Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Triumph Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out they were never going to run both horses yesterday, Dickie Johnson was declared to ride DDS but from very early yesterday he knew he didn't have a ride.

Defi's jumping was much improved, jumped his hurdles straight and quick, he goes to the Triumph with a favourites chance.
    My only nagging doubt is that he hasn't been tested, he's won his races on the bridle and as impressive as his turn of foot is he hasn't been in a battle.
    When Geraghty tried getting into him at Chepstow was when he jumped out to his left, I hope that's not a trait develops/continues because he won't be winning every race in his career on the bridle !

That said my confidence has only increased....

Comment

I agree with you there Ista, id like to have seen him in a battle but you can only beat whats in front. As you say my confidence has only increased, and theres still a bit of 4/1 5/1 about

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        Turns out they were never going to run both horses yesterday, Dickie Johnson was declared to ride DDS but from very early yesterday he knew he didn't have a ride.

Defi's jumping was much improved, jumped his hurdles straight and quick, he goes to the Triumph with a favourites chance.
        My only nagging doubt is that he hasn't been tested, he's won his races on the bridle and as impressive as his turn of foot is he hasn't been in a battle.
        When Geraghty tried getting into him at Chepstow was when he jumped out to his left, I hope that's not a trait develops/continues because he won't be winning every race in his career on the bridle !

That said my confidence has only increased....
        Dickie was on him in Chepstow so maybe just a different riding style ? Three wins at Cheltenham under Barry - my main concern is ground at this stage.

Comment

I didn;t think DDS was a good bet at 6s before that race, but WH we're 5/1 NRNB after it, and I have backed that.

I would still fancy Charli Parcs and have taken 7s NRNB but I do expect him to turn up in the Supreme (which I've also backed NRNB) ....

As I said a page or so back, DDS wasn't my idea of the winner but yesterday was very impressive and he sorted out his jumping. Big engine, lots of match practice and keeps winning!

Comment

entries are in here

Comment

Any news on Bapaume? seen he had drifted out to 10s on Skybet

Comment

Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                Any news on Bapaume? seen he had drifted out to 10s on Skybet
                Nothing to lay on Betfair either. Ricci is cursed this year if he is losing another one.

Comment

Rubys pick ...Bapaume ahead of Meri Devie in his mind then

1 Bapaume (FR)(140) Mrs S Ricci W.P. Mullins R. Walsh 11,00
                  2 Bhutan John P. McManus Joseph Patrick O'Brien Mark Walsh(T) 11,00
                  3 Ex Patriot Paul Holden Miss Ellmarie Holden David Mullins 11,00
                  4 Housesofparliament John P. McManus Joseph Patrick O'Brien Barry Geraghty(T) 11,00
                  5 Mega Fortune (FR)(136) C.Jones Gordon Elliott Davy Russell(C) 11,00
                  6 On The Go Again L.Mulvany Michael Mulvany Denis O'Regan(T) 11,00
                  7 Sword Fighter John P. McManus Joseph Patrick O'Brien Jody McGarvey(T) 11,00
                  8 Dinaria Des Obeaux (FR) Gigginstown House Stud Gordon Elliott Jack Kennedy 10,07
                  9 Meri Devie (FR) Andrea Wylie W.P. Mullins Paul Townend 10,07

Comment

Dinaria des Obeaux will hopefully be projected to near favouritism after demolishing this lot :o

Comment

This race looks like a cracker!!

Comment

I'm hoping this race brings the best out of Mega Fortune. A strongly run race is required to do so.

Comment

Interesting that ruby has chosen Bapaume over Meri Devie, had already backed Bapaume before its last run but think Mega Fortune could definitely turn the form around having re watched the race. Hopefully lots of improvement been shown at home which has swayed him to stick with Bapaume

Comment

Originally posted by Aldie1988 View Post
                            This race looks like a cracker!!
                            With you on that, looks a real gooden! Interested to see how Bhutan gets on first time up in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Johar View Post
                              With you on that, looks a real gooden! Interested to see how Bhutan gets on first time up in this.
                              Indeed ..@racingtrends mentioned him on twitter.

Comment

Ruby

n the Spring Juvenile Hurdle I could have ridden Bapaume or Meri Devie, but have gone with the former. Both won at the Christmas meeting at this track but Bapaume won a graded race, while Meri Devie won a maiden hurdle. You can’t deny she was very impressive, but his form looks a bit stronger.

They both seem to be in good form and, as you’d expect from most four-year-olds as the years goes on, they’ve improved since Christmas. They will have to have, though, because this is a hot race.

Bapaume has to give Meri Devie seven pounds, as she has the mares’ allowance, but the ground, which could be a bit softer than at Christmas, won’t make any difference to him, but could make a difference to her as she’s a really good-actioned filly.

Comment

Working...
                                X