Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the owners put the block on Native River FM.
    TDN doesn't surprise me, he hated the race last year never traveled a yard.
    Gilgamboa does surprise me, ran well last year and expect a big run this year....

Comment

What did you make of Perfect Candidate at the weekend Ista? His price is holding up well on the exchanges.......

Comment

I thought they should never had run him.
        My guess is he's a horse who loves his racing and needs to be out of the course every 4/5 weeks, O'Brien probably knew he was out of his depth and would be outclassed but was hoping to nick some prize money without threatening his mark, in fact by running so poorly there's a chance he gets a pound or two back.
        Plenty of National winners have a 'P' in their recent form so I'm not disheartened....

Comment

Nice from Perfect Candidate today Ista. Weights announced on Tuesday and certain to get a run.

Good trials by Don Poli and Empire of Dirt too.

Comment

He'll go up to 157 now FM, that should give him about 11st 3lb or thereabouts ?
            Todays win hasn't helped at all in my mind.

16 finishers last year and only 2 of those carried over 11st, tells me weight in a massive factor these days (since fences altered)...

Comment

Last season's race was run in particular wet conditions, probably heavy ground (can't remember). The year before Many Clouds won carrying top weight, or close to it. On decent racing ground the weight is less of an issue. If you're in and around the 11st mark I'd be happy enough.

At least he's guaranteed a run.

Comment

Yeah the rain came last year.
                Since the fences were modified I think stamina has become an even bigger consideration and though Many Clouds won I think the weight angle is significant, I just think Many Clouds was something of a freak in terms of quality/calibre in the race.

Comment

Vieux Lion Rouge at #40 with 10st 7lb, very interesting....
                  Cause of Causes #31 10st 8lb
                  Perfect Candidate #13 11st
                  Last edited by Istabraq; 14 February 2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Cause of Causes :o

Comment

Perfect Candidate 11-00....... Thoughts Ista?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Perfect Candidate 11-00....... Thoughts Ista?
                        Got to be happy FM.
                        I thought he'd go up 7lb after Sundays win but he was only moved up to 156, if topweight runs and that's what he's set to carry then yeah I'm happy.

Comment

More of That 11-01 looks a nice weight for a horse of his ability.

Not a horse I'd be keen on at Aintree but I know he still has quite a fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            Got to be happy FM.
                            I thought he'd go up 7lb after Sundays win but he was only moved up to 156, if topweight runs and that's what he's set to carry then yeah I'm happy.
                            Yeah seems fair enough to me.

Comment

Don Poli 11-07. Hopefully all roads lead to Aintree now. I do hope young Mullins is on his back.

Comment

Outlander won't run so weights will rise, can see Empire of Dirt going off top weight, backed Cause of Causes immediately after weights announced

Comment

Working...
                                X