Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by robith View Post
    Obviously it's possible to get lost in the trends but a Q

Placing in the national last year seems to be the kiss of death, but I can't find anything on finishers/unplaced runners.

Basically trying to figure out if you want a horse that is totally new or not
    I haven't gone way back, but here's what I have found:

2010 - Don't Push It (Won), Black Apalachi (2nd), State Of Play (3rd), Big Fella Thanks (4th), Hello Bud (5th).

2011 - Ballabriggs, Oscar Time, Don't Push It (3rd), State Of Play (4th), Niche Market. Big Fella Thanks finished 7th and Hello Bud was pulled up, the other did not run.

2012 - Neptune Collonges, Sunnyhillboy, Seabass, Cappa Bleu, In Compliance. Ballabriggs finished 6th, Hello Bud 7th, the others did not run.

2013 - Aurora's Encore, Cappa Bleu (2nd), Teaforthree, Oscar Time (4th), Rare Bob. Seabass finished 13th, Big Fella Thanks & Sunnyhillboy U/R & Ballabriggs P/U, the others did not run.

2014 - Pineau De Re, Balthazar King, Double Seven, Alvarado, Rocky Creek. Teaforthree U/R, the others did not run.

2015 - Many Clouds, Saint Are, Monbeg Dude, Alvarado (4th), Shutthefrontdoor. Pineau De Re 12th, Oscar Time 15th & Balthazar King fell, the others did not run.

2016 - Rule The World, The Last Samuri, Vics Canvas, Gilgamboa, Goonyella. Shutthefrontdoor 9th, Many Clouds 16th & Saint Are P/U, the others did not run.

Hope this gives a little insight.

Blimey thank you CoD!

Amazingly, none of Ballabriggs, Neptune Collonges, Auroras Encore or Rule The World had any Aintree Chase experience at all before winning their respective races. Pineau De Re had only fallen at the course over fences but had not completed a race there either before winning it.

Only Don't Push It had won at the course (chasing), prior to winning the race.

Looking solely at the past 7 years it doesn't bode well for horses returning to the race as win prospects, but there is always a time for a change

My updated bets.

Singles:-
    Ucello Conti - 33/1
    Foxrock - 50/1
    Highland Lodge - 50/1
    Perfect Candidate 50/1
    Bishops Road - 66/1

Doubles with USD@ 7/2
    Bless The Wings 100/1
    Ballynagour 80/1
    Maggio 50/1
    Vicente 25/1
    Just A Par 40/1
    Cause Of Causes 33/1
    Rogue Angel 40/1
    Perfect Candidate 40/1

Others:-
    8/1 win & Ucello Conti 20/1
    10/3 win & Thunder And Roses 25/1
    5/2 win & Raz De Maree 40/1 x2
    5/2 win & The Young Master 20/1 x2
    5/2 win & Measureofmydreams 50/1
    5/2 win & Highland Lodge 33/1 x2
    5/1 win & Wonderful Charm 66/1

That's some list LR - who is your best result?

Quote Originally Posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Amazingly, none of Ballabriggs, Neptune Collonges, Auroras Encore or Rule The World had any Aintree Chase experience at all before winning their respective races. Pineau De Re had only fallen at the course over fences but had not completed a race there either before winning it.

Only Don't Push It had won at the course (chasing), prior to winning the race.

Looking solely at the past 7 years it doesn't bode well for horses returning to the race as win prospects, but there is always a time for a change
    Yeah basically I spent a lot of my day thinking myself into Pendra being the one, but the returning runner thing is warping my thinking.