bartlett, his reply 'yes 110%'

That'll do me

Comment

• I'm not one for Twitter but this 'Ask Gordon' is great value, straight questions, straight answers, just what you want (as long as you're not being put away)

Comment

• Great news. Davy must have been on the wind up then!

Comment

• ALBERT BARTLETT TEAM

AUGUSTA KATE looks like she'd want a longer trip, so I'd say she could go Albert Bartlett. C’EST JERSEY could be Albert Bartlett. PENHILL could run. BON PAPA could be another one, we’ll have to see what connections want to do.

Augusta Kate was upsides him [Death Duty] and that form puts her in with a good… she could easily run in the Albert Bartlett. No I wouldn’t be [afraid of taking Death Duty on again].

BATTLEFORD could go for the Albert Bartlett as well.

Upsides and falling at the last form is a little misleading. DD wasn't stopping?!

Comment

• I agree Kev.

Death Duty is sets the standard.

Comment

• If DD & Augusta Kate both stand up then AK must be a better bet at 2/1 a place? not saying DD will not win but if he does then surely AK will not be that far behind him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Gordon Elliott on BEtfair has just tweeted to say it is 110% that Death Duty goes for the Albert Bartlett
                Music to my ears that news

Comment

• Originally posted by mullinsmull View Post
                  If DD & Augusta Kate both stand up then AK must be a better bet at 2/1 a place? not saying DD will not win but if he does then surely AK will not be that far behind him?
                  If AK coming back after a fall in the last race has not hit her confidence then she is surely banker material for a place, DD is a galloper and just keeps going so definately on him for win now that the target is confirmed.

Comment

• I think Penhill is the overlooked horse in the race, was knocked sidewards when plugging on in the race that Airlie Beach won over 2 miles, then came out over 3 miles and romped home, the second & third has both won very easily since so that form stands up. So he could be the dark horse of the race if DD doesn't like the ground.

Comment

• Please correct me im wrong here guys but i thought i saw somewhere that they werent worried what kind of ground it will be for DD.

Comment

• I don't think Augusta Kate is banker material for a place? The british form might be ahead? Wholestone and West Approach look very, VERY solid and on form deserve to be ahead of her in the market so far? DD also deserves to be ahead of her in the betting, whether you think she'd have gotten past or not, he was ahead when she fell, and he has had a better prep (by not falling).

For me, at absolute best, she is 4th most likely to win out of those 4 horses, so I don't see her as an each way banker at all.

You'd have to think the Irish form was MUCH stronger than the British and I have no reason to think that yet? It could well be, but I don't think so, and the NRNB prices aren't enticing enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

You'd have to think the Irish form was MUCH stronger than the British and I have no reason to think that yet? It could well be, but I don't think so, and the NRNB prices aren't enticing enough?
                          I agree that the price right now at 8/1 is in my eyes too short it would only double your money. but if she went to 12/1+ i might have a try at each way and im heavily involved in DD

Comment

• Shaping up to be an absolutely superb renewal this. Best of the Novice races for me.

Comment

• Jonnymac your not wrong I also have seen an article saying the ground is not a problem, but DD has raced on heavy and soft/heavy & soft many times so surely that must be his preferred ground?

Comment

• I think DD has form on soft ground over hurdles but trainer says good won't be a problem, I think his action has been mentioned as the reason and possibly bumper form, but I might be making that bit up... yes, I am making it up...never raced on it.

Bit of a leap of faith then as it is an unknown trip AND unknown ground, however Elliott mentioned DD as his best chance of a winner three times tonight...

Comment

Working...
                                X