Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have FM, there was a time I used to look almost exclusively at the Topham and Becher for National clues but apart from the same fences the races are a million miles apart so I don't look that way much these days, in fact I almost go the polar opposite and look for horses who haven't been over the obstacles before.
    But it can't be a negative to have jumped these before and HL certainly stood out from that....

Comment

• Anyone heard anything about Tenor Nivernais ?
      Machine price looks to suggest he may not line up....

Comment

• I haven't read anything.

I was hoping bless the wings would sneak in at number 49 but it's doesn't look like many of the top 40 will miss the race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          Anyone heard anything about Tenor Nivernais ?
          Machine price looks to suggest he may not line up....
          Could it be weather related? He's one I'm keen to back, but only on the soft ground he appears to need. I doubt they would risk him on good going.

Comment

• Most of the top rated horses are out already, if Carlingford Lough doesn't run then it surely has to be an out and out stayer to win off the weights this year.

Comment

• My book now looks like:

Perfect Candidate
              Houblon Des Obeaux
              Wounded Warrior
              Highland Lodge
              Rogue Angel
              Bishops Road
              Just A Par
              Tenor Nivernais

Probably enough....

Comment

• interesting list Ista. You've left out Giggys best bet "Thunder&Roses"

Comment

• Took the plunge on Pendra. I've got a good feeling about this.

Limiting myself on bets this year. Maggio & Pendra. They're the two.

I do also like Blaklion, but he's let me down so many times and wins when I'm not on, so I'll save everyone else's book by leaving him

Edit: Maggio taken out. Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to bet on horses
                  Last edited by robith; 3 April 2017, 11:19 AM. Reason: new information came to light

Comment

• Cause of Causes was my main bet until the weekend - my wife put a £5 ew treble on ballet concerto 8/1, bravery 14/1 and Highland Lodge 33/1. First two have won and she is now waiting on Highland Lodge for £23,420.

She missed out on BOG with Bravery because she placed the bet on Friday night with Corals and BOG only comes into effect on day of race with them - that'll cost £10k+ if HL wins, which has annoyed me somewhat!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      Cause of Causes was my main bet until the weekend - my wife put a £5 ew treble on ballet concerto 8/1, bravery 14/1 and Highland Lodge 33/1. First two have won and she is now waiting on Highland Lodge for £23,420.

She missed out on BOG with Bravery because she placed the bet on Friday night with Corals and BOG only comes into effect on day of race with them - that'll cost £10k+ if HL wins, which has annoyed me somewhat!
                      Coral also only do BOG in shops if you have their membership card which on a smaller scale cost me £20 on a double last week, despite their shop being plastered in BEST PRICE GUARANTEED

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Cause of Causes was my main bet until the weekend - my wife put a £5 ew treble on ballet concerto 8/1, bravery 14/1 and Highland Lodge 33/1. First two have won and she is now waiting on Highland Lodge for £23,420.

Next you'll be complaining your diamond shoes are too tight

She (you) tempted to lock in any profit?

Comment

• maybe I shouldn't of twinned at her too much.

Not going to lay any off Kev as things stand. I was thinking of putting £5k up at 1.5 in case he idles on the run in again.

Comment

• I'd probably put £3,420 up at 1.5

Cracking position to be in though... I still haven't properly looked at the race! Managed to get Thursday and Friday afternoon off though today so will now be taking a much more serious look at this festival than I ever have before.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                              interesting list Ista. You've left out Giggys best bet "Thunder&Roses"
                              I could easily keep going Dr but you have to draw the line somewhere....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                My book now looks like:

Perfect Candidate
                                Houblon Des Obeaux
                                Wounded Warrior
                                Highland Lodge
                                Rogue Angel
                                Bishops Road
                                Just A Par
                                Tenor Nivernais

Probably enough....