Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Ryanair Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
    Later ones nrnb but first time I looked at the race and thought this could be his target was before, what's your one horse Kev, I'm thinking of Uxi
    My the sounds of needing the watering cans my guess is UDS?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
      My the sounds of needing the watering cans my guess is UDS?
      Of course, still waking up

Comment

• The plan is to leave the ground as is for tues and wed and then they are going to water the course after racing on Wed. Good news for UDS. That was the news from Alister Downing on the Sunday forum this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
          Later ones nrnb but first time I looked at the race and thought this could be his target was before, what's your one horse Kev, I'm thinking of Uxi
          UDS ... certainly not a race I am in a good position though. Have some 5/1 on him but not enough to cover the losses on

Vautour, Valsuer Lido, Garde la Victoire, Black Hercules and Killultah Vic ...

About to concentrate on day one so will come back to this later.

Uxi good ground, UDS if any sort of soft?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            I've had a nibble at Vaniteux @ 33/1. Fehily is jocked up and this race has the potential to cut up badly.
            I remember putting him up for a place a couple weeks ago and guys here saying he has no chance wherever he goes. Knowing the field will cut up, he will go off around 16-20/1 max.

Comment

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
              I remember putting him up for a place a couple weeks ago and guys here saying he has no chance wherever he goes. Knowing the field will cut up, he will go off around 16-20/1 max.
              I hope it was me

Account closing kinda bet I don't think he'll place on anything that he has shown this year. ON last years fall in the Arkle you can maybe make a case.... Worse 33/1 shots though of course

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                I hope it was me

Account closing kinda bet I don't think he'll place on anything that he has shown this year. ON last years fall in the Arkle you can maybe make a case.... Worse 33/1 shots though of course
                Thats just like saying Yanworth won't win the CH from what he has shown this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                  Thats just like saying Yanworth won't win the CH from what he has shown this year.
                  Yanworth has not been beaten this year... Vaniteaux has

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Yanworth has not been beaten this year... Vaniteaux has
                    I didn't say Vaniteaux will win.

Comment

• O'leary has just said EoD still the plan for this race, yipee

Empire Of Dirt set to stick to the Ryanair Chase over Gold Cup at Cheltenham

Empire Of Dirt looks set to stick to the Ryanair Chase at Cheltenham on Thursday despite the defection of Don Poli from the Gold Cup.

Share this

Sunday 12 March 2017
                      News

Empire Of Dirt looks set to stick to the Ryanair Chase at Cheltenham on Thursday despite the defection of Don Poli from the Gold Cup.

Third last year, Don Poli has picked up an injury that means he misses the big meeting and in the wake of that trainer Gordon Elliott said he would discuss running plans with Michael and Eddie O'Leary of Gigginstown House Stud.

But speaking on At The Races, Eddie O'Leary said of the Irish Gold Cup runner-up: "I'd say we will probably go to the Ryanair with Empire Of Dirt, all going well. He has a good chance.

"He'll probably get taken off his legs for the first mile, but hopefully he'll get back into it after that."

He added of Don Poli: "He has a leg, and when you have a leg you have a leg. So we'll treat it up and hopefully have him back at some stage."

Lexus Chase winner Outlander is likely to be Gigginstown's only runner in the Gold Cup, a race they won 12 months ago with Don Cossack and in 2006 with War Of Attrition. But O'Leary is not banking on him giving the operation a third success in the blue riband.

He said: "We've won it twice, but you can safely rule that out. If I could back any I'd back Djakadam (second the last two years), I think he is the moral winner. He's fresh this year, he's matured and I think he is an outstanding bet."
                      Last edited by Kevloaf; 12 March 2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Still confident that Empire Of Dirt is the best of these by some margin. That said the small field is a potential negative. Walsh will no doubt want to sit in front and dictate a slow/muddling pace. Not sure that Uxizandre is anything like as good as he was so it seems unlikely he will repeat the style of his previous victory. That makes Sub Lieutenant very important. He probably has enough ability to frustrate Un De Sceaux before Empire Of Dirt arrives on the scene. I am sure Gigginstown realise that a slow pace would suit only one horse.

Comment

• Sub Lieutenant didn't do anything to help which makes me wonder if there were pre-race doubts about Empire Of Dirt's condition.

There are no doubt plenty of people who will now say Empire Of Dirt was in the wrong race. On that evidence he would have been beaten even further in a Gold Cup. He never travelled or jumped with any fluency. Those were the hallmarks of his rise up the ranks. Elliott has obviously produced plenty of horses spot on but this horse for whatever reason was way below his best. The best guess would be he left this race behind in the Irish Gold Cup.

The run of Aso suggests the form in behind the winner is extremely dubious.

Comment

Working...
                          X