Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamie Lynch from Timeform said today that the rating they gave Getabird for winning yesterday would be good enough to place in every renewal ever of the Champion Bumper and it would win a few of them as well. When you consider that Patrick only rode him out once he had put the race to bed and he will most likely get better for experience and the run/fitness, that was a mighty run.
    Looking at the horses at the head of the market id say quite a few are unlikely to run in this and id be really keen on the 8/1 available. Ive had a max bet on at 25/1 so dont want to commit anymore incase of injury but id say that he could easily go off 3/1 on the day. Willie doesnt always give his bumper horses two runs, quite often they only have one prep, especially the good ones that they want to run at the various festivals so I wouldnt be surprised if they put him away now.

8/1 wont last long in this market.

Comment

Wouldn't he get bigger if he didn't run again though Billy?

If Mullins sends out something else, and before they commit to saying which they think is best (based on jockey bookings most likely) then could he drift?

Interesting comments from TF then... I'm so upset I'm not already on. Feel like it is the first horse so far that I;ve properly missed the boat with!

Comment

You could be right and he could drift, my take would be hes likely to shorten coz of hype and connections. The Gigginstown horses wont run in the race and the ones that finished 2nd and 3rd could run before and i suppose it depends on what they do. Id be very surprised if he wasnt half the price on the day though, in addition to the Timeform rating he was awarded an RPR of 132 which is massive first time out (moon racer got a 131 on his second run). If he stays fit it will take a very good one to stop him on this evidence.

Comment

(Kev dont miss Crack Mome)

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
            (Kev dont miss Crack Mome)

I really like the rating compared to moon racer. I was keen on Altior in the supreme based on his rating being higher than previous supreme winners had been and he was higher than min too. (I obviously had backed min at a bigger price ante post anyway so probably made it easier to have the bet, but still; that was just the first example that popped into my head )

I'm probably going to back getabird too because of he gets any shorter despite what I've said i'd be gutted

Comment

Managed to top up on Carter Mckay at 25's. Saw he was meant to run today but pulled out today. Hope he has his first run soon.
              Last edited by Liam301287; 18 December 2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                Managed to top up on Carter Mckay at 25's. Saw he was meant to run today but pulled out today. Hope he has his first run soon.
                What makes you keen on this horse Liam.... .seems to have slipped under my radar completely and I've only seen him mentioned on here?

Comment

Being mentioned in a few books at start of the season one to keep an eye on another of Mullins. Just being waiting to make an appearance.

Comment

A couple of bumper possibles

Decided to join the fray having read your festival posts for a couple of years now.

Check out Western Ryder & Infinite Sun. Western Ryder won a bumper at Ascot on friday impressively. He just failed to give 7lbs to Infinite Sun in his previous race going down by a short head. Infinite Sun hasn't been out since, but Paddy Brennan said that he hadn't sat on a better bumper for some years. Ive Backed WR @33s because i fancy his owners (westwood,chandler, et al) will quite fancy a runner at the festival.

Comment

Decided to join the fray having been a lurker for a couple of years.

A couple of bumpers for the notebook. Western Ryder & Infinite Sun.
                      WR won a bumper at Ascot on friday impressively. He got touched off in his previous bumper by Infinite Sun by a head, giving 7lbs.
                      Ive backed WR @33s as i think his owners (westwood,chandler) will want a live runner at the festival.

Comment

Carter Mckay, got a good mention from Paddy Mullins in the Racing Post Xmas preview podcast too so lets hope he impresses tomorrow (later on today technically)

Comment

How did he run today guys? Missed the race had few family members round.

Comment

I thought he was going to get beat with about a furlong to go but battled to win by a couple of length. I was really impressed with the Leopardstown bumper winner yesterday and have took the 16/1. I'm surprised he's available at that price given connections.

Comment

Will keep an eye out on yesterday with the bumper winner as well. There was some cracking races yesterday really enjoyed them.

Comment

Willie said Carter Mckay will go to a winners bumper and see how he fares to see if he goes to Cheltenham.... so hopefully an improved performance next time.

Comment

Working...
                                X