Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

59th at this stage last in last year i believe ...

Last edited by Old Vic; 14 February 2017, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Vieux Lion Rouge at #40 with 10st 7lb, very interesting....
      I am with you on that one Ista - I jumped straight on him and more so Ucello Conti at 33's.

Comment

The Young Master

Jockey - tick
        Trainer - tick
        Weight - tick

but will wait for NRNB. Bet365 did it before Cheltenham last year.

Comment

Lord Windemere has been given a chance is anything left in the tank. The run against Champagne Fever was an eyecatcher.

Comment

Just had 2pts e/way on Cause Of Causes @ 40/1 with Betway as them & 365 are paying 5 places already, I know on the day some likely to pay 6 or possibly 7 this year, but thought it was worth a little investment early on.

Comment

Comment

Nicky on the sauce
                Last edited by Old Vic; 15 February 2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I took a punt on Vicente before Christmas. Very happy with the weight he received.

Comment

I have pre-backed Don Poli at 25/1 and Cause of Causes at 40/1.

I usually back 4, and the ones that catch my eye at the moment are Vicente, The Young Master and Minella Rocco. Blaklion's been given a chance as well, but even though I love the horse, I worry about him over those fences.

Comment

I can't believe I am even thinking about this race before Cheltenham.

Obviously backed Don Poli and also Cause of Causes ... then saw about 15 others that I liked so have switched it off and I will try not to come back in this thread before 20th March

Comment

Following Ista's advice many moons ago, Perfect Candidate for me 50/1

Comment

I'm liking Ucello Conti , and have a small e/way ticket on Wonderful charm -Paul nicholls @ 66-1.

Comment

O'Leary told the Irish Independent: "Gordon has announced Outlander would not run, the simple reason he was given far too much weight - a higher mark than any horse who ran in the race in recent years.

"He (Phil Smith) wants to compress the weights so better horses get more of a chance, and that's fair enough. Yet our three top horses got 2lb more from a guy who wants to compress the weights.

"A handicapper is meant to be impartial. What I'd call the National now is a pre-Brexit, post-Brexit handicap.

"That denied him (Rule The World) a chance to come back. He's as sound and as fit as could be.

"We'll run very, very few in the race. Don Poli is doubtful, while Outlander is ruled out. Empire Of Dirt won't go."

Comment

Wow, some damning stuff there....

Comment

Thunder And Roses is their dark horse this year for me, 66/1, I've literally just this minute had a small bet on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X