Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marking Gallant Oscar down just looks spiteful. If he creeps in at the bottom and wins Phil can look for a new job. One bit of tinkering too far.

Comment

Gallant Oscar has been scratched from the race OV. Not sure why but I read it on Twitter this week.

Comment

Plenty scratched from the race today, including Don Poli, Empire of Dirt and Outlander

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Plenty scratched from the race today, including Don Poli, Empire of Dirt and Outlander
          Absolutely gutted ... not being able to see Don Poli give his perfect race a go is just so disappointing.

Comment

I see Minella Rocco is joint fav for this now following on from his Gold cup 2nd.

In my opinion the fences will catch him out but he is a dour stayer.

Ive had a few quid ew on Vicente already at 33-1. His last run in the Betfred National trial can be ignored as Nicholls said that he was just out for a run and that Aintree in April has been the target all year.

Comment

Bet365 NRNB....

Comment

Originally posted by Zipiter View Post
                I see Minella Rocco is joint fav for this now following on from his Gold cup 2nd.

In my opinion the fences will catch him out but he is a dour stayer.

Ive had a few quid ew on Vicente already at 33-1. His last run in the Betfred National trial can be ignored as Nicholls said that he was just out for a run and that Aintree in April has been the target all year.
                A 7 year old as favourite is the bookmakers way of ripping off punters for this years Grand National.

Comment

Sky also nrnb / bog

I can't have any horses coming from the back of a big run at Cheltenham. 3 weeks recovery time seems way too short.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                    Sky also nrnb / bog

I can't have any horses coming from the back of a big run at Cheltenham. 3 weeks recovery time seems way too short.
                    Cause of Causes maybe an exception?

Comment

I've took the 8/1 that JP is the winning owner. I can see Minella Rocco being below 8/1 on his own and I'll have another 3 or 4 running for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Cause of Causes maybe an exception?
                        Not to sure. He pulled up in the Scottish a month after last years fest win.

I have him covered in a double with UDS@7/2 and COC@33's. In fact I got 10 horses covered with the UDS double.

Comment

I have him covered in a double with UDS@7/2 and COC@33's. In fact I got 10 horses covered with the UDS double.
                          Just thinking this fest win probably not going to have taken as much out of him as other festival wins would have?

That is INCREDIBLE LR! .... cracking bets. Very brave

Comment

And he wasn't at his best behind Many Clouds in the National after his 4m win.
                            He clearly loves decent ground and comes alive in the Spring and if you delve far enough back in his form guide you'll find a victory at Ascot, so if he gets an undulating right handed course why not have a crack at the Whitbread ?

Comment

Worth noting that Elliott used the XC as a prep for Silver Birch (he finished 2nd) before he won the national.

Comment

Just pressed some Perfect Candidate and had some 66/1 Bishops Road NRNB.
                                The latter sneaks in down the bottom and has run well against some good yardsticks this year, notably Bristol de Mai, Otago Train and Definitely Red giving weight to them all, gets in 7lb lower than his opening season mark....

Comment

Working...
                                X