Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Triumph Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've took 25/1 Mega Fortune. He looked to get caught out when the pace quickened yesterday, before staying on to finish a close third. An end to end gallop in the triumph will suit him and I'm confident he can reverse the form with the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      I've took 25/1 Mega Fortune. He looked to get caught out when the pace quickened yesterday, before staying on to finish a close third. An end to end gallop in the triumph will suit him and I'm confident he can reverse the form with the other two.
      Can't knock at 25s. I did hear (I think it was a pundit though) saying they think softer ground would show him in better light. It might have been on the Racing Post podcast actually

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        I think Defi De Sueil is about as good a juvenile hurdler I've seen for many years, his tendancy to jump left would be a concern and that only developed yesterday I couldn't see that trait at Cheltenham.
        They'll take a good look at him as he may have a slight muscle problem but he demolished a good field yesterday and there was plenty in the tank at the line, could be very very good....
        I tend to agree with your post. Im not worried in the slightest about his jumping as i think he got a little bit lonely having blown the field away on the bridle. He will get plenty of cover in the triumph which will see the best of his jumping, which in the main has been very good. Defi De Sueil has serious gears and wouldn't need to come off the bridle to beat Cliffs of Dover (Triumph winners don't start down the h/cap route). P.Hobbs knows whats needed to win a triumph. AIMHO
        Last edited by doctorwu; 31 December 2016, 08:47 AM.

Comment

What about the Irish challenge, think bapaume was impressive the other day, as I thought LOHAG was clearly the best from over the sea.. Rich ricci mentioned him as his most forward juvenile on an ATR preview a month or so ago .. Anyone else get the feeling we haven't seen the triumph winner yet?

Comment

Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
            What about the Irish challenge, think bapaume was impressive the other day, as I thought LOHAG was clearly the best from over the sea.. Rich ricci mentioned him as his most forward juvenile on an ATR preview a month or so ago .. Anyone else get the feeling we haven't seen the triumph winner yet?
            I'd be astonished if we have not seen the Triumph winner already. I think the only pieces left to fall into place is the McManus runners and whether he will split them up and send one or two to the Supreme if he thinks he has this race covered. The Irish never really bothered with this race for a while but they now seem to be throwing money and horses at trying to win it, including Willie. The depth this year is as good as I can remember especially with all the ex-flat recruits with Joseph now. I would not rule his runners out if they get there as the genuine good ground will help all of them on the day.

Comment

I must admit the horses we've seen so far have been very Impressive, think Charlie parcs will be the JP supreme horse after what he did th other day. Difficult to pick an absolute stand out though, with so much strength in depth

Comment

Might be a case of following the money for me in this race. Difficulty will be knowing whose money it is though, I am sure the bookies are very aware of how to exploit a JP gamble to their benefit though. They could say at any point they're seeing lots of money and people will be going crazy to get on?

Tempted by Charli Parcs at 8/1 NRNB for the Supreme?

Comment

Just watched DDS again against Evening Hush trying to get excited by it and I can't. Evening Hush made a mistake to give DDS the lead and the winning margin is a little exaggerated because she's eased down when beaten.

Is DDS expected to run again, because I would want to see that jumping improved a heck of a lot before I had a bet... Some better judges than me on here do like him but I am just not convinced at all on what I've seen.

I prefer Bapaume and Meri Devie at the moment at 10s. I think the improvement from the Ricci horse was expected and that would surely put her in the mix and MD should also improve on his second start, and if he improved as much, he'd also have a shout?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Just watched DDS again against Evening Hush trying to get excited by it and I can't. Evening Hush made a mistake to give DDS the lead and the winning margin is a little exaggerated because she's eased down when beaten.

Is DDS expected to run again, because I would want to see that jumping improved a heck of a lot before I had a bet... Some better judges than me on here do like him but I am just not convinced at all on what I've seen.

I prefer Bapaume and Meri Devie at the moment at 10s. I think the improvement from the Ricci horse was expected and that would surely put her in the mix and MD should also improve on his second start, and if he improved as much, he'd also have a shout?
                    Hes possibly going to be out at Trials day

Comment

Probably be one of the horses I miss then. A win their and he'll shorten up (deservedly so) but be unbackable as an ante post bet IMO.
                      Or, he'll not impress and drift.

I don't think the 6's is good enough for me to bet on at the moment just because if he jumped like that at the last few in the Triumph he'd do well to place

Comment

I took 6s in a couple of multiples and am considering a single depending on how I do the weekend. Its not for everyone though

Comment

Nothing much learnt there regarding DDS but at least his jumping looked neater than previous.

Comment

Jumping was much better today. Getting very tough to knock his chance and Hobbs said "goes straight for the Triumph".

I like Charli Parcs more but think Charli Parcs is going for the Supreme...

Comment

disappointed that CP bottled out of the contest. Ground?? not quite sure what he's looking for.....
                              DDS jumping a little better today. I still firmly believe that when he's covered up, in a big field, we will see the best of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Jumping was much better today. Getting very tough to knock his chance and Hobbs said "goes straight for the Triumph".

I like Charli Parcs more but think Charli Parcs is going for the Supreme...
                                Yes I think Charli will go to the Supreme.

Barry plenty of options for this race with DDS (very likely) and any of O'Briens if they pull up any trees in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X