Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Grand Annual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Nicholls said Dodging Bullets could turn up in this ... that can't have happened ever before? A champion chaser? I'd have consider it despite everything I've seen
    been done the other way around

Grand Annual 1986 Pearlyman 7 Graham Bradley John Edwards
    Champion Chase 1987 Pearlyman 8 Peter Scudamore John Edwards
    Champion Chase 1988 Pearlyman 9 Tom Morgan John Edwards

Comment

Impressive!

Young and progressive usually beats old and classy so I don't think I'd be with Dodging Bullets but would certainly make me look more than once.

Comment

PN on DB

"He won the Queen Mother Champion Chase two years ago but has struggled since and is not as good as he was. He ran the other day at Newbury and has dropped down to a mark of 151. He is going to run in the Grand Annual which is a race which will suit him quite nicely. He has come out of Newbury really well and the Grand Annual could be the ideal race for him - he won’t be running against the type of horses he has come up against lately and he could end up with top weight - I am not saying he is going to win it but he could well run a tidy race."

Comment

I thought Dont touch it in this ??

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
            I thought Dont touch it in this ??
            I'm not sure it's 100% but I did read in the weekender last week that she was keeping him back for the Irish festivals again like last season...

Comment

Don't touch it isn't crossing the sea for Cheltenham this season BC

Comment

Pages incredibly slow to load. I thought Ordinary World and Ball D'Arc would have been the interesting ones but one hasn't been entered and other is extremely doubtful. In general the handicaps contain too much deadwood in the shape of horses who are rated too highly but will give the owners a day out. The potential improvers are squeezed out or in this instance inexplicably just don't turn up.

Comment

If Module runs reasonably today, might have a little on it in this

Comment

The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Chase Challenge Cup (Handicap)
                    Grade 3, £105,000 Total Prize Fund. Cheltenham, 5.30pm, Friday, March 17, two miles and half a furlong (2m 62yds). For five-year-old and upwards. Penalties: after February 26, a winner of a chase 5lb. No penalty to increase a horse's weight above 11st 12lb. Entries closed February 21 (77 entries), entries released February 23, weights revealed March 1. Six-day confirmation stage March 11, final declaration stage 10.00am, March 16. Maximum field of 24.

Last edited by Old Vic; 1 March 2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Very interested in Velvet Maker and Three Stars...

Comment

Surely GE will be tempted to run Ball D'Arc with that rating.

Starchitect, Dandridge and Velvet Maker are others on the shortlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          Surely GE will be tempted to run Ball D'Arc with that rating.

Starchitect, Dandridge and Velvet Maker are others on the shortlist.
                          Great minds FM!
                          I'd already gone in on BD and Starchitect pre-weights (NRNB) and VM and Dandridge are the other two that I'm tempted with

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                            Great minds FM!
                            I'd already gone in on BD and Starchitect pre-weights (NRNB) and VM and Dandridge are the other two that I'm tempted with
                            Excellent. Starchitect is probably my strongest fancy at this stage.

Comment

Also, anyone heard anything on what Cloudy Dream's plans are? That's a really nice mark for him, currently available at 16s NRNB...

Comment

The last I heard Malcolm Jefferson was aiming him at the Arkle

Comment

Working...
                                X