Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he was mine I'd be aiming MR at the Gold Cup.
    Just run out of his skin to finish second eating up ground on the run in, and his prep wasn't ideal having hit the deck twice this season.
    Who do we think targets the race with a realistic chance ? MR has to be on the shortlist, there's no other festival target for the horse which as we know is half the battle won...

Comment

• Surely Native River will head for the Grand National next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Surely Native River will head for the Grand National next season.
        Niggling doubt they might have a go for the Gold Cup again... what is the gap next year? With the race plan he is likely to take in he'll surely be top weight?

Comment

• The Grand National is run on the 14th next years so they'll be 29 days between races
          Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 12 April 2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• A few more to take in the Gold Cup this time around then with it being 29 days?

Don Poli?!

Comment

• I think that Native River will go gold cup ., maybe a lighter schedule to keep him fresh ,? ., would have thought that the
              welsh national took a fair bit out of him this year, although he absolutely hosed up in that !.

Comment

Working...
              X