Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Ryanair Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, I liked how low he was... like UDS?! Although the accident waiting to happen is spot on, my liking was only after each fence, quickly followed by fear until the next.

He will pay you back at Chelt ista ... or I'll be marching alone towards the highest reaches of the cliff

Comment

Is Uxizandre likely to show ? No entries and race at Ascot would have looked an obvious prep ? He got a mention in the RP as an outsider but can't see much else.

Comment

Really tough race to weigh up, when any number of 'big guns' could get re-routed.

Last year I had a massive EW bet on Al Ferof after the KG and he lost out because of Vautour and R2R turning up when both should have been in the GC!

My slip for GLV is still live at least, although I saw they mentioned the Champion Chase!

Comment

I quite like Gilgamboa for this at 33-1. Was 5th in the race last year and been running over shorter than ideal this season. Obviously will be targeted at the grand national again so there's always the worry he won't turn up here or that it may be used as a stepping stone for the national. But I still like him as a lively outsider.

Comment

Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
            I quite like Gilgamboa for this at 33-1. Was 5th in the race last year and been running over shorter than ideal this season. Obviously will be targeted at the grand national again so there's always the worry he won't turn up here or that it may be used as a stepping stone for the national. But I still like him as a lively outsider.
            It's one of those horses you just feel has a big race in it somewhere.It's just a case of being on it on the right day!

Comment

Comment

I think this race is tailor made for Valseur Lido but it appears he's gonna be in the Gold Cup

Comment

Champagne Fever entered for Istabraq.

Comment

Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                    Not entered

Comment

Ista wanted him in the GC I think mayo. Can't imagine he'll be Ruby's pick though so no need to rush in ante posteoporosis.

I had a few speculative bets on black Hercules so I'm hoping he turns up in the same form as he did for the JLT. Not very good at all this year so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                        I think this race is tailor made for Valseur Lido but it appears he's gonna be in the Gold Cup
                        Surely he runs here after his Lexus run?

Comment

Originally posted by SH1591 View Post
                          I thought that but im sure Gigginstown have said him and Outlander in the GC?

Comment

Originally posted by SH1591 View Post
                            Wouldn't be so sure of that. Looked to have definitely improved for the longer trip every other time and he wouldn't be a standout in the Ryanair really? He'd have a good chance sure, but he looked better over further and Mullins' always said he was a stayer?

Comment

Valseur Lido is a strange one, his JLT performance in Vautour's JLT suggested he needed further as he was left trailing when Douvan found one of his extra gears, he certainly improved for the step up at Punchestown a couple of years ago when beating (a below par) Don Poli and Irish Cavalier amongst others so going for the Ryanair last year was a puzzling decision.
                              Maybe he was just below par over Christmas, it happens, but I don't see his future being at the intermediate trip, could be wrong....
                              Last edited by Istabraq; 12 January 2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                Valseur Lido is a strange one, his JLT performance in Vautour's JLT suggested he needed further as he was left trailing when Douvan found one of his extra gears, he certainly improved for the step up at Punchestown a couple of years ago when beating (a below par) Don Poli and Irish Cavalier amongst others so going for the Ryanair last year was a puzzling decision.
                                Maybe he was just below par over Christmas, it happens, but I don't see his future being at the intermediate trip, could be wrong....
                                I agree Ista.
                                Was travelling best when he came down at the last in the Irish Gold Cup last year and whilst it didn't have the depth of THE Gold Cup, he also won comfortably over 3m at Down Royal this season.

I think/hope that we can put a line through his Lexus performance, as I think that 3m+ would normally see him at his best.

Ultimately, I think he lacks the quality to win the Gold Cup (but that didn't stop me having a nibble at 14's after Down Royal!)

Comment

Working...
                                X